"Live" from the Legend of the Seas - January 13, 2014

Lisa, we will be on our way on Sunday same cruise. I been checking the weather and it is windy each port. Was it a problem when you got out of the ship for a tour or just to walk around? Also was it cold in the MDR?

Some days were windier than others, but it did not interfere with our excursions or walking around. The only time wind was a factor were the first two sea days up on deck 10. It was just too windy to walk or sit up there. The temperature in the MDR was fine to me and I was wearing sleeveless or strapless dresses all week. I did have a sweater in the cabin just in case, but I never needed it.

Lisa

Lisa

thanks for doing this - we are sailing on the Legend next January.

Question - did the captain stay on Eastern time or move the clocks forward 1hr? My itinerary right now shows tortola 8am to 5pm for example...is this really 9am to 6pm local time or is it 8am to 5pm Atlantic (7am to 4pm Eastern?)

John in NC

Lisa

thanks for doing this - we are sailing on the Legend next January.

Question - did the captain stay on Eastern time or move the clocks forward 1hr? My itinerary right now shows tortola 8am to 5pm for example...is this really 9am to 6pm local time or is it 8am to 5pm Atlantic (7am to 4pm Eastern?)

John in NC

Hi John, the clocks were moved forward an hour. It was either the first or second night. The last port night they turned them back again. They did this on the our 10 day Vision sailing as well.

Lisa

Hi John, the clocks were moved forward an hour. It was either the first or second night. The last port night they turned them back again. They did this on the our 10 day Vision sailing as well.

Lisa

ok thanks....do you remember when your ship docked at Antigua? (was it 9am like the Royal site says or was it 8am--Atlantic time)?

I am trying to determine which ferry I can strive to catch for Virgin Gorda-Baths on my 10 nighter.

ok thanks....do you remember when your ship docked at Antigua? (was it 9am like the Royal site says or was it 8am--Atlantic time)?

I am trying to determine which ferry I can strive to catch for Virgin Gorda-Baths on my 10 nighter.

We didn't go to Antigua on our itinerary...went to Labadee instead. I can say that other than Labadee, we were docked and cleared 30 minutes to an hour early in every port. Labadee, we were right on time.

The port times that Royal provided on the itinerary were the island time (Atlantic Time Zone).

Lisa

Edited by RedHeadTexan

I finally got around to scanning our formal night portrait. Normally we do not buy photos, but this one was just too good to pass up. Walt always looks so dapper in a tuxedo. :D

Slide1_zps6f514e4c.jpg

Lisa

Gorgeous and handsome photo of a gorgeous and handsome couple!

Lisa, do you remember the cruise day when they do the show at the Centrum? I know it is on 8:10 and 10:10 PM but don't know what day of the cruise. Also were would it be best to watch it. I may have the dinner at the buffet so I can find a good sit. Lisa, you both look great. We will all miss you.

Edited by esper10

Hi just want to weigh in on the Legend. Just got off her on 2/24 and I have to say that they are doing alot better than when I was there in Nov. The crew was fabulous and that made the cruise better. John our previous cabin attendant said hello to you Karen.

Steve, you obviously have a bunch that you would like to share regarding your experience on the Legend. Since this thread is about my experience, you should start your own Legend review thread. I am sure people would be interested in it.

Lisa

Hi Lisa: I thought it would fill in the experience for others with multimedia and am sorry to intrude. Any photos/vids I share will be on the 1/13/14 Roll call for any who care to see. No more posts here.

S

Hi Lisa, I followed your thread pretty faithfully and I don't think you mentioned any theme nights... If you did, I must have missed. Was there a "White Night" or 70's evening or other? We're on the Legend 3/7.

And, once again, it was a real pleasure sailing "Live" with you. Thanks so much.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I enjoyed Steve and Harry's and the other's experiences on this cruise, I wasn't aware that this thread was for only Lisa's experience, I mistakenly thought that the others could chime in. I was aware that Lisa started it, but it was very helpful to have it all in one place for those of us who were following along and eager to hear info. When working full time it is nice to just have to look one place for all of the info and the answers!!

Edited by stretchcruz

Hi Lisa, I followed your thread pretty faithfully and I don't think you mentioned any theme nights... If you did, I must have missed. Was there a "White Night" or 70's evening or other? We're on the Legend 3/7.

And, once again, it was a real pleasure sailing "Live" with you. Thanks so much.

There are theme nights and here they are:

Day 3 - 50's/60's Dance Party

Day 4 - 80's/90's Dance Party

Day 8 - 70's Night

I did not see a White Night, but I may have missed it.

Lisa

I enjoyed Steve and Harry's and the other's experiences on this cruise, I wasn't aware that this thread was for only Lisa's experience, I mistakenly thought that the others could chime in. I was aware that Lisa started it, but it was very helpful to have it all in one place for those of us who were following along and eager to hear info. When working full time it is nice to just have to look one place for all of the info and the answers!!

I have to agree with you,i was enjoying everyone chiming in.It's nice having post's all in one thread.Will be on the Legend in April for a b2b2b.Thanks everyone for you opinions and post's.

I have to agree with you,i was enjoying everyone chiming in.It's nice having post's all in one thread.Will be on the Legend in April for a b2b2b.Thanks everyone for you opinions and post's.

I'm with Lisa on this..."chiming in" is one thing, and Lisa hasn't objected to that. And, she's been clear about being open to all questions, too. This isn't a roll call or general comments thread...it's a personal review thread and that has been very clear from the opening entry. But, Steve really was beginning to add major posts with videos that are very different in timbre, tone and style. He's stated that he'll post on the roll call, so those who want to follow can simply add that to your "subscribed".

I hesitated from even posting this because it takes away further from the original topic, but I hope my opinion can get us mainly back to LISA'S view and re-view.

Edited by tnfcruise

I'm with Lisa on this..."chiming in" is one thing, and Lisa hasn't objected to that. And, she's been clear about being open to all questions, too. This isn't a roll call or general comments thread...it's a personal review thread and that has been very clear from the opening entry. But, Steve really was beginning to add major posts with videos that are very different in timbre, tone and style. He's stated that he'll post on the roll call, so those who want to follow can simply add that to your "subscribed".

I hesitated from even posting this because it takes away further from the original topic, but I hope my opinion can get us mainly back to LISA'S view and re-view.

Well i have loved Lisa's live reporting,it's wonderful,but this is an open discussion on these threads.There is a place on CC for private blogging.I personally enjoyed all of Steve's post's and video's but that's just my 2 cent's whatever that's worth.Like i said awesome job Lisa,i have followed your post from the beginning.