"Live" from the Legend of the Seas - January 13, 2014

Lisa, we enjoyed seeing you and Walt and Harry and Joyce the night before sailing and dinner on the first night at Chops. Also glad to have you join Alex, Becky, Eddie and I on our tour of Harrison's Cave in Barbados. That was fun. Sorry that Walt was sick and unable to go but we were glad to have you in our little group.

I agree with you that if you are expecting Freedom class or Oasis class you will be disappointed. The ship was in good condition and the crew was fantastic. Always a great attitude and very friendly. There was an issue with MTD. We complained and got it somewhat resolved but they need a lot of work. The excuse that we were given was that 1st seating was full and that everyone that wanted that were assigned to MTD. And of course they all came at 6. Then when our reserved time was at 7, there was no room. We would sail on it again if the itinerary was one that we wanted.

Edited by Dett

There was an issue with MTD. We complained and got it somewhat resolved but they need a lot of work. The excuse that we were given was that 1st seating was full and that everyone that wanted that were assigned to MTD. And of course they all came at 6. Then when our reserved time was at 7, there was no room. We would sail on it again if the itinerary was one that we wanted.

Hi - for those who have sailed the Legend--would you recommend late assigned seating versus anytime dining? We usually do anytime - love the flexibility...but right now have 8:30 late seating reserved with friends...just curious.

Thanks

jw

Hi - for those who have sailed the Legend--would you recommend late assigned seating versus anytime dining? We usually do anytime - love the flexibility...but right now have 8:30 late seating reserved with friends...just curious.

Thanks

jw

I am a huge fan of MTD, but if I had to do it all over again I would do late seating on the Legend and try to get a table for two. I did not have an issue with MTD on our other Royal Caribbean sailings, so we are booked for that on the Oasis.

Lisa

I am a huge fan of MTD, but if I had to do it all over again I would do late seating on the Legend and try to get a table for two. I did not have an issue with MTD on our other Royal Caribbean sailings, so we are booked for that on the Oasis.

Lisa

We also sign up for MTD. Although it more a case of we have to sign up for that or the traditional DR experience. We rarely go to the dining room anymore. We head to the Windjammer just about every night. Every night at the Windjammer they had a chef or two doing custom cooking in addition to the other varied menu offerings. It varies from night to night. I had the Mongolian meal twice and it was just great. For that, we pick out the raw ingredients and the chef cooks them up in the Wok.

We were on the Legacy for the cruise after yours. Just got off today. The only evidence of the Flu that you went though was one of the male (the one with the beard) was missing for the first singing/dancing production show. We later learned that he was still laid up with the flu. Other than that, we saw nobody who was sick or even coughing.

Hi Lisa: I thought it would fill in the experience for others with multimedia and am sorry to intrude. Any photos/vids I share will be on the 1/13/14 Roll call for any who care to see. No more posts here.

S

Ditto! Harry from the Legend. Lisa, I just got off today. Now in Atlanta. Glad you set him straight. His personality was coming thru. I will add a little after reading it tomorrow, but just a few thoughts. You were so kind to share your time and thoughts to others. If the readers got to know you personally they would be even more impressed. Until later, 21 days on the Legend was a lot. H

I'm with Lisa on this..."chiming in" is one thing, and Lisa hasn't objected to that. And, she's been clear about being open to all questions, too. This isn't a roll call or general comments thread...it's a personal review thread and that has been very clear from the opening entry. But, Steve really was beginning to add major posts with videos that are very different in timbre, tone and style. He's stated that he'll post on the roll call, so those who want to follow can simply add that to your "subscribed".

I hesitated from even posting this because it takes away further from the original topic, but I hope my opinion can get us mainly back to LISA'S view and re-view.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi this is Harry, just off the 1/24/14 cruise also as I did the B2B. You hit the nail on the head about the other guy. I just added thoughts to what Lisa was saying, not a "come see my better review" thoughts. Lisa is doing a great job, and it was a shame someone was attempting to funnel her excitement to their benefit. Joyce and I were privileged to have dinner with Lisa several times including Chops. She helped make our cruise a little more special. If any of you get the opportunity of cruising with Lisa and Walt in the future, you will understand what I am saying. I look forward to seeing her future LIVE reports. icon7.gificon14.gif H

Thanks

jw

Let me jump in on this thought. Dining has changed to 8:00pm for late dining (5:30 for early dining), however, it is advertised as 8:00 to 8:45. I see this as a problem for some that want late seating and have folks at a large table show up at different times. The advertised times would promote doing this. So eat with a group you know and would be there at the same time. We tried to always eat by ourselves (when not with Lisa), and there are very--very few tables for two. H

I hope this gives you some

Let me jump in on this thought. Dining has changed to 8:00pm for late dining (5:30 for early dining), however, it is advertised as 8:00 to 8:45. I see this as a problem for some that want late seating and have folks at a large table show up at different times. The advertised times would promote doing this. So eat with a group you know and would be there at the same time. We tried to always eat by ourselves (when not with Lisa), and there are very--very few tables for two. H

Thanks Harry for the info/update on times. We may have another couple joining us...so we will make a decision later. We usually like to eat from 6-7pm like everyone else....just didn't want to wait 30min or longer and miss any shows/entertainment (been awhile since we sailed RCCL).

Does the MDR dining go pretty fast? On Princess - we could be out in 1 hr or less...on Carnival it seemed like 1.5 hrs to 2hr at times was the normal.

Thanks!

John in NC

I hope this gives you some

Thanks for that info. I wonder if the change from 8:30 to 8:00 is across ALL RCI ships? For us, that would make second seating about ideal.

I would think that if you're sitting with (the same) large group every night, it shouldn't be that difficult to talk & agree among yourselves what time you're showing up for dinner.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Hi tallcva3344,

We were also on Legend Jan 13 and loved reading Lisa's review when we got back. She obviously enjoyed the ship as much as we did!

Since you got to do a B2B.......

We noticed Legend was still in port when we flew over her at 6:00pm on Jan 24. Do you know why she left so late?

Thanks!

Lisa (or others)

you mentioned previously you would try to post the compasses when you got home and recovered (I know it is a major pain to scan them and post)....let us know if you still intend to do so we can be on the lookout for it. I am interested in seeing at least one of them to get a flavor of the sea day/evening activities.

GREAT information BTW for us newbies on RCCL. Appreciate it!

John in NC

Edited by JohnBoy in NC
mispelled OP name

Lisa, the cruise is going well. Have not heard f anyone getting sick. Very windy. Expecting 28mph winds in st. Maarten tomorrow. Going to Orient Bay anyway. Maybe it will blow away the Mosquitos. Eating at chops three times! Izuma once and chef's table once. Should be fun. I have been following your posts, and they are great. I am not posting anything you are talking about like food and menus, as this is your site and I ll only post something new, like when taking a shower on the Legend it is a good idea to get the chair towel clips and hang them at the bottom of the shower curtain. This will keep the curtain from attacking and sticking to the butt.

I cannot remember if you posted this idea we talked about during our cruise. I personally cannot understand why this ship is so stable in what I think is rough water. RUMOR:: several long time workers on the Legend told me RCCL is selling the legend 3/15. I know people are booking past that date, but crew has been told to look to other ships. Again this is a rumor as told by 4 crew. I personally do not think it will happen, but this is an old ship, and fights to produce the WOW experience. H

You have to look very hard to find the wow from the ship. The crew can only do so much to offset the ships physical condition. I am glad to here that it sounds they are at least evaluating this vessels place in the fleet lineup.

Lisa (or others)

you mentioned previously you would try to post the compasses when you got home and recovered (I know it is a major pain to scan them and post)....let us know if you still intend to do so we can be on the lookout for it. I am interested in seeing at least one of them to get a flavor of the sea day/evening activities.

GREAT information BTW for us newbies on RCCL. Appreciate it!

John in NC

I will see what I can do for you...one issue is my personal laptop got infected with a virus and Walt is having to fix everything. I have the compasses, just no computer right now. :(

Lisa