"Live" from the Legend of the Seas - January 13, 2014

Hi tallcva3344,

We were also on Legend Jan 13 and loved reading Lisa's review when we got back. She obviously enjoyed the ship as much as we did!

Since you got to do a B2B.......

We noticed Legend was still in port when we flew over her at 6:00pm on Jan 24. Do you know why she left so late?

Thanks!

Weather caused a fairly large group flying into FLL to be delayed. So they waited. That is what I was told. I must say this it did cause the ship to have to go faster, and make up the time. H

You are the best Lisa - and so very helpful with answering ?s etc.

thanks again!

John in NC

Yes Lisa is great to post those. I always liked to get an idea. There is one change. Show times are now 7:00 and 8:45, and when later shows were planned, the late show was changed to 10:15 vs 10:45. Just a few changes from the 1/13/14 cruise. H

We noticed Legend was still in port when we flew over her at 6:00pm on Jan 24. Do you know why she left so late?

Thanks!

We were standing on the top deck to take pictures as we left port. Soon after 6:00 we gave up and headed to the Windjammer for dinner. We finally got going about 6:30. The Captain told us that they had some kind of "IT" problem... Not sure what that is, but it held us up until they got it resolved... The two hour delay had no effect on arriving at the first port three days later. We even had enough time to stop at Grand Turk to drop off some passenger at a hospital on the 2nd night around 4:00am.

We were standing on the top deck to take pictures as we left port. Soon after 6:00 we gave up and headed to the Windjammer for dinner. We finally got going about 6:30. The Captain told us that they had some kind of "IT" problem... Not sure what that is, but it held us up until they got it resolved... The two hour delay had no effect on arriving at the first port three days later. We even had enough time to stop at Grand Turk to drop off some passenger at a hospital on the 2nd night around 4:00am.

They never like to admit that they will wait for folks. I heard about the IT reasoning also, but was told by staff that it was delayed flights because of the weather. Maybe I was informed incorrectly. I remember the Grand Turk stop. I remember saying finally stopped there. Kind of dark in the harbor. H

Edited by tallcva3344

They never like to admit that they will wait for folks. I heard about the IT reasoning also, but was told by staff that it was delayed flights because of the weather. Maybe I was informed incorrectly. I remember the Grand Turk stop. I remember saying finally stopped there. Kind of dark in the harbor. H

I think you are right. The 'IT' explanation was vague and did not make much sense. Maybe ChoiceAir booked the flight and since it did not affect the schedule to wait, it was better to delay leaving rather the deal with unhappy passengers and the associated additional cost to RCL for the re-routing.

I thought that I would wake up when they stopped at Grand Turk, but I slept right though it.... :)

Thanks for solving the mystery edjny and tallcva3344. At least I know I wasn't crazy when I spotted Legend still in Port Everglades.

That's great that you got to your first port on time, despite a late departure and an emergency stop.

After a week and half at home in snowy Ottawa, I wish I was back on Legend!

Thanks for solving the mystery edjny and tallcva3344. At least I know I wasn't crazy when I spotted Legend still in Port Everglades.

That's great that you got to your first port on time, despite a late departure and an emergency stop.

After a week and half at home in snowy Ottawa, I wish I was back on Legend!

We got to the first stop on schedule, but the schedule changed when we got to St Kitts. We got there a bit early, but when the Captain tried to dock, he could not do it safely. There was a 30 knot wind hitting the ship at a 90 degree angle to the ship. The thusters were not powerful enough to overcome the force of the wind. We ended up leaving the port and having an extra sea day getting back to Port Everglades. Everybody had a surprise when they found credits for port fees/taxes put on their account statement. Along with any excursion costs, these credits are supposed to be credited to our credit card. As of this point, it is not on the credit card yet. I will give it a few more days and then call about it.

After a month and half at home in snowy Ottawa, I wish I was back on Legend also! But, it is Ottawa, Illinois.

One or two members of the crew told me they wanted to experience a snowy winter one day. I told them that a day is about all it would take to change their minds!

Edited by jackinav

Lisa, you and Walt get a virus on the ship, then your laptop gets a virus at home.

I know...it's ridiculously funny. :D

Walt will be home this evening and I think he is wiping my laptop and rebuilding it. It's awesome being married to a programmer. :D:D

Lisa

Lisa - and anyone else recently off the Legend...

Just got cruise docs that say no non alcoholic beverages allowed to be brought on board.

On 30 plus cruises, I have never not been able to carry on a 12 pack of soda and a few bottles of water.

I am just returning to RCCL after a 5 year boycott (long story), please tell me this is a CYA statement, and not enforced.

I can see them being fussy on a bigger, more party prone ship, and I understand the no booze thing, but soda? Say it ain't so.....

Thanks

Just got cruise docs that say no non alcoholic beverages allowed to be brought on board.

On 30 plus cruises, I have never not been able to carry on a 12 pack of soda and a few bottles of water.

I am just returning to RCCL after a 5 year boycott (long story), please tell me this is a CYA statement, and not enforced.

I can see them being fussy on a bigger, more party prone ship, and I understand the no booze thing, but soda? Say it ain't so.....

Thanks

I know that some of our fellow cruisers brought water and soda onboard, so I think it's CYA. Walt was schlepping my wine, my rolling carryon, and my backpack along with his, so I was not about to ask him to carry a case of water too. :eek:

Lisa

Thanks

Not only did I bring 2 6-packs of sodium-free club soda on board without any problem, I stocked up in Bonaire with no issues at all. In both cases, the plastic bottles were in my carry-on backpack. At check-in, security shook the bottles and checked the seals but had no problem with me bringing them through.

Thanks

We were on the same cruise with Lisa. We had a small bag that had nothing but water in it that we checked. It got through fine. We did the same thing on the Freedom cruise right after the Legend cruise and had no problem there either. These were from two different ports (Everglades and then Canaveral). The small extra bag came in handy getting off the ship to take back items we bought in port. :D

We were on the same cruise with Lisa. We had a small bag that had nothing but water in it that we checked. It got through fine. We did the same thing on the Freedom cruise right after the Legend cruise and had no problem there either. These were from two different ports (Everglades and then Canaveral). The small extra bag came in handy getting off the ship to take back items we bought in port. :D

We brought on 2 one liter bottles of coke. The customs scan took our bag aside and removed the three bottles of wine. You get two per week. I have the documentation. So they did try to hold one of my wine bottles, but I told them I was B2B and showed the letter from RCCL, and they let me proceed. with all three bottles. Never a mention of the coke. Customs does not care about coke a cola, or water. Just alcohol as instructed by RCCL. Never had water or coke removed, even when coming back on ship from an island. H

Lisa and Harry: Not sure if you got or saw the Cruise in Review from the cruise. I posted a faily acceptable 6 minute version of it from the last night on the regular roll call and I think UI remember you being in it. There are other port and ship videos there now and more to come. This is only mention of it here.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
Britty: we are on the Legend with Lisa but since you are doing Panama Canal I highly recommend that you check out this review (Url in a momrent). The guy (Rich) did the Canal in November and his wife joined him in FLL for the So Carib. He put together a great 46 minute Youtube with great soundtrack. Really gave me the feeling. I ended up contacing him (we seem to have similar interests) and give me a good feeling for the ship. Here is link to his November review with the URL for the You Tube.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=247614

Okay, all packed - 48.6 pounds (that the suitcase, not me :D) Will make dinner soon then off to bed and to Airport at 6am

Steve

Here's the YouTube link (one with music) from the review for those who might have problems copying and pasting into a browser:

Richtubes4u 1/6/2014

:):):):)

Thanks for taking us along! Your looking great and love the blonde hair. I'll be watching for pictures of all your lovely dresses!

Hugs

Kim & Larry

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Isn't that red hair for the RedHeadTexan? :):):):)

Thanks for taking us along! Your looking great and love the blonde hair. I'll be watching for pictures of all your lovely dresses!

Hugs

Kim & Larry

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Isn't that red hair for the RedHeadTexan? ...and you were definitely right about the looking great part. :):):):)

How does one pull up photobucket?

Also, after you have clicked on one of her photos in this thread...above on the right top of the resulting photo in photobucket...there will be a previous and a next and in between both of those will be a block of 9 smaller blocks (3x3)...click that and it will take you to the whole album...and on the left of the whole album will be the name of any other of her albums. :):):):)

Edited by cruiseclues

Thanks Lisa. My DW is on WW too. Nice to know they have healthy foods available.

The Park Cafe is on most of the RCI cruise ships now...they're not just healthy foods but very tasty as well...a fantastic addition to RCI cruise ships. :):):):)