Tranprtation from POM to Ft Lauderdale Beach Hotel

luv2trvlnow

We will be going on a cruise that ends in Miami but did not start there. We are trying to figure out transportation from POM to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort.

I read somewhere on here that SAS only goes from the POM to the FFL airport. Is this true? If we could use SAS to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina we could take a tax the rest of the way.

Anybody have some suggestions? There are only 2 of us. I have checked a car rental but it seems to be $80 and up for a 1 day rental.

Sharon

Sharon,

Have exactly the same issue. Will be staying at H-FLB for one night post cruise. I have talked with both SAS and MJS. They both said on cruise days they will only go to FLL airport. Both suggested to take taxi from airport to hotel. I will post further here if I find anything different.

Dave

We are in the same boat as well. We are flying into Miami the day before our cruise and have yet to figure out the cheapest way to get from Miami to Fort Lauderdale with the least amount of hassle. We looked into a rental car so we may just go that route. Much cheaper than the taxi.

We are in the same boat as well. We are flying into Miami the day before our cruise and have yet to figure out the cheapest way to get from Miami to Fort Lauderdale with the least amount of hassle. We looked into a rental car so we may just go that route. Much cheaper than the taxi.

Cheapest way from MIA to FLL is to ride the Tri-Rail trian from the MIA station to the FLL station and then cab or shuttle to your hotel. Tri-Rail will cost you under $5 each.

Cheapest way from MIA to FLL is to ride the Tri-Rail trian from the MIA station to the FLL station and then cab or shuttle to your hotel. Tri-Rail will cost you under $5 each.

I don't know how cheap this would be after paying for a taxi or shuttle to MIA station and then taxi from FLL Station. It might save a little but also might take a lot of time.

I am thinking that we just might use SAS or MJS to the FLL airport and then a taxi to the hotel. Shuttle for 2 - $30. Taxi to Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort could be $35 according to the hotels website. I'll let you know if I find a solution to this.

Sharon

Just curious, but why would anyone want to take the tri rail after a cruise? People spend thousands of dollars on a cruise, and hundreds of dollars on tips, and then end it with a rail service? I wouldn't do it, but it is their choice.:)

Tri Rail is at MIA and offers a free shuttle from the FLL station to the FLL airport -- or you can catch a cab at the station; your only costs will be the train fare and the cab to your hotel.

And how do I get to the Tri Rail in MIA (I assume this is the airport) from the Port of Miami? I would assume there should be a cost to get there. If this is the case, it would taxi-Tri Rail-Taxi. And this involves 3 transfers of our luggage.

Sharon

And how do I get to the Tri Rail in MIA (I assume this is the airport) from the Port of Miami? I would assume there should be a cost to get there. If this is the case, it would taxi-Tri Rail-Taxi. And this involves 3 transfers of our luggage.

Sharon

If you are coming from POM (unlike the other poster who was asking about transportation from the MIA airport) then Tri-Rail is not a good option for you; your best bet is either a one way rental car (both Hertz and Avis have downtown Miami locations close to POM) or a shared shuttle to FLL (depending upon your hotel location, some will drop you there). Good luck! :)

Edited by JohninDC