Help finding my OBC

sjgertz

Hi All,

We leave later this week and I am looking for some documentation (that I can print out and have evidence of) that I have OBC. It was all gifted by TA - but at different times with different promotions and when I asked her where I might "see" it see said it was on my online check-in. I cannot find it anywhere. The stock credit is separate. Thanks

Shira

Hi All,

We leave later this week and I am looking for some documentation (that I can print out and have evidence of) that I have OBC. It was all gifted by TA - but at different times with different promotions and when I asked her where I might "see" it see said it was on my online check-in. I cannot find it anywhere. The stock credit is separate. Thanks

Shira

I don't recall any $$$ listed on my online check-in process. In fact, I'm pretty sure your TA is wrong about that. I would ask her for a printed copy to carry with you. I always find my OBC's (including my stock OBC) when I go into HAL website, like this:

• "my account"
  • "my reservations"
  • "make/view online payment"
Edited by Linda&Vern

You won't find it anywhere if you booked with a TA. Mine notes it on the invoice, which I take with me just in case. And I track any OBCs that I purchase myself beforehand, or any gifted to me (my daughter buys us OBCs for our cruises as birthday gifts) to make sure they are credited to my onboard account.

She should be able to give you an updated copy of your booking which will include all payments and all credits to your account. Those credits should show each of your OBCs.

Definitely ask for the information in writing so that you have proof if your on-board account doesn't show the credit. It is a lot more difficult to correct the final account after the fact.

On my last cruise I knew I had a lot of OBC. I went to the desk and asked if they could tell where my OBC was from. They couldn't. I knew I had OBC from HAL, my TA, FCC and Stock credit. I had much more credit than I thought I did I just couldn't figure out where it all came from. This was a good problem but I would have liked for them to be able to account for it.

I agree about having your TA give you a printout before you leave for the cruise.

When you get on the ship, go to the Front Desk and confirm all of the OBC--on a date and time when the offices in Seattle are open and well before the end of the cruise.

I didn't do this on our last cruise and straightening it out on your own after the fact with Seattle is a real PITA.

If your TA has gifted it to you, there will be a card in your cabin informing you of the gift.

You can also call, the front desk and ask them to check your onboard account. It will show up there.

We have never a card in our cabin for our TA OBC - only with wine or a PG dinner. Never with the OBC.

Yeah, there is no make/view payment tab; that is what I thought. It isn't on the invoice the TA has sent me either...Hopefully she will send me an updated one tomorrow. I booked with her instead of our usual internet method as she offered me the same price and extra OBC so it seemed like a no loose situation. We will see if I ever book with her again...