Help! Valor-Stay with aft or switch to suite?

Cruisen with six

As of now, I have the wrap around aft on the Empress level (7th floor-7440) booked, but I'm 2nd guessing myself. I will be sailing for my honeymoon this summer, and my fiance is 6'4" and a large build. Will the queen bed be large enough for us? Some sites say that it is a queen in our stateroom while others say a king. I have always wanted to stay in an aft room, but the suites look very nice too. It looks like the beds are larger in the suites.We could afford the cheapest suite, but probably not the larger ones. Any advice?

Stick with the aft wrap. All of the beds are the same size, they are just not consistent with the cabin descriptions. My husband and I sleep in a king sized bed and I can't tell any difference when on the ships no matter what category cabin we are in.

If you had a choice between aft wrap around on deck 6 or 7, which would you choose. The balcony looks nicer on 6, but I know there is noise on deck 5. It does look like a "space" right below the room though. Deck 7 is starboard and deck 6 is port. Thanks

If you had a choice between aft wrap around on deck 6 or 7, which would you choose. The balcony looks nicer on 6, but I know there is noise on deck 5. It does look like a "space" right below the room though. Deck 7 is starboard and deck 6 is port. Thanks

I would pick 7 unless you really don't mind the noise that you might have on deck 6. I always like to have cabins above/below me if possible.

I always try to pick a cabin with rooms above and below me as well. It just seemed like the configuration of the balcony on 6 was better. I have never sailed Carnival and so I'm trying to decide between Valor and RCCL Navigator. I have only sailed RCCL, but this seemed like a good deal on a nice room. Like I said, I am clueless about what Carnival offers. Thanks for your opinion!

Had aft wrap 6452 on valor in November 2013 and didn't hear anything from the 5th floor. The main noise we had was from kids in a nearby room sitting on floor in hallway for hours on end, just for 1 night then they found a new location to hang out. Also when docking you will always hear / feel vibrations. The TV rattled like crazy during this time.

We had 2 loungers, 4 chairs, 1 chair recliner and 2 tables on this balcony. It was absolutely huge! There is a "dip" in the decking and water would stay on the balcony after it rained. It would dry up in the sun but if shady it stays there for a long time. Didn't have an impact on our vacation, just step over the puddle!

If you decide to book it, you will love it. Have now sailed in 2 aft wraps after booking the first one. So hard to go back to regular one.

Have my first interior room booked in the last 6 cruises, and if the breeze wasn't so expensive I'd have one then too.

samm116, thanks for your comments and your experience in this cabin. That helps with my decision. The option is a wraparound on each deck which are still available. It just seemed deck 6 had a wider, more aft facing balcony. I'm happy to hear you didn't have a noise issue from deck 5. I understand, the noise when docking. That is something to consider

samm116, thanks for your comments and your experience in this cabin. That helps with my decision. The option is a wraparound on each deck which are still available. It just seemed deck 6 had a wider, more aft facing balcony. I'm happy to hear you didn't have a noise issue from deck 5. I understand, the noise when docking. That is something to consider

You'll get noise and vibrations in the aft on any ship. I was on Carnival Victory aft-wrap, starboard side on deck 6 and it vibrated just as much as my deck 12 aft-facing NCL Breakaway cabin.

On that note, don't be afraid to book deck 6 aft. A lot of people will come on here and say that deck 6 gets alot of noise from the deck 5 comedy/karaoke/dance club but that is not true for the starboard side. From mid-ship around to port side on deck 6, everyone complained about noise from below into the wee hours of the morning, but we heard nothing on starboard side. I only mention that because deck 6 starboard has the largest and widest aft wrap, with deck views of aft, corner and side of the ship. Deck 7 is just corner and side and deck 8 is aft and corner.

Thanks for that info, very helpful! I understand the noise issue of starboard vs port, but wouldn't the cabin size and balcony on each side be the same configuration. Starboard is not an option, but Samm said they had stayed port side and didn't have a noise issue.

Thanks for that info, very helpful! I understand the noise issue of starboard vs port, but wouldn't the cabin size and balcony on each side be the same configuration. Starboard is not an option, but Samm said they had stayed port side and didn't have a noise issue.

We did the valor trip out of San Juan. Very port intensive, we were not out late (10-11pm max) due to this fact and I'm a fairly light sleeper, had zero issues with noise below. I woke up to rain, and kids in hallway, but didn't hear a peep from below.