Do you feel the motion of the boat more in front of the ship? Carnival magic

rosarodriguez

We were on the Magics sister ship the Dream last year. We couldn't pass up a great deal on deck 12 with the spa across the hallway from our cabin. But it was very far forward and up high. I worried about feeling movement being so high up and forward but we hardly noticed a thing. I think it's because of the size of these ships. The are so huge and heavy that they don't really rock much at all. A smaller ship might be a different story but the Dream class ships are massive. If you're looking at a great deal that's forward I would say go for it.

They do feel motion, but it is more of a soothing consistent motion to me. I love those porthole rooms! I don't really like the aft cabins as much. It seems to have more inconsistent noises and odd motions/rattles. In the porthole rooms, I can hear the sound of the waves hitting the front of the ship, which I also found to be a very soothing noise. The only exceptions is when coming into or leaving port (when I'm not wanting to sleep anyway), when there will be some inconsistent noises in the front. I much prefer being forward to the aft.

We have had forward cabins on our 3 cruises on the Magic up on decks 11 and 12. We never had any issues with motion.

Just had an aft facing suite on the Caribbean Princess on their deck 12 and it was like an amusement park ride back there.

One thing to keep in mind that anyone who gets motion sickness gets it differently and it is important to know what affects you. I cannot have a cabin in the front of the ship as the up/down motion there greatly impacts me. However, the back of the cabin with its more side to side motion is not nearly as bad. I always try to get a cabin in the middle of the ship as that impacts me the least. So I would know your body and know what your triggers are.

Enjoy your cruise!

Just got off the Magic. I found that the AFT had waaaay more movement than the front. I had a midship room, something I'd never had before because I prefer the front but I didn't notice a difference in front and midship. Just stay away from the back UGH, it was awful. Never felt so much as I did on Magic haha. Still had a great trip though!

I think it is subjective.

I can't have any aft rooms as i always get motion sickness. I have no issues with forward rooms.

I agree with you. We had a mid ship cabin on our first cruise, ...no issues.

We had a cabin on deck 6, very front of ship on Magic. There was some movement, but not bad. Last week, we had a cabin in the very back on Triumph on deck 8, and I was nauseous every day. I never threw up, but I wore my Sea Bands and put drops behind my ears. I won't ever book an aft cabin again. :eek:

I think it is subjective.

I can't have any aft rooms as i always get motion sickness. I have no issues with forward rooms.

I think this is correct:)

You can get motion sickness anywhere on a ship and at any time.

If the sea is high and rough it makes no difference where you are its a modern cruise ship built for passenger comfort and if its rough enough to get sick then you might.

I always say that if high and forward is the worst place as most profess and low midship is the best place as most profess then why do all those paying the most money for Suites get the worst spot on the ship almost every time:D

I think this is correct:)

You can get motion sickness anywhere on a ship and at any time.

If the sea is high and rough it makes no difference where you are its a modern cruise ship built for passenger comfort and if its rough enough to get sick then you might.

I always say that if high and forward is the worst place as most profess and low midship is the best place as most profess then why do all those paying the most money for Suites get the worst spot on the ship almost every time:D

Chuckles..I often notice that..or the suites sometimes being under more activity..have to watch your choices like a hawk..LOL...

Wow on ciggy savings..congrats..never have been to Aussie land but sister in her free years and her daughter and my dad on a high school chaperone deal with an added personal excursion both had the time of their lives, Perth holds a special spot in their hearts..Sarah

Sarah

Edited by sjn911