Freedom of the Seas eating places

beshears

Yes, you have to pay at both Ben & Jerry's and Johnny Rockets. Ben & Jerry's is a la carte, based on menu pricing. I'm not sure exactly, but I think you can get a basic ice cream for about $3 and then prices go up for sundaes, milkshakes, etc.

Johnny Rockets has a $4.95 cover per person which includes all FOOD items. Drinks, including milkshakes, are additional. Milkshakes are about $5 each, including the 15% tip. IF you go in for JUST milkshakes (or other beverages) you will not be charged $4.95 in addition to the cost of the milkshake.

Also, if you are already a C&A member (gold or above), there should be a coupon for a BOGO milkshake at Johnny Rockets.

At no additional charge there is Sorrentos (pizza and desserts).

Yes, you have to pay at both Ben & Jerry's and Johnny Rockets. Ben & Jerry's is a la carte, based on menu pricing. I'm not sure exactly, but I think you can get a basic ice cream for about $3 and then prices go up for sundaes, milkshakes, etc.

Johnny Rockets has a $4.95 cover per person which includes all FOOD items. Drinks, including milkshakes, are additional. Milkshakes are about $5 each, including the 15% tip. IF you go in for JUST milkshakes (or other beverages) you will not be charged $4.95 in addition to the cost of the milkshake.

Also, if you are already a C&A member (gold or above), there should be a coupon for a BOGO milkshake at Johnny Rockets.

At no additional charge there is Sorrentos (pizza and desserts).

Also remember you can get the milkshakes to go even with the BOGO coupon.

Does Sorrento's cost or is it free like the Sea View Cafe on the Radiance class? From what I can see is it's free, but just want to make sure.

Sorrento's and Cafe Promenade are complimentary.

Thanks for getting back with me, and letting me know about Ben & Jerry's.

I have a couple questions since I haven't been on RCCL for many a year.

Sorrentos and Cafe Promenade were mentioned. I believe one of them serve pizza, and all cruise ships I have been on, the pizza was free. Now my question, what food does Sorrentos serve? What food does Cafe Promenade serve?

Thanks for getting back with me, and letting me know about Ben & Jerry's.

I have a couple questions since I haven't been on RCCL for many a year.

Sorrentos and Cafe Promenade were mentioned. I believe one of them serve pizza, and all cruise ships I have been on, the pizza was free. Now my question, what food does Sorrentos serve? What food does Cafe Promenade serve?

Cafe Promenade serves small sandwiches, cookies, desserts, fruit. I've seen panini there on some ships. Sorrento's serves pizza slices and whole pizza's. Maybe salads too, but not sure.

The Sorrento's on Freedom (I've read it varies from ship to ship, so this only applies to Freedom) will have about 3 pizzas to choose from daily. Pepperoni is always an option and then there will be a few specialty types. There will also be a "Pannini of the day" that will vary. One of the best kept secrets about the Sorrento's on Freedom is they have an assortment of little dessert cups each day....mixed fruit, white chocolate mouse with berries, chocolate mousse, tiramisu, key lime, etc. They rotate them throughout the week, so check to see what is available each day. It's often a perfect little snack to grab on your way to wherever you're headed. We personally think they are better than the cookies in the Cafe Promenade.

my wife and i sailed on the allure in 2012 and Johnny Rockets breakfast was free did they change that

Johnny Rockets breakfast is still free on Oasis and Allure.

However, Johnny Rockets is not open for breakfast on any of the other ships.

Johnny Rockets breakfast is still free on Oasis and Allure.

However, Johnny Rockets is not open for breakfast on any of the other ships.

I for one wish the JR's on other ships would offer breakfast too.

Thank you "everyone" for getting back with me on my questions. As you can see I have some more. :)

Sorrentos sounds pretty good with the cups when you mentioned the white chocolate mouse. Then Cafe Promenade has cookies, right up my alley.

As I said I have not cruise RCCL for many years. I have done quite a bit of Carnival, and their rooms seems to be a tad larger than RCCL. Would you give me your pros/cons if you stayed in an inner or oceanview room?

I understand there is a Windjammer cafe also that is free? If so, what does it serve?

Other than comedy shows, what shows would you recommend we see? We like just about anything, as long as it is not vulgur.

Thank you for helping me with my questions. Now I have another one.

To "us" the Freedom of the Seas is a very expensive ship, compared to what we have been doing these past years. We are thinking of doing the Navigator of the Seas, and probably not as "fancy", etc. as the Freedom, but if you have been on it, did you like it?