unspent OBC

stevet2607

Unspent OBC ? Is there such a thing? Vino, Shorex, Speciality Restaurants. Spend it all, it is not real coin of the realm, merely Carnival Corporation monopoly money, think of it as a gift from the US of A.

Edited by NSWP

We had loads on one cruise ( we thought we had 400 per adult but they gave us 400 per person and we had 2 kids with us - result! ) we bought a nice picture for one of the kid's rooms. Seeing the first child went free we were very very happy with the deal!( but I think it was a carnival c*ck up really - in a good way ;) )

Yes I looked at the title of the thread and thought, "I do not understand this" on our last cruise we near £1500 OBC for 25 nights to the US. I think it lasted until we left Prince Edward Island. :).

I don't know how you British cruisers get OBC on P&O UK. £1500 for 25 day cruise, unreal ! Two years ago we did 49 days on Arcadia, Sydney-Southampton, no OBC and this April again on Arcadia, 18 day Med cruise, no OBC forthcoming. Perhaps P&O UK don't like Colonials.

Edited by NSWP

I don't know how you British cruisers get OBC on P&O UK. £1500 for 25 day cruise, unreal ! Two years ago we did 49 days on Arcadia, Sydney-Southampton, no OBC and this April again on Arcadia, 18 day Med cruise, no OBC forthcoming. Perhaps P&O UK don't like Colonials.

Buy shares old boy, buy future cruise credits. Be lucky. Most of it came from the change in pricing to Vantage.

Think you pay a lot less for your cruises with P&O UK if booked in Australia so swings and roundabouts really. We too can book late deals with no OBC.

I saw that someone who booked a world sector in Australia paid £3K for 59 nights including flight from Australia to join in Southampton and cruise back to Australia and we would pay well over double for that and never get offered a deal like that.

Think you pay a lot less for your cruises with P&O UK if booked in Australia so swings and roundabouts really. We too can book late deals with no OBC.

I saw that someone who booked a world sector in Australia paid £3K for 59 nights including flight from Australia to join in Southampton and cruise back to Australia and we would pay well over double for that and never get offered a deal like that.

Yes, there are some good deals through Australian Cruise Agents on World Cruise sectors, like in 2012 on Arcadia, 49 days -Sydney to Southampton, AU$5300 (£2800) each for outside cabin, not including air back.

But on a normal P&O cruise, i.e. like the Med on Arcadia on 13 April, we paid around the same price as the Brits I think, AU$2400 (£1270) each for NA grade OS Cabin. No OBC, booked it 6 months ago so what was that a Vantage fare?

Edited by NSWP

Yes, there are some good deals through Australian Cruise Agents on World Cruise sectors, like in 2012 on Arcadia, 49 days -Sydney to Southampton, AU$5300 (£2800) each for outside cabin, not including air back.

But on a normal P&O cruise, i.e. like the Med on Arcadia on 13 April, we paid around the same price as the Brits I think, AU$2400 (£1270) each for NA grade OS Cabin. No OBC, booked it 6 months ago so what was that a Vantage fare?

They always say book early when the cruises are first on sale (usually some deals around) or book late when the unsold cabins are cheap to sell, never book in the middle, when it will always be expensive.

That does not always work now though. The cruise we are on with you-booked that early, got obs ,choice of cabin etc. ,then earlier on this year they brought out the extra obs spend deal. Not sure of the way round that.

I would say keep an eye on when the early booking deals are coming to an end....decide if its worth it to you to book at that price, if not wait until a better deal comes along. (as it surely will) failing that wait for the very cheap deals, but then not sure where you could end up.

I would guess that was a vantage fare you booked, that is now a select fare.

did you book through a TA or direct with Pando. A TA may be able to give you OBS for booking via them.