Beverage package, is it worth it?

molly5673

Word of caution though, don't buy the packages just if you want specialty coffee/tea, because depending on your ship, said coffee/tea might not even exist. As I understand, Starbucks isn't included in the packages, and that was the only "specialty" coffee/tea available at the Jewel, that I saw.

Select Starbucks beverages at Cafe Promenade were included in my beverage package onboard Navigator but the actual Starbucks stores onboard select ships are probably not included.

I am doing the Royal Replenish again mainly for the coffees and bottled water. With that being said, what type of specialty coffees are served at Cafe Latte-Tudes?

From what I understand the specialty coffees in the MDR are not included. At least that is what our waiter told us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This is where Disney really excels. It was awful nice to A) have cokes included on the ship for no extra charge, and B) go to the Publix liquor store in Cocoa and pick up 2 bottles of rum for $25 and carry it right on the ship...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After doing some math and figuring what we have spent on past cruises my friend and I have purchased the Premium package. I am quite sure we will get our money's worth and it will be nice not having the bill at the end and wondering how much it is going to be.

This is where Disney really excels. It was awful nice to A) have cokes included on the ship for no extra charge, and B) go to the Publix liquor store in Cocoa and pick up 2 bottles of rum for $25 and carry it right on the ship...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes it's very nice, but last time we went it was also significantly more expensive than RCCL. There's no free lunch. Or alcohol.

Select Starbucks beverages at Cafe Promenade were included in my beverage package onboard Navigator but the actual Starbucks stores onboard select ships are probably not included.

I am doing the Royal Replenish again mainly for the coffees and bottled water. With that being said, what type of specialty coffees are served at Cafe Latte-Tudes?

We got lattes, mochas, and one day a frappucino from Latte-tudes on Freedom with Replenish.

Do u have to use the coco cola refills cup?? Can they give u a normal plastic cup? I don't like drinking from the refills cup!!

You only need the cup to use the Freestyle machine. You can get soda in a normal plastic cup from any bar. However, you will be limited to the half-dozen or so flavors they have at the bar.

Edited by clarea

Hi nmuller, I asked a similar question in the past and never really got a definitive answer. I was going to email RCCL and ask but haven't gotten around to it yet as I don't sail for a couple of months but you might want to try that. If nothing else, if they say yes it might be useful to have it in writing in case they're not sure themselves on board (I've heard there are a few teething problems with the new packages still while crew get to grips with them).

If you do find out, let us know :)

OK sent an email- no response to date- so I called today- and the Rep was on the same page- is it a coffee or is it a drink. She spoke with a Supervisor- and it's both-

"Per your inquiry, I was informed that coffee which includes alcohol is considered both a Specialty Coffee and an alcoholic drink so the Ultimate package would cover it. "

She did suggest that you could purchase the premium package & then check once aboard- if it's covered then you are good if not then you could upgrade. Still haven't made up my mind yet- may try out one of the coffees first to see if I would be worth it.

I noticed that the link is a for the Auzzie site- are the drinks prices different- when I spoke today with US RCL- she still quoted the $10/$12 price limits

Nancy

Last time we cruised using the package, in the MDR, I ordered a regular coffee and a an after dinner drink of Bailey's and it was no charge. and we had the Premium package, not the Ultimate.

Last time we cruised using the package, in the MDR, I ordered a regular coffee and a an after dinner drink of Bailey's and it was no charge. and we had the Premium package, not the Ultimate.

Understand I can get a regular coffee & add a shot on my own. There are several alcohol coffee drinks- at least I've seen a menu for the Donut Shop on the Oasis that has Bourbon Mint Mocha, Irish Coffee to name 2 - that I was wondering if they would be covered under the Premium package. Since they have alcohol & a shot of espresso they are considered a specialty coffee & alcohol drink & is only covered under the Ultimate package.

N

I noticed that the link is a for the Auzzie site- are the drinks prices different- when I spoke today with US RCL- she still quoted the $10/$12 price limits

The link is to the Australian site, but the prices are clearly quoted in US$. I bookmarked the link, and more importantly printed it to a PDF file that I'll print and take with me when preparing for the next cruise. I'm sure with the printout I can make sure they allow us the higher limits.

The link is to the Australian site, but the prices are clearly quoted in US$. I bookmarked the link, and more importantly printed it to a PDF file that I'll print and take with me when preparing for the next cruise. I'm sure with the printout I can make sure they allow us the higher limits.

Strange, I looked around a bit more on that Aussie site, and sure enough, they are specifically giving the Aussie's (and Europeans & South Americans) a better deal! :(:confused:

Q: What wines are included in the all-inclusive beverage packages? s.gif A: All wines by the glass up to a US$8 value* are included in the select package. All wines by the glass up to a US$12 value* are included in the Premium and Ultimate packages. Guests also receive 20% off bottles of wine with the Select, Premium and Ultimate package.

*$US$9 value for select and US$14 value for Premium/Ultimate in Europe, Sth America and Australian markets.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=5932&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Drink&faqType=faq

OK sent an email- no response to date- so I called today- and the Rep was on the same page- is it a coffee or is it a drink. She spoke with a Supervisor- and it's both-

"Per your inquiry, I was informed that coffee which includes alcohol is considered both a Specialty Coffee and an alcoholic drink so the Ultimate package would cover it. "

She did suggest that you could purchase the premium package & then check once aboard- if it's covered then you are good if not then you could upgrade. Still haven't made up my mind yet- may try out one of the coffees first to see if I would be worth it.

Soooo, the Premium package should be fine...but we'll need to find out on board as it might not be - sounds like they know as much as us, LOL.

Thanks for the update Nancy! If you do happen to remember to come back to this thread after your cruise with an update of what actually happened that would be awesome - and good luck hehe.

Edited by UKcruisefan69

Strange, I looked around a bit more on that Aussie site, and sure enough, they are specifically giving the Aussie's (and Europeans & South Americans) a better deal! :(:confused:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=5932&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Drink&faqType=faq

It has always been higher limits on cruises feom Australia. This may be due to the fact that all prices on an Australian cruise must by law include tax. So if you open a menu and a drink is listed at $10 that includes the tax. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think on US cruises tax is added later in addition to the listed price.

I remember these different prices being announced when they launched the new packages and I always assumed that tax was the reason.

Could be the 15% tip is already factored in.....

The 10.00 drink limit after 15% tip is 11.50 and the the 12.00 limit after 15% is 13.80, when rounded up that equals the 12.00 and 14.00 limits that were mentioned on the Aussie site. If the tip is already factored into the pricing structure for those paying a la carte prices, then that could be the reason that the 10 and 12 dollar limits on the US site are mentioned as 12 and 14 dollar limits on the Aussie site.

Just a thought.

We just stick to the soda package.

We enjoy a few drinks before dinner in the CL

If we want a drink at dinner or a show we just buy it. Most of the time we dont.

Between the two of us our booze purchase has always been less than $100 dollars for the whole cruise.

Sea Ya

See, Sue, that's how I am. I drink more than you, but not that much. My total bar tab for a 7 night cruise runs around $150 (which includes adding an additional tip, sometimes). I also go to the Diamond Lounge, so that would "cut into" the package also. Man, where was this deal when I first started cruising and rank like a fish?:eek: Oh well:D. Whatever anyone decides to do, remember drink responsibly, you'll never know when the Captain will ask you to commandeer the ship;)

Edited by onyourtoes

We are from Australia and we have purchased an ultimate drink package for our upcoming cruise and gratuities are included in the price. I thought it was the same for everyone though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I cruise in August and I'm a little worried that they won't keep the deal going where it does not have to apply to the entire cabin. Hubby doesn't drink much. Should I buy it now or do you think it's no purpose in buying so early?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Edited by mrlddst

I cruise in August and I'm a little worried that they won't keep the deal going where it does not have to apply to the entire cabin. Hubby doesn't drink much. Should I buy it now or do you think it's no purpose in buying so early?

Buy now if it will take one more detail off your mind, but I'd have no problem waiting.

Is there any advantage to purchasing ahead of time vs after boarding?

With the Soda Package

Ordering this package before hand:

ONE the Soda cup will be waiting for you in your room. Two the Written Coca-Cola Logo will be part of yor SeaPass card, no worries about a sticker comming off your card. Three you will be able to get Soda at lunch in the WindJammer on Boarding day without having to line up to order the Package.

We're not given a better deal. Our limit for wine and cocktails under the packages IS higher, but that is because the prices for each drink is that much higher too. I've read stories from those doing B2B on a ship that is repositioning to Australia and once here the menus all get changed over and all of a sudden everything costs so much more.

We pay more for our cruises, don't get OBC or prepaid gratuities deals like you guys do, our travel agents don't give any bonuses, we have different final payment dates (meaning loss of deposit if the cruise is cancelled), and we don't get nearly as many of the specials you guys do.

Living on the butt of the world has some disadvantages sometimes...

Edited by Yillup

We're not given a better deal. Our limit for wine and cocktails under the packages IS higher, but that is because the prices for each drink is that much higher too. I've read stories from those doing B2B on a ship that is repositioning to Australia and once here the menus all get changed over and all of a sudden everything costs so much more.

We pay more for our cruises, don't get OBC or prepaid gratuities deals like you guys do, our travel agents don't give any bonuses, we have different final payment dates (meaning loss of deposit if the cruise is cancelled), and we don't get nearly as many of the specials you guys do.

Living on the butt of the world has some disadvantages sometimes...

Ah butt it's an oarsome place to live!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app