Will the Super Bowl be shown on ship?

dcsam

Woo- Hoo! Go Seahawks!!!! Shhhhhh..... Don't tell my husband, but I might just join in the festivities for this game. He is hoping we'll be able to watch the game onboard during our upcoming Sea of Cortez cruise. What are the chances?

Caroline

WA State

Woo- Hoo! Go Seahawks!!!! Shhhhhh..... Don't tell my husband, but I might just join in the festivities for this game. He is hoping we'll be able to watch the game onboard during our upcoming Sea of Cortez cruise. What are the chances?

Caroline

WA State

As a WA native, I almost had heart failure, but they pulled it out with a little help! We saw the SB last year on the Journey in Hong Kong, so you should get to see it if the satellite link works....should be no problem in Mexico. Go Seahawks!:D

Sooo I wonder if I am being totally greedy after reading that there is an actual sports channel on the ship but is there ANY chance of getting hockey updates? Obviously, Im Canadian and would love to be able to check in on my favourite sport without having to log into my internet minutes!

Thanks for any info.

Chass

Sooo I wonder if I am being totally greedy after reading that there is an actual sports channel on the ship but is there ANY chance of getting hockey updates? Obviously, Im Canadian and would love to be able to check in on my favourite sport without having to log into my internet minutes!

Thanks for any info.

Chass

They showed a variety of things. Came across basketball (college and pro), and soccer. I don't recall hockey specifically, but we didn't watch it much.

There is a daily newsletter, and the US and Canada versions give hockey scores.

Edited by azevedan

Depending on what area you'll be in (the caveat) the Quest has gone all out for the last 2 weekends of playoff games. Last Sunday the used the main theatre and had a rather good tail gate food and beverage buffet available, including hot dogs ans sliders. They used the ESPN South America feed for the games, although a different network provided the feed.

ESPN worldwide is available in your stateroom and the daily newspaper does report hockey and basketball scores.

We were on the Quest a few years ago sailing out of Hong Kong and we all woke up at 6:00 am to watch the Super Bowl. They had a great party for all that wanted to participate. The Cabaret Lounge was decorated in both team's colors. They also had a great breakfast buffet and the Officers were making Omletts.

On Quest in Vietnam we had a morning party also watched it on Journey day after coming through the Panama Canal in 2011 as I recall I had to say go steelers not that I understood if I was encouraging thieves or whatever. Each time great decorations and food served

I remember exchanges with Bill last year,my first ever visit to the US was to San Francisco in 1995. I had no idea what the Super Bowl was or who a 49 was, I was only in the US for four days but boy did I learn fast and experience a ticket tape street party - what a night that was. I know Bill so much hoped for a victory last year, wonder who he is cheering on up there this year

I have heard they are showing the Superbowl (whatever that is!) and the World Cup, so happy days although I am not onboard for either event!

We are on board for the quarter-finals week of the World Cup (So England will be out by then...) but DH is trying to calculate the time difference between Brazil and Croatia...:rolleyes:

We are on board for the quarter-finals week of the World Cup (So England will be out by then...) but DH is trying to calculate the time difference between Brazil and Croatia...:rolleyes:

And if my DH gets up at an ungodly hour on that cruise to watch a game I demand Azamara finds a bespoke plank for him to walk