Returning guests

Cruzer2014

The short answer is, yes, it will go on your sail and sign card. Any credit that carnival owes you after the final payment is due will be credited to your account. This can be for a variety of reasons- if you have been awarded obc for a booking bonus, if you booked early saver and the price drops after the final payment is due, or if you have purchased carnival cash to spend on board.

This is our second cruise and I wanted to find out when and how we will get our $160.00 credit. Do they credit you when you get on the ship when you add your money to the Sign and Sail card?

Why are you getting a credit?

I'm platinum with Carnival & have bought OBC with my Carnival Mastercard (points that I've earned through purchases, bookings et al) but I've never gotten "points" from the cruiseline. Curious also.

I'm curious too! I'm hearing about a lot of folks being offered gift cards if cruise is paid with MasterCard, upgrades, etc. but somehow we are not qualifying because "each special is based on your VIFP number individually"...how is this decided and why isn't it being passed on to us too?

Excited for my 5th cruise in April on the Sunshine and would LOVE a little incentive for staying "Carnival Loyal"!

Serenity

There was a past promotion that I used in Jan 2012 if you set up your sign and sail with a MasterCard and it did not matter who issued it, Carnival gave you 50 in OBC it showed up 2 days before the cruise when I looked at my documents and it was applied and ready to use when I stepped on the ship. For the next cruise I got 160 in OBC as a shore excursion credit to be used again once on board.

Im talking about the VIFP club. Each time you cruise you earn points. Depending on how many points you have you earn special benefits.

For each day you cruise you earn 1 point. To see your benefits log into carnival and check your benefits. We were eligible for $160 on board credit to use as we may. My travel agent helped get our benefits added.

Im talking about the VIFP club. Each time you cruise you earn points. Depending on how many points you have you earn special benefits.

For each day you cruise you earn 1 point. To see your benefits log into carnival and check your benefits. We were eligible for $160 on board credit to use as we may. My travel agent helped get our benefits added.

They don't give you cash for how many points you have. You may have been able to book under a promotion that was for past guests and included $80pp. In fact, you more than likely booked when they were running the bar credit promotion. But Carnival does not just randomly issue OBC to you based upon how many points to have with them. I know this because I am Gold and have 37 VIFP points.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I do not doubt that you are eligible for the credit - but I do believe that you misunderstand why.

As others have said it was probably the $80/pp bar promotion. Carnival does not offer OBC based on points related to the days that you have sailed.

True....depending on your level - Blue, Red, Gold, Platinum and Diamond. Here is a link from carnival.com illustrating the VIFP benefits.

Please note there is nothing about OBC awarded at any level.

http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/benefits.aspx

Oh ok I see. Yeah she said we had the 160 OBC $80 per person that we could use where ever we decided to use it for. I'm still new to this so that is why I wanted to find out if they add that to the sign and sail card.

Thanks for the info

Oh ok I see. Yeah she said we had the 160 OBC $80 per person that we could use where ever we decided to use it for. I'm still new to this so that is why I wanted to find out if they add that to the sign and sail card.

Thanks for the info

Yep! The $80.00 will appear as a credit on your S&S account when you board. Enjoy!! ;)

Thanks for the info

You can also check your booking online to see if there is any OBC listed. We have the $80 bar credit and it is listed on our booking.

Not to disparage your TA but there have been numerous threads about OBC promised but never received. Try to get documentation prior to cruise and take it with you. Then check with guest services.

Thank you for the info. I did look at the boarding pass and it does have the OBC on there, BUT it says $160 Shore Excursion Non refundable! Does that mean the credit is ONLY for the excursions? The travel agent said we could use it towards grats or drinks etc. Now I am wondering if the info she gave us is incorrect.... sigh:confused:

Thank you for the info. I did look at the boarding pass and it does have the OBC on there, BUT it says $160 Shore Excursion Non refundable! Does that mean the credit is ONLY for the excursions? The travel agent said we could use it towards grats or drinks etc. Now I am wondering if the info she gave us is incorrect.... sigh:confused:

YIKES....it sounds like your credit IS linked to excursions. :/ You probably want to get that clarified before you board.

But - the non refundable part is pretty standard with all OBC. Its pretty much use it it lose it - no matter what kind if us.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

So I am curious, did your TA explain it to you this way? If so, I would drop him/her like a hot potato!

Since it says shore excursion, I think your TA somehow got you OBC under the new shore excursion gurantee program. Which is really unethical if you didn't qualify for the gurantee.