Deposit ?- Owe $500 after Open booking-JR Suite

czst17

RC gurus please help. I reserved an Oasis Junior Suite for Nov, 2014 last Sat pm. Had an open booking in my name and added hubby and paid $250 deposit for him. My Booking Confirmation and my online My Cruises say I owe a $500 deposit by 5pm Thurs 1/23. I called this am- 1st call agent put me on hold and I was disconnected. 2nd call another agent said Don't Worry- they know about it and it will be okay. I'm worried anyway. I have cruised several times with Royal, never a Jr Suite, but don't remember ever seeing this. Help please. Thanks

Future cruise certificates require the full normal amount of deposit for JS and higher, although you still only need one person reserved at the time of booking. $250 per person / $500 total (when both names are added) is correct for a JS.

This would be a major change. The full deposit has only been required for GS and higher. A JS should still only require $100pp deposit with a booking made on board the ship.

This would be a major change. The full deposit has only been required for GS and higher. A JS should still only require $100pp deposit with a booking made on board the ship.

I agree this is what I thought was the norm with a booking made onboard. That would be a big change.

Bob is correct! I have 7 JS bookings right now that say the same thing. I just ignore that additional deposit line because when you book on board the LA crosses it out.

Enjoy the reduced deposit! :)

You are correct again - good catch. Was reading and typing JS but thinking GS. Thanks and sorry to the OP for my confusion! :o

Edited by leaveitallbehind

You are correct again - good catch. Was reading and typing JS but thinking GS. Thanks and sorry to the OP for my confusion!

GS or above would require a double deposit. So for a 7 day cruise it would be $500pp.

Edited by cruisenfever

I'm surprised that you haven't seen it before - I have a couple of longer cruises booked that show a $450pp deposit due, but it's never been an issue. So don't worry, be happy!

My Cruises said I had some additional deposit due for our 2015 Next Cruise, JS booking on Jan. 1st of this year. I just ignored it....and our reservation/booking seems to be fine. :D:):D

I'm not quite clear on why the OP gave them a $250 deposit for the second person. For Junior Suites, the second person has always been a $100 when using a NC certificate, even for longer sailings.

Edited by Coralc

My Cruises said I had some additional deposit due for our 2015 Next Cruise, JS booking on Jan. 1st of this year. I just ignored it....and our reservation/booking seems to be fine. :D:):D

I'm not quite clear on why the OP gave them a $250 deposit for the second person. For Junior Suites, the second person has always been a $100 when using a NC certificate, even for longer sailings.

exactly it is only a $100 deposit for the other name in the cabin. We just did this .

Thanks all for the reassuring responses. As others have stated, I am somewhat appalled at a computer system that can't figure out if customers have paid properly- oh well.

As for the deposits, when I bought the Open booking the rep onboard Enchantment said to just purchase them in my name and "add hubby later" I bought 3 because I didn't have any and maybe that's why she suggested it. I have always paid $200 before and had in both names but that's why I had to pay his deposit.

Thanks again, can't wait for Oasis.

Thanks all for the reassuring responses. As others have stated, I am somewhat appalled at a computer system that can't figure out if customers have paid properly- oh well.

As for the deposits, when I bought the Open booking the rep onboard Enchantment said to just purchase them in my name and "add hubby later" I bought 3 because I didn't have any and maybe that's why she suggested it. I have always paid $200 before and had in both names but that's why I had to pay his deposit.

Thanks again, can't wait for Oasis.

The LA on Enchantment was correct. In the past when you created your NC booking you paid $200 because you had both of your names on the booking, thus $100pp. So I don't understand why you had to pay a $250 deposit when you converted your NC booking and added your husband's name

Since the NC bookings that you created on Enchantment only have your name on it, when you add your husband's name you should only have to pay an additional $100 with no further money due until final payment. If you book a GS or higher than your deposit will increase at the time of creation.