Freedom of the Seas Family Oceanview

A family we were traveling with had that cabin on our cruise last year. It is quite spacious and it served as our "get together" room. You will enjoy it. The only downfall is having to close the curtains at night.

Good to hear. Anyone have pictures of the family oceanview?

• 1 month later...

We had 6 people in that room 2 years ago, ages 16,16,19, 20, 47 and 48.

The 2 boys, (16 and 18) had the bunk area, and the 2 girls had the pull out couch and DH and I had the bedroom part. We had enough room, but the kids did not have enough room for all their stuff. We ended up with clothes everywhere! It was the biggest stateroom we had ever had. But, I found being at the very front of the ship, there was just a bit too much motion for me. We sailed the week after Sandy, and the high seas were almost too much for my Bonine to handle.

Hi

We have stayed in 3 of the oceanviews 9200, 8200 and 8500.

If you look on deck 8 8200 and 8500 are different to the other decks and bigger, they have a separate bedroom for the kingsize and also a separate bunk room plus a lounge area.

If you can get 8200 or 8500 don't hesitate.....there are 5 of us (3 kids) and what a difference it made to our holiday, extra space and more privacy!!

I've tried to attache some pics

20.jpg.a9ed0f5998437299fae85c4d548fe29f.jpg

19.jpg.4e63613b92e0060d82835936134add25.jpg

21.jpg.af7631a144923a64c25b36f122a49ede.jpg

Hi

If you look on deck 8 8200 and 8500 are different to the other decks and bigger, they have a separate bedroom for the kingsize and also a separate bunk room plus a lounge area.

If you can get 8200 or 8500 don't hesitate.....there are 5 of us (3 kids) and what a difference it made to our holiday, extra space and more privacy!!

I agree with trying to get 8200 or 8500. The way they are set up, the bunk area is it's own seperate little room with a door. In 9200, the bunk area is a small alcove with a curtain. The sitting area is smaller than in 8200/8500. We have done those cabins twice as a family of five. The space is nice, but having one bathroom was a bit of a hassle.

Hi

These pics are of 8200 on freedom in October. I'll see if I have any of 9200

• 4 months later...
Will will be in 8200 on Freedom this Sunday. :D

It's amazing! St. John excursion is probably the best thing you can do when you disembark in St. Thomas, and Maho Beach is a MUST on St. Maarten!

Trunk Bay, St. John: 20140702_144423.jpg

Maho Beach:

Screenshot_2014-07-03-16-36-22_1.png

And if you go to deck 4 and walk all the way forward:

20140704_184611.jpg

We have 9500 on Liberty next year. Looking forward to it. Wish I had heard about the benefit of deck 8 ahead of time though. They are booked up now. I remember seeing those rooms and thought they just looked too awkward...

Deck 9 rooms have plenty of room. We had 5 people in 9200

• 4 weeks later...
How come when I try to book 5 people on Freedom, I get this:

The total number of guests per reservation may not exceed four

The website can only handle bookings for 4 people max. Call Royal direct to book.

The website can only handle bookings for 4 people max. Call Royal direct to book.

Thank you very much. Sadly though, we've already booked two rooms and prices have gone up $1k+ since I've booked. :(

Maybe next time, or maybe for the best.

Hi

Hi our names are Mike and Julie from Michigan and we will be staying in room 8500 Liberty of the Seas this November our first cruise cannot wait any advice or help or tips let me know thanks

Deck 9 rooms have plenty of room. We had 5 people in 9200

Thanks for updating after the trip! We are in 9500 on the FOS in October and I was a little nervous it would be crowded with our family of 5. Glad to hear you thought there was plenty of room!