10 Day Equinox Newsletters and more...

H2OH!

Also, our pre-cruise hotel was the Renaissance on 17th street. Great location near Bimini Boatyard and Bravo Restaurant. Walgreens is directly across the street.

Others stayed at:

* Hilton Marina

* Embassy Suites

* Cambria Suites

* Crowne Plaza

* Holiday Inn Express Fort Lauderdale Airport South

* Bahia Mar Doubletree

* Hyatt (17th Street Convention Center)

* B Ocean Fort Lauderdale

Edited by H2OH!

Thanks for posting the dailies and other port information!!! My wife and I are doing this itinerary on 2/21, so this was a real nice way of getting an update on the Equinox and crew...our baggage tags have arrived, time to start packing! :)

Amy,

Thanks for all the great information. Wondering if you ate at either Biminis or Bravos, and how they were?

Also wondering if you noticed the craft beer situation on the Equinox? Wondering if they have the craft beer selection in Michaels yet? I realize that it is a VIP lounge until 7pm, but I previously had heard that they do not have the selection of craft beers on Equinox yet and was wondering if that had changed?

Thanks again.

Amy,

Thanks for all the great information. Wondering if you ate at either Biminis or Bravos, and how they were?

Also wondering if you noticed the craft beer situation on the Equinox? Wondering if they have the craft beer selection in Michaels yet? I realize that it is a VIP lounge until 7pm, but I previously had heard that they do not have the selection of craft beers on Equinox yet and was wondering if that had changed?

Thanks again.

We had appetizers at Bimini which were good and then ate dinner at Bravo. My husband likes Bravo more than I do but it is good food...not great but good. The bread is awesome!! Very garlicky.

Sorry but I cant help regarding craft beers. I thought I read they had the Beer onboard but not sure.

We had appetizers at Bimini which were good and then ate dinner at Bravo. My husband likes Bravo more than I do but it is good food...not great but good. The bread is awesome!! Very garlicky.

Sorry but I cant help regarding craft beers. I thought I read they had the Beer onboard but not sure.

Thanks for the info.

I will soon be taking this cruise! But I just have to ask, why do people go to a beach to watch planes landing? There is more to it right?

google or go to you tube and typ ein maho beach...you will see why it is so fascinating.

It is on the list of top 10 most dangerous airports ...the planes approach from the sea, and land just after the beach, right over your head. it really is unbelievable.

google or go to you tube and typ ein maho beach...you will see why it is so fascinating.

It is on the list of top 10 most dangerous airports ...the planes approach from the sea, and land just after the beach, right over your head. it really is unbelievable.

Thanks I will do that.

Thanks so much for posting all of this helpful info, we are on the same sailing 2/21. Do you happen to know what glass artists were on board?

I did not notice. We did the glass blowing thing once...and that was enough for us. :D

Guest debbiejohncruise
A few more documents

1) captains club events for Elite...

2) helipad invite- be sure to read all of your documents and newsletters carefully. We could have missed the invite as is located near bottom of document. The helipad sail away is fun.

3) tipping guidelines- in case you dont auto tip here are the guidelines. We do autotip but like to give more to select individuals so we usually look at what they have received an add 10-20 % on top of that and give them a cash tip at the end of the cruise.

Is the helipad sailaway only for Elite status? Thanks. Debbie

First I want to say thanks for taking the time to scan and post all the info! DH and I will be on the 11 day equinox cruise of the 24th of March, cant wait! We have sailed on the M class but never an S class ship. On the first day I saw where there is a tour of the ship. That would help us both to learn where things are. Is it something you must pre-register for or do you just show up? Also is there a fee for this?.

Thanks

Diane

My husband and I were also on this cruise. Here is some additional info in response to questions asked on this thread.

Pool deck music - we did not spend tons of time on the pool deck this cruise, but when we were there it happened to be more Zumba music then live bands. This could have just been our timing though.

Glass artists - there was a guy with a tattoo on his right arm. I only remember this because he had to keep it covered. There was a woman whose name was Ryan (no idea of spelling). Not sure what the third man's name is.

St. Kitts tour - I was in one of the groups that booked with Beulah and went to Ottley's Plantation. It was an enjoyable day, would do it again.

Dominica tour - 4 of us booked with Khatt's, our driver was Shane. He got us to Titou Gorge before any other groups and we really enjoyed the uncrowded gorge. Personally, I did not think Trafalgar Falls was a big deal if you have seen waterfalls in any other part of the world. Papilotte was wonderful though! Good food and we enjoyed the gardens and volcanic pools.

Barbados tour - Harrison's Cave is interesting if you haven't seen that sort of thing before.

This was my first time to any of these islands so you can factor that in with my comments on any of the places we went.

Is the helipad sailaway only for Elite status? Thanks. Debbie

We were invited to the helipad for sailaway from St. Maarten and we are not elite. We are actually the lowest level of Captain's Club. We were in a Sky Suite and booked the Chef's Table one night, either of those things may have helped earn us an invite.

Amy,

Thanks again.

I thought dinner at Bimini's was good, above average. Skip their bread though, unless you want it for dessert. They promote it as one of their signature items which is why I tried it. I thought on the website it said the bread had honey in it. All I could taste and see was sugar. Tons of sugar. I actually scraped out spoonfuls of it. As dessert I quite enjoyed it, but bread with a meal? No thanks.

I don't recall seeing the craft beer selection in Michael's like I have seen photos of from other ships.

My husband and I were also on this cruise. Here is some additional info in response to questions asked on this thread.

Pool deck music - we did not spend tons of time on the pool deck this cruise, but when we were there it happened to be more Zumba music then live bands. This could have just been our timing though.

Glass artists - there was a guy with a tattoo on his right arm. I only remember this because he had to keep it covered. There was a woman whose name was Ryan (no idea of spelling). Not sure what the third man's name is.

St. Kitts tour - I was in one of the groups that booked with Beulah and went to Ottley's Plantation. It was an enjoyable day, would do it again.

Dominica tour - 4 of us booked with Khatt's, our driver was Shane. He got us to Titou Gorge before any other groups and we really enjoyed the uncrowded gorge. Personally, I did not think Trafalgar Falls was a big deal if you have seen waterfalls in any other part of the world. Papilotte was wonderful though! Good food and we enjoyed the gardens and volcanic pools.

Barbados tour - Harrison's Cave is interesting if you haven't seen that sort of thing before.

This was my first time to any of these islands so you can factor that in with my comments on any of the places we went.

Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...