Scavi Tour - How Far in Advance do they Confirm?

Hyundaigirl

We will be in Rome in May. I emailed them 2 days ago and was SHOCKED to get a reply confirming our tour the very next day. I wasn't expecting a reply so soon. We were only able to give them 2 dates and were delighted one of them was confirmed.

Shocker - I opened my e-mail this morning and the confirmation from the Scavi office was there! Based on everyone else's timing I didn't think we'd get a reply until June. I had submitted my request on January 11th for October.

I had given them 3 dates and got 9am on October 7th (my birthday :)) So excited! Now I can start planning the rest of our Rome stay around that date/time.

I just received our Scavi tour confirmation this morning. I was only able to give them two dates. I was given a time the day we arrive. The time should work quite well as long as we do arrive. I requested the tour about three weeks ago for an October tour. Once you receive confirmation you then have 10 days to reconfirm and pay. Now I can plan our second day in Rome!

Pearl

I just received our Scavi tour confirmation this morning. I was only able to give them two dates. I was given a time the day we arrive. The time should work quite well as long as we do arrive. I requested the tour about three weeks ago for an October tour. Once you receive confirmation you then have 10 days to reconfirm and pay. Now I can plan our second day in Rome!

Pearl

Excellent! May I ask if you received an automatic reply from them when you sent your first email requesting the reservation? I also sent a reservation request a bit after you did, also for October. No auto reply. Some folks report getting one, some don't. It's a bit frustrating knowing whether they received my email, since emails sometimes don't go through to foreign addresses.

Thanks, and enjoy!

Turtles06, I think I got a confirmation that they received my request but I cannot be absolutely sure. The address you mentioned is the one I used and it is the one that I received the link for payment and confirmation. I received two emails from the Vatican one at that address and another from a different address stating that I would receive a second email with the link. The first email stated directions for confirming and visit instructions. Good luck. We are anxious to get back to Rome. Throwing coins at the Trevi Fountain worked!

Pearl

Excellent! May I ask if you received an automatic reply from them when you sent your first email requesting the reservation? I also sent a reservation request a bit after you did, also for October. No auto reply. Some folks report getting one, some don't. It's a bit frustrating knowing whether they received my email, since emails sometimes don't go through to foreign addresses.

Thanks, and enjoy!

Not who you were asking but...

I sent a request to the address in your other post on Feb 26, 2014, for a visit in November. I did not receive an auto-reply. I received confirmation of my tour yesterday. So it's not necessarily a bad sign that you haven't received an auto-reply. However, if you're like me, you'll fret until you hear back because not getting that auto-reply is nerve-wracking.

I was going to give it until June before I tried them again. I'm not sure what others would recommend.

Edited by Cretia

Woo hoo ---after all that fretting detailed in my posts above, I *just* got a reservation confirmation for October! Yay, very excited! And for the record, I never received an auto-reply to my reservation request. (Thanks everyone for the replies and advice above.)

Also, and perhaps this was a coincidence, early this morning I submitted a reservation request directly on line (not via email) on this Scavi web site that I stumbled on; I have no idea whether this is another way to do it, as no one has mentioned it:

http://www.scavi.va/content/scavi/en.html

Click at the top on "Prenotazioni Visite" and you'll get a form for you to submit your reservation request directly on line. Again, no idea if the reply I got today was from this or my email a couple of weeks ago.

At any rate, we are booked and excited. And I never expected to hear from them this early for October. It's great to have this confirmed now!

Woo hoo ---after all that fretting detailed in my posts above, I *just* got a reservation confirmation for October! Yay, very excited! And for the record, I never received an auto-reply to my reservation request. (Thanks everyone for the replies and advice above.)

Also, and perhaps this was a coincidence, early this morning I submitted a reservation request directly on line (not via email) on this Scavi web site that I stumbled on; I have no idea whether this is another way to do it, as no one has mentioned it:

http://www.scavi.va/content/scavi/en.html

Click at the top on "Prenotazioni Visite" and you'll get a form for you to submit your reservation request directly on line. Again, no idea if the reply I got today was from this or my email a couple of weeks ago.

At any rate, we are booked and excited. And I never expected to hear from them this early for October. It's great to have this confirmed now!

I was hoping to use this form but I'm getting errors and it doesn't like my data. Any tricks to this? Tried the date 2 ways and the number of participants in one digit and 2 digit format.

I was hoping to use this form but I'm getting errors and it doesn't like my data. Any tricks to this? Tried the date 2 ways and the number of participants in one digit and 2 digit format.

It took me several tries, and the culprit finally turned out to be the Captcha code box at the very end. What I discovered was that if you so much as click on your cursor anywhere on the page, the code that was there will change and you may not realize it. So once you are satisfied that your form is correct, scroll to the bottom, input the code you see, and hit submit.

The date of course needs to be in European format (month/day/year), and I can't recall whether the number of participants had to be a word or an Arabic numeral (I did it both ways, one was rejected), but if you have it wrong the rejection page will highlight that in red under the box for the number.

Don't give up! Good luck!

(Send an email to them anyway.)

BTW: someone on our Roll Call who contacted them today for a date in October got a confirmation back today!

Thanks for your help. It didn't like the date I was using because I was writing it out instead of using 18/10/14 format. The error message was displaying in a place that I couldn't tell if it was above or below what is wouldn't accept!

But success! It went through :D

Edited by LEtue

Argh, that should be day/month/year. Sorry for the brain fart. I HATE that CC does not allow someone to edit her own post after a short period of time.

No worries! Your post really helped and made me see what I was could be doing wrong. Their website tells you to make sure you enter the proper date using i.e. 18 October 2014 and I took that literally :)

So glad for the help and thanks again!

Well I have great news this morning! I got confirmation overnight for my tour in October so the form definitely worked!!!!

Yay :D

Excellent; congrats!

Happy to know the form worked, since I didn't recall anyone on here mentioning it when I stumbled on it on line the other day.

Excellent; congrats!

Happy to know the form worked, since I didn't recall anyone on here mentioning it when I stumbled on it on line the other day.

I know! So glad you found it :D

For anyone that is waiting I suggest you submit again using the form since I received a response to my email submission and the form submission overnight - and nothing was duplicated. Both had the same confirmation/reservation number on them. I think they are coordinating the multiple requests - just fine and I never got an auto response for either. Although the form was accepted on line as correctly submitted so I knew that one had gone through :)