Grand Turk a high mountain area?

Gingee

Looking at taking a tram tour in Grand Turk. I see that you go up to see a lighthouse. Is that area high in the mountains? I hate drop off areas like St. Thomas.

Grand Turk is a small island. The highest point is less than 200 feet above sea level.

Edited by Nitemare

Oh so pretty flat huh?

Looking at the tram excursion so I couldn't imagine going up a steep hill.

If you don't like beaches, take the excursion. But read this board and see what others have thought of the tour. There's really no "there there" on Grand Turk. It's a great beach and a small town with not much else to do.

If you don't like beaches, take the excursion. But read this board and see what others have thought of the tour. There's really no "there there" on Grand Turk. It's a great beach and a small town with not much else to do.

Agree, except , rather than take ship excursion, grab a taxi driver and ask for the same "highlights" - town, flamingos, salt flats and museum, lighthouse...that's about it.

We did it recently, and got a bonus drive through the residential section, saw where our driver lived.

Less money, more fun and memorable, and you are helping the local economy, rather than the cruise line.

You can get off the bus whenever you want. I went to all the sites, then got off at the beach and stayed there for a while. I didn't sign up for an excursion on the boat, just signed up for one of the busses after we got off the boat. I didn't go to Jack's Shack, but plan to visit there when I go back this fall. I went ip the beach quite a ways where there weren't many people The water there is crystal clear with little fish that come up and play with your feet.

Carnival Destiny jan 2010

Carnival Liberty 9/28/13

Carnival Victory 10/5/13

Carnival Sensation 3/9/14

Carnival Sensation 3/13/14

Carnival Splendor 11/1/14

• 2 weeks later...

Was there in 09 and going back in Sept. this year. It is very small. We rented a golf cart and toured the island on our own. Good time, found a beach where no one was on it and kicked back. Here are some pics.

2i0acld.jpg

Governor's Beach

huooau.jpg

33tqe55.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Yes we are looking at booking a tram with some other people from our cruise. $21 for 90 minutes.

Good luck with that! I booked the entire tram with a group from our ship. When we got there, Doug refused to honor our reservation and had sold most of the tram to others. Hope you didn't pay him in advance.