Do you tip on Excursions?

Mattypies

That's scary! Was he a guide for the entire day, or just at Ocho Rios? It almost sounds like a mugging!

He was only the guide for the falls and his approach to receive a tip was very aggressive. What's interesting is that our transportation guide to and from the falls was wonderful! We absolutely loved her! She was so funny and not once did she demand a tip....but we made sure that she got one!

By the way, I saw that you're on the roll call for RCI's Jewel, May 10 - S Caribbean route. We might be on that ship too! I just need to finalize my work schedule coming February and then we can make a decision. :D

Edited by Erik101

By the way, I saw that you're on the roll call for RCI's Jewel, May 10 - S Caribbean route. We might be on that ship too! I just need to finalize my work schedule coming February and then we can make a decision. :D

I hope we see you on the Roll Call soon as OFFICIALLY BOOKED! Don't be shy. It;'s a friendly bunch and we firmly believe in the "more the merrier" rule!:D

I think that you will get a more honest answer as to how much cruisers tip by asking the tour guides. I have seen way, way more ones in the tip bucket than 5's, 10's and 20's.

We hand the tip directly to our guide. We've never used the tip bucket. That is what I see most people doing.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

We hand the tip directly to our guide. We've never used the tip bucket. That is what I see most people doing.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

The tip buckets tend to be for the driver. We always directly hand our tip to the guide with a thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We always tip the guide and driver, however, I was wondering what you do if the guide is actually the owner of the tour company? Do you still tip? We have this situation coming up on our next cruise and I was wondering what to do.

We always tip the guide and driver, however, I was wondering what you do if the guide is actually the owner of the tour company? Do you still tip? We have this situation coming up on our next cruise and I was wondering what to do.

I'd probably still tip, depending on some other factors.

We did a sailing tour in Nicaragua in December; the tour was run by the boat owner, who had several young guys helping.

We tipped him on leaving and I saw him hand the tips to his crew.