Off Site parking at Port Canaveral

fletch1027

Last year when we cruised, we parked at Park n Cruise. It was a good deal less expensive (less than half) than parking at the port.

I was just poking around and found the website for Park Port Canaveral. They advertise that it is the closest & largest off site lot with patrolling security and the most shuttle buses. They do appear to be closer (on the port island by the Raddison).

Has anyone used them before? I was hoping to get some fellow cruiser feedback before I decided whether or not to switch parking lots. Their prices are the same as Park n Cruise...

Last year when we cruised, we parked at Park n Cruise. It was a good deal less expensive (less than half) than parking at the port.

I was just poking around and found the website for Park Port Canaveral. They advertise that it is the closest & largest off site lot with patrolling security and the most shuttle buses. They do appear to be closer (on the port island by the Raddison).

Has anyone used them before? I was hoping to get some fellow cruiser feedback before I decided whether or not to switch parking lots. Their prices are the same as Park n Cruise...

This is the parking company that is located at the Radisson. They have a big fleet of vans and shuttles and are even now picking up at all three of the closest airports in addition to the cruiseship shuttling.

We stay at the Radisson a lot and always leave our car there. Never had a problem......staying again in April......

This is the parking company that is located at the Radisson. They have a big fleet of vans and shuttles and are even now picking up at all three of the closest airports in addition to the cruiseship shuttling.

We stay at the Radisson a lot and always leave our car there. Never had a problem......staying again in April......

Is it paved? I, on the other hand, had a very poor experience at Park and Cruise, a broken windsheild when I returned after the cruise. I did not like parking on rocks and gravel and the cars were parked so close together everyone struggled to get their cars out. I was going to just bite the bullet and park at the pier for our March cruise (what a rip off!!) but this may be a good option.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Is it paved? I, on the other hand, had a very poor experience at Park and Cruise, a broken windsheild when I returned after the cruise. I did not like parking on rocks and gravel and the cars were parked so close together everyone struggled to get their cars out. I was going to just bite the bullet and park at the pier for our March cruise (what a rip off!!) but this may be a good option.

I'm not 100% sure that it is paved, but looking at it on Google Earth, it looks like a striped, paved lot...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

it is vacant parking at the old United Space Alliance facility - the company that did Space Shuttle support in the end years - and run by the Radisson folks

Rad DOES have more vans/busses than anyone else ... and I understand they subcontract out their buses to other hotels as well as supporting the airport pickups, this hotel itself and this parking venture. And, HAVING many vehicles does not mean they have drivers for them all ... many cruise days when I drive by, the majority of the vehicles are sitting idle... There have been complaints of long waits for a ride (here on CC) ... I'm guessing they bring in drivers based on reservations . . . more ship on a particular day means more drivers.

Park n Cruise is still up and running and every time I drive by the lot is FULL. P n C has just a few vans but my last use a van left the lot as soon as I got on and on return a van was waiting when I hit the pier and left w/in 5 minutes . . .

[The whole 'how long of a wait thing is sort of luck anyway. Unless the operation has enuf vans to stack 'em at every pier and the home base .... there's gonna be a wait some of the time ..... most of the car rental places have 2 or 3 vans and on a day with 3 ships arriving? I was a math major ... figure the odds . . .]

Who's closer? I doubt the distance differs by more than 500 yards myself but ParkPortC says it is over a mile .... depends on the measurement method I guess. Time wise I can hardly see it making a difference on the drive. (using Google earth, measuring over the roads, and using the base of the draw bridge at the entrance to the north piers as a start point {distance is same for both from here} I get 1.93 miles vs 2.11

and you missed it! ParkPortC' is cheaper by 4 cents a day!

Did they say how the winshield got broken? Did they do anything to help get it repaired or were you on your own?

Did they say how the winshield got broken? Did they do anything to help get it repaired or were you on your own?

No, they gave me a contact that I followed up on after we returned home! but really nothing. Our vehicle was parked by a fence and it looked like boats and heavy equipment was on the other side of the fence. Who knows how it happened, and unfortunately nothing can be proved, but I know it definitely did not have a big crack across it when we left it. We normally cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale and I have used both Park N Go and Park N Fly multiple times with no problems...this was our first less than pleasant experience with off site lots.

Think I will just go ahead and park in the garage at the pier. Expensive, but oh well!!;)

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

a crack can develop from a small chip when the glass experiences big temp changes from day to night ...

and comprehensive coverage will cover glass in my experience ...... zero deductible comp???? ASK ... U may be surprised . . . for me, zero deduct' and 5 cars the add-on is about $40 a year.

• 1 month later...

I finally found someone with a similar experience. I was beginning to think I was losing my memory. Our car was FILTHY and we had to wait for the people to move their cars so we could get out. Fortunately - no broken windshield. :) We will need to park at the port since I now have to bring my ECV on the cruise. :(

• 2 weeks later...