Book Club on board

moorerf

I received an email from Princess concerning my upcoming cruise (Feb 8-15 on Crown out of Port Everglades) and they mentioned a book club. I checked it out and the book by Mitch Absalom for our ship sounded good so I downloaded it to my kindle. My questions...has anyone been onboard and attended a book club meeting??? If so, when, where, how often etc...are they held??? Thanks:)

I received an email from Princess concerning my upcoming cruise (Feb 8-15 on Crown out of Port Everglades) and they mentioned a book club. I checked it out and the book by Mitch Absalom for our ship sounded good so I downloaded it to my kindle. My questions...has anyone been onboard and attended a book club meeting??? If so, when, where, how often etc...are they held??? Thanks:)

I am a very slow reader so, once I read the book club choice ahead of time so I would be ready. When I got onboard, (I don't remember what ship and when) I asked when they would hold the meeting and the kind lady handed me the book she was planning on using - not the one I read. So, I declined taking one. Go to the library the day of departure and see if that is the book they will be using. They will have copies (limited) to lend out for the club. (If it isn't the book they say, maybe you will be able to download the used book before we leave port?)

I envy anyone who can read fast enough to attend book clubs. Hopefully when my cataracts are 'plucked' I will be able to read again too!

Looking forward to meeting you onboard!

If the ship did not receive copies of the book announced by Princess, they will use some other book that they have a number of copies. I learned that the hard way by buying the announced book (paying full price for hardback) reading and HATING the book, dragging it on board to discover the book club would be reading a different book. I did get a copy from the library to read and it was a quick read. I donated my book to Princess for if and when they get their supply.

The book club meetings are run by the passengers. A cruise director staff member will show up, welcome everyone, and then leave. I've yet to go to one where a staff member has read the book or participates.

The meeting is towards the end of the cruise usually on a sea day. On my last cruise it was held on the final full day which was also a port day. The CD had forgotten to include a meeting on the schedule and someone had asked him about it the day before so they threw together a time and location for the final patter.

Jackie