Tour I want is booked! :-(

alizas3figs

I tried to book the NativeWay watersports Rays, Reef, and Rum Point tour but they are completely booked. I am so disappointed because I can't seem to find another tour that combines rays and beach time. My husband is not a great swimmer so I wanted something that we could both enjoy. I know I could just hit 7 Mile Beach after the tour but then I would have to rent lounge chairs and then take a cab back to the port. Not such a big deal I guess but the NW tour seemed to do all that for us. Does anyone know of a tour operator with a similar itinerary? Thanks for your help in advance

The buccaneer stingray catamaran offers stingray city, coral gardens, and barrier reef all for $45.50. They say that they will drop you off at 7- mile beach when the tour is finished rather than back to the cruise port if you wish. I have never used them, but have reservations for our cruise in Sept, 14.

http://Www.grandcaymencruiseexcursions.com give them a look. Hope this helps a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I also tried to book nativeway two weeks ago and they were already booked. I ended up booking through Soto's. They have a 12:00 tour to Stingray city, barrier reef and then drop off at 7 mile beach. It is $35 pp. We are supposed to meet at the port for 11:30 to be transferred to the boat taking us out. From what I have read, Grand Cayman has a public bus that will bring you back to the port for $2.50 pp. Now, my only concern is stuff I've been reading about ship time vs. port time. I'm trying to find out more information regarding the difference in Grand Cayman, if there is one.

I found out that Grand Cayman is one hour behind Florida time. The ship usually stays on Fl time but there are times that it changes. I got lots of different answers on the CCL boards. The captain makes the call on time changes is what I heard. I will probably go with Native Ways Rays, Reef, and Starfish tour and get dropped off at 7 mile beach. They said I could be placed on a waiting list for my first choice tour.

I also tried to book nativeway two weeks ago and they were already booked. I ended up booking through Soto's. They have a 12:00 tour to Stingray city, barrier reef and then drop off at 7 mile beach. It is $35 pp. We are supposed to meet at the port for 11:30 to be transferred to the boat taking us out. From what I have read, Grand Cayman has a public bus that will bring you back to the port for $2.50 pp. Now, my only concern is stuff I've been reading about ship time vs. port time. I'm trying to find out more information regarding the difference in Grand Cayman, if there is one.

It depends on the ship: NCL, on our last cruise did change over the Atlantic (Caribbean time). Regardless, I can assure you the tour companies know exactly what they are doing and are aware of what time the ship is using. Remember they have been doing these tours for years.

• 3 weeks later...