Skorts!!

LrgPizza

That makes sense; I just haven't personally seen them. (haven't looked) I think I still prefer shorts for active wear, but I'm glad there are lots of different styles so everyone can wear what they like.

For me, compression wear is very uncomfortable, but obviously not for lots of people, so, again, it's great to have choices.

The Athleta liners aren't tight, tight compression short, like UnderArmor. I find them quite comfortable. It all depends on which you buy. I've got some that have the liner much like a tennis-skirt liner or similar lightweight material, but in a longer length. There are a few of their running skorts that do have a lycra-type short, but nothing uncomfortable.

But, then, I want to look like those Athleta models!!!! I love that Athleta uses athletically-built models rather than the skinny-no-muscles-allowed types! They have the same group of women that they use shoot after shoot - all very well defined women...

The Athleta liners aren't tight, tight compression short, like UnderArmor. I find them quite comfortable. It all depends on which you buy. I've got some that have the liner much like a tennis-skirt liner or similar lightweight material, but in a longer length. There are a few of their running skorts that do have a lycra-type short, but nothing uncomfortable.

But, then, I want to look like those Athleta models!!!! I love that Athleta uses athletically-built models rather than the skinny-no-muscles-allowed types! They have the same group of women that they use shoot after shoot - all very well defined women...

I was thinking the same thing about the model. I love the way she looks. :) And I like the skort for a woman with a shape like hers. :D

I like skorts but lately all the ones I can find are too short for me. I'd like them to end above my knee.

I agree! I have trouble finding longer ones. I think that's why I like the Athleta ones - most have good length. Unfortunately they can be pricey, so I usually buy discounted either on clearance or on ebay.

I'm with everyone that says a skort is something that's a skirt in front and shorts in back. Someone has erred (in the marketing industry) by calling "running skirts" "skorts".

I like skorts but lately all the ones I can find are too short for me. I'd like them to end above my knee.

If you don't mind them to really look like you're going to go exercise...Skirt Sports' Happy Girl skirt. Much longer than others.

I'm with everyone that says a skort is something that's a skirt in front and shorts in back. Someone has erred (in the marketing industry) by calling "running skirts" "skorts".

There already is something called a running skirt, but those don't have the built in shorts underneath. The original picture I posted would be too long and uncomfortable for me to run in, and it's not marketed for running, although many skorts from that brand are. Hmmmm. Maybe they need to come up with a brand new name. Like, we could call shorts with a skirt a "shirt"? Oh wait, never mind. Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I love Skorts. And I consider them anything where you have shorts and a skirt over that is either just in front or encircles the entire thing. I have both and really like them for cruises. I can wear them in the MDR at carnival and RCCL and they look like a skirt. I also like them on tours.

Only problem with the ones that completely circle is they can get hot with the extra layer of material.

I think you'd like the Athleta Wherever Skort or the Whatever Skort.

Thanks, I like the Whatever skort, but shipping and duty adds around $30 to the cost. Guess I'l check the ebay suggestion.

If you don't mind them to really look like you're going to go exercise...Skirt Sports' Happy Girl skirt. Much longer than others.

Sports look is ok for me walking around the ship or in port. Can't find any international shipping but they are in a few stores up here to check out.

Personally I prefer the skirt look all around.

Edited by KandCsailing

Costco in Ontario usually sells great skorts starting around this time of year!

A friend buys them every year but on my chunky body I find them short. Disappointing since the material is usually really nice.

Edited by KandCsailing

Those look comfortable.

I never wear shorts except at the gym. I just don't like anything too restrictive around my "undercarriage" but that material looks like it would be comfy.

For me shorts in that material alone would cling to all the wrong places (think camel toe) but with the skirt part it looks quite a good alternative.

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER