Should you and can you take Lysol on board?

Lachase

Don't visit an elementary school, day care center or assisted living/nursing home within a few days before your cruise -- most frequent sources of norovirus!

Uh oh...I'm in big trouble then!! :eek: I work in an elementary school! I plan to take Emergen-C for the week before my cruise. Hoping to build up my immune system! I will certainly wipe down our cabin. Whether it helps or not I don't know, but it seems worth a try considering I have been planning this vacation for a year. It seems worth my effort to avoid getting sick so I can enjoy my vacation.

Remember that bleach breaks down into chlorine (gas) which evaporates, and sodium (salt) in a very short time. By the time a surface washed in bleach has dried, it's neutralized -- which is why bleach is safe to use on food surfaces and toys.

Just trying to help those who might try to make bleach-wipes that would be easier to pack than a big 'ole jug of bleach.

• 3 weeks later...
I always bring Lysol spray. I use it in the elevators when the women with cheap perfume get on or the guys in the wife beater shirts.

Yes, and when you do that you will give me an asthma attack. Please think of other people's allergies/sensitivity when you spray/wipe down your cabin with lysol, etc. Hospital grade wipes? Bleach? Really??? I can't believe this stuff would be allowed on board. You could cause someone to end up in the hospital. And if I catch you doing it I will complain to guest services.

If you are that afraid of being exposed, please stay home!!!

I always bring Lysol spray. I use it in the elevators when the women with cheap perfume get on or the guys in the wife beater shirts.

I assume that you are not being serious. If you are serious, expect me to notify security about your actions the first time that you do it.

DON

My concern isn't so much with weakening our immune systems, but rather the proliferation of today's 'super bugs' that are more prevalent and mighty damned scary if you've ever had to fight one. When we 'anti-bacterialize' everything around us, what we're perhaps doing is creating stronger, more resistant bacteria that are bound to catch up with us......despite our best efforts.

Do what you feel you gave to do, especially if you are already in a weakened state, it is smart to do what you can to protect your health.

I am also very curious re: over capacity by 500. How is this possible? Genuinely curious to know.

Lol security? Why? Is Lysol against the rules?

You can Lysol your room all that you want to. However, if you spray it in a public space and especially in an enclosed space such as an elevator, it then becomes a security issue. There are many people including me who find the smell of Lysol annoying.

What do you plan to do if someone comes into the dining room or showroom wearing excessive perfume - walk around the DR or showroom spraying your Lysol?

DON

You can Lysol your room all that you want to. However, if you spray it in a public space and especially in an enclosed space such as an elevator, it then becomes a security issue. There are many people including me who find the smell of Lysol annoying.

DON

I dislike the smell of it.

I also don't get the "let's disinfect everything i might touch" mentality.

What do you plan to do if someone comes into the dining room or showroom wearing excessive perfume - walk around the DR or showroom spraying your Lysol?

DON

Annoying? Yes. Security issue? Doubtful.

Edited by time4u2go