Help Choosing Which Deck?

J_Viggy

Hi!

We are currently booked for an interior room on the Triumph, in April.

Last night I used my powers of persuasion to convince my husband that we should upgrade to a balcony. Our daughter, age 5, will be with us and I really think having the balcony at night will be nice because she can be sleeping while my husband and I sit out there for a glass of wine or to gaze at the stars or whatever. :)

So, now I'm trying to decide which balcony to choose. We are going with a standard balcony. I am trying to decide between one on Deck 7 vs the Panorama deck. Not too concerned about motion sickess, just want to have a nice quite space to enjoy. This is our first cruise, so looking for some helpful suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

I'll probably stick with 7 (that's where I had selected an interior room). I was just looking at pictures of the outdoor public deck area on the Panorama deck and it looks really cool and I assume it stays relatively uncrowded, so that's what's making me consider that deck....

The only thing we check when booking a balcony is to make sure that the deck above us is just other cabins or that it is not a disco or dinning area, just to minimize the noise coming from above.

AND below you as well!!

Definitely stick with Deck 7 (Empress Deck), you have two decks above you before common areas and another deck below you before common areas. Just try to stay away from the balcony ones near the glass elevators that look down into the atrium. You will hear the the bands and such from there if you get a balcony right off those elevators.

While I like the Empress Deck (7), one of our last cruises we were on the Panorama. We loved it. We were one deck above the Lido, so getting to the pool, food, etc was quick. I liked being up higher too. Initially I thought I might hear noise from the Lido, but we didn't hear anything. We liked it so much, our upcoming cruise is also on the Panorama in the same cabin.

Also, since Panorama Deck is much shorter, it is quieter since "everyone" insn't walking pass the cabin.

Either deck is a good choice, enjoy the cruise.