queen victoria may 9 southampton

3carfan

Does anyone know what dock we board at on May 9 in Southampton as we are staying at holiday inn . Wondered

if we are near the dock we will boarding at. Thanks in advance

Can't help you with the terminal at the moment (Southampton VTS seem very slow in getting their act together this year). But I wouldn't worry too much about it as the Holiday Inn is nice and central and is no more than 15 minutes or so from the most distant terminal.

J

I think that I read that there are five large passenger ships in Southampton on that day (May 9th), but now can't recall where I saw this :o .

(Cunard's QM2, QE, QV. P&O Arcadia & a HAL ship [Veendam?]).

Please forgive me if I have got this wrong (I'll blame it on old age :o ).

Edited by pepperrn

I think that I read that there are five large passenger ships in Southampton on that day (May 9th), but now can't recall where I saw this :o .

(Cunard's QM2, QE, QV. P&O Arcadia & a HAL ship [Veendam?]).

Please forgive me if I have got this wrong (I'll blame it on old age :o ).

Yes, according to the Cruise Timetables website and the HAL ship is the Rotterdam.

According to the confirmation I was sent by Cunard we are embarking at City Cruise Terminal for Queen Victoria on that day. This is basically next door to the Holiday Inn. On our return we will disembark at the QEII Terminal. We are booking car parking with CPS and based on previous experience they will move the cars to the other terminal in time for the arrival.

I'm so looking forward to all three Queens being in Southampton together. Let's hope they put on a good show and that the weather is kind this time!

See you there!

Eddie

From what others have said above, I think it will be:

QM2 Ocean

QV City

QE QEII (we are on this and orr paperwork confirms)

Bear in mind though it's all subject to change at any stage.

Edited by Lynnewob

:) I have never sailed from the City Terminal before so if we do sail from there, it completes the set.

We sailed from City Terminal in Celebrity Eclipse in October 2011. It was quite functional. Just what is needed really. The great thing is that being berthed there gives ample opportunity for close up photos if Quuen Victoria from Mayflower Park :D

Lynnewob,

if you are boarding Queen Elizabeth May 9, where is the ship's destination?

My TA was thinking the QE was chartered since the cruise was not listed at all.

Hamburg then a short trip to Norway, your TA isn't very efficient as this trip is on Cunard's site.

Lynnewob,

if you are boarding Queen Elizabeth May 9, where is the ship's destination?

My TA was thinking the QE was chartered since the cruise was not listed at all.

Sorry to confuse but we're arriving on 9 May not departing but as mentioned above it is off to Hammburg.

It has been confirmed by the Southampton VTS website (http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/) that QV will be at City, QM2 will be at Ocean and QE will be at QEII. They will all leave at 4.30 pm. Arcadia is also in that day at Mayflower.

Eddie

Also a bit of trivia about Arcadia. She was originally earmarked to be Queen Victoria but it was decided to transfer it P&O and then build a ship with a stronger hull for Cunard.
I may well be wrong, but I think I read that the hull was originally ordered for HAL.

Then (before building began) it was transferred to Cunard.

Finally, very late in construction (the Cunard style funnel was already fitted (but without the faux wind scoops)) it was transferred once more, this time to P&O.

They then started again to give us the Queen Victoria we are all aware of.

I'm almost certain that was the story.

Edited by pepperrn

Also a bit of trivia about Arcadia. She was originally earmarked to be Queen Victoria but it was decided to transfer it P&O and then build a ship with a stronger hull for Cunard.
This photo may be of interest, "Queen Victoria 2"? (Taken on the maiden voyage I believe).

(Sorry that I don't know who took this picture, the credit is theirs, not mine. I only found it on the internet. Well spotted by them).

1084686388_QV2....jpg.ea2d64b909d66c0371a68303d0e166af.jpg

Edited by pepperrn

I may well be wrong, but I think I read that the hull was originally ordered for HAL.

Then (before building began) it was transferred to Cunard.

Finally, very late in construction (the Cunard style funnel was already fitted (but without the faux wind scoops)) it was transferred once more, this time to P&O.

They then started again to give us the Queen Victoria we are all aware of.

I'm almost certain that was the story.

Yes I think you are right about her being originally ordered for HAL. She was planned to compete with P&O but was transferred over after Carnival took over P&O.

I believe there is a website that gives the whole annual schedule for Southampton cruise ships.

try searching for "Southampton Cruise ship timetable" in you search engine.

have attached link below for one of the sites.

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/.../Shipping...Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_...‎

Edited by bill_posters_is_innocent