Orient-Express Orcaella Myanmar River Cruise

rojaan19

Has anyone been on the new Orient Express river boat Orcaella in Myanmar ( Burma ) ??

It started cruising in August 2013 and the only reviews I have seen are by journalists so are naturally glowing. ;) Looking forward to see a review by a real passenger.

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone been on the new Orient Express river boat Orcaella in Myanmar ( Burma ) ??

It started cruising in August 2013 and the only reviews I have seen are by journalists so are naturally glowing. ;) Looking forward to see a review by a real passenger.

While I don't have a review, we just booked a Myanmar trip with AMA. Due to cabin availability and our scheduling challenges, we are going in January 2016. We enjoyed our AMA trip to Vietnam and wanted to follow the Ayeyarwady from Yangoon to Mandalay. We'll probably stop en route in Siem Reap for a return visit.

Bob

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
While I don't have a review, we just booked a Myanmar trip with AMA. Due to cabin availability and our scheduling challenges, we are going in January 2016. We enjoyed our AMA trip to Vietnam and wanted to follow the Ayeyarwady from Yangoon to Mandalay. We'll probably stop en route in Siem Reap for a return visit.

Bob

I know there are limited cabins on this ship but did you find there was lots of activity in booking this far out ? Considering 2016 Myanmar cruise too.

I know there are limited cabins on this ship but did you find there was lots of activity in booking this far out ? Considering 2016 Myanmar cruise too.

I don't believe this 2016 Myanmar cruise is filling up this early.

Our primary reasons for booking now were we wanted to take AMA's longer (14 night) Myanmar tour and the time of year was important. In addition, other travel commitments and holidays interfered with other 2014 & 2015 AMA Myanmar trips.

Given the 2016 time frame, we took advantage of early-booking and early-payment discounts. There are other tour companies that could have been considered, but we were really pleased with our AMA experience in Vietnam and Cambodia.

Bob

Thanks Bob

Still very interested in the longer cruise too. Is it AMA that is giving the early booking discounts? Couldn't find that on their website.

Faye

AMA is hosting an online webinar on its new Myanmar trips on Tuesday, 11am (California). You might want to call for registration.

I don't recall seeing an early discount or early payment discount on the AMA web site. I did ask when the booking was made. The booking was made directly with AMA. The discounts shaved 10% off and we received a smaller past customer discount.

Bob

AMA is hosting an online webinar on its new Myanmar trips on Tuesday, 11am (California). You might want to call for registration.

I don't recall seeing an early discount or early payment discount on the AMA web site. I did ask when the booking was made. The booking was made directly with AMA. The discounts shaved 10% off and we received a smaller past customer discount.

Bob

I did get the email about the webinar and did register. Then realized it is during the day when we are at work :(

Wish there is a way to be home for that hour!!

DeeDC-- we got the invite by email, that's what peaked our curiousity about this river cruise. I can send you the email if you send me your email address.

Faye

Sorry Dee that I took so long to respond, away for the weekend. Sorry haven't found a way to pm .

I have an email you can use to send me yours. It is one I use for ccritic only.

jdiacon83atgmaildotcom