August weather in France

npphotog

Anyone advise me on weather in early August for central and lower France. Not worried about heat but concerned on rainfall amounts. Seems cheaper to travel then but wonder if rainfall is the cause of cheaper river cruise rates. Willard

Anyone advise me on weather in early August for central and lower France. Not worried about heat but concerned on rainfall amounts. Seems cheaper to travel then but wonder if rainfall is the cause of cheaper river cruise rates. Willard

It's cheaper because all the French are on holiday and many small restaurants are closed. It has nothing to do with anything but the heat.....not rain.

Hi Willard! You should be right at home in France in August.....gonna be just like Florida.....Hot and Humid!!! :D Plus many of the shops are closed because August is when the natives go on vacation, usually to the shore....the opposite of us snowbirds! You can google rainfall in central and lower France and get an accurate account of how much it actually rains then...I'm not sure, I just know about the heat and humidity and it can be oppressive.

Thanks - We live in Florida so we don't mind the heat - Do not want to go in the rainy season.

We live in Florida too and wanted to get AWAY from the heat so we went in early November. The rates are lower then and we had beautiful, fantastic, wonderful COOL weather. My wife and I really loved it. We loved it so much I vowed only to go back to Europe during that time of the year.

Cool weather, lower prices, and less crowds. For us it was a win, win, win situation.

There were a couple of days it was a little drizzly, but you can get that during the warmer months too.

Edited by Cary Cruiser