Reflection 1-25-14 Review

CruiserFTL

Ok... Sorry friends, I have been busy. I keep walking around the house looking for a bartender or a buffet.:D

I wanted to talk about the entertainment. I found it to be enjoyable. I really liked the Sin City show and recommended it to everyone I met. Do get there EARLY it does fill up quick, and if you like old Vegas you have to see the preshow. I really did enjoy all the bands and performers and would love to include some of the videos but the royalty police will not allow it.

So here is a couple of videos you might enjoy.

How about a ride in the elevator

Believe it or not they have to mow the grass

enjoy

What we need is a route map to the bars that shows the most efficient way to get to them, if you do not want to wait the mandatory 10 minutes to get your next one. :)

This is an internet myth, or it was never enforced when we were on in Nov. Many, and I mean many times there were mere minutes between my visits with the guys behind the Sunset bar:D

This is an internet myth, or it was never enforced when we were on in Nov. Many, and I mean many times there were mere minutes between my visits with the guys behind the Sunset bar:D

I agree with Wallie... suck it down and have another!

Now let me qualify, at sail away with over 50 from our CC group, I made sure and introduced my self to one of the bartenders at Sunset with a 'firm' glad to meet him hand shake. They did not stock the red wine my wife liked on the Premium pkg, he had it there that night and for the rest of the cruise. We parted at the end of the cruise with another 'firm' thank you very much handshake:rolleyes::D

A lot of what we read here on CC is from stuffed shirts that want to still sail on a cast system ship like the Titanic! A Celebrity cruise is one of the most fun, relaxing, and wonderful weeks of vacation we have experienced. OK, off my soap box, back in line at the Sunset.

Edited by wallie5446

Now let me qualify, at sail away with over 50 from our CC group, I made sure and introduced my self to one of the bartenders at Sunset with a 'firm' glad to meet him hand shake. They did not stock the red wine my wife liked on the Premium pkg, he had it there that night and for the rest of the cruise. We parted at the end of the cruise with another 'firm' thank you very much handshake:rolleyes::D

A lot of what we read here on CC is from stuffed shirts that want to still sail on a cast system ship like the Titanic! A Celebrity cruise is one of the most fun, relaxing, and wonderful weeks of vacation we have experienced. OK, off my soap box, back in line at the Sunset.

Here here!!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Note II Lets Cruise!!!!

Now dont think ill of us, we are not 'lushes' that bellied up and slammed em back. There were a couple of time's I would get something, sit back down with the wife and she would ask where was her's? I would go back and retrieve her a drink useing my card since I forgot to take her sea pass with me, and the time limit police never put me in time out:D

I HAD TO DO IT :rolleyes: I just had to go and look at the Reflection docked in Miami, zoom into the aft, and watch all the pax getting ready for sailaway at the Sunset!:o

For those of us no where near FLL or MIA we are left to watching the webcam sail aways every Sat and Sun. It's become a regular event. My wife just shakes her head.

For those of us no where near FLL or MIA we are left to watching the webcam sail aways every Sat and Sun. It's become a regular event. My wife just shakes her head.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Tom :)

The wifester has to be out the door to work by 5:00:eek: so I was on the web cam site watching 6 ships dock in FFL this morning too. We have friends sitting in the Pier 66 Hyatt getting on the Silly today, that said it was a sight to see this morning.

ps: my wife thinks I have lost a screw too! :D

I have really enjoyed the videos of the Reflection. I will be sailing on her March 1st. There is also another great review of the Reflection on thepreismans.com which has all the menus and drink prices as well as some suggestions for shore excursions. Half the fun of cruising is sharing the experience with others! I would love to hear some suggestions for a best beach on St. Thomas.:D

I have really enjoyed the videos of the Reflection. I will be sailing on her March 1st. There is also another great review of the Reflection on thepreismans.com which has all the menus and drink prices as well as some suggestions for shore excursions. Half the fun of cruising is sharing the experience with others! I would love to hear some suggestions for a best beach on St. Thomas.:D

If you haven't been to Magen's Bay, do it. Easy to get to and back.

Go to town in the a.m., make a deal with a Cabbie to take you back to the ship for lunch and getting your beach stuff. Have him take you and bring you back. Pay at the end.

Enjoy

I've also recently started watching the weekend sailaways on the webcams scouting for my upcoming cabin on the Sille in March. It's become a gotta be home by 4pm thing on the weekends and my dh thinks I'm crazy too! By the way, living in Florida I still enjoy seeing what the weather looks like down that way compared to ours. Great review

I have been very busy since my return But I wanted to get a few videos out for you all to see. This first video is a long walk around the Solstice deck. Here you will see that there was a clear visible sign of the bar servers. I had NO problem getting a drink EVER! In fact one bar server was so amazing that when I was at the Mast Bar I had one not so very charming bartender tell me that I could not have a Frozen Strawberry Margarita because they were out of glasses. Christano (a bar server)overheard this and went behind the bar and made me the best tasting Frozen Margarita that I had all cruise.

<a href=http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r798/ftlchip/Reflection12514_0392_zpsc9844aa9.jpg~original' alt='Reflection12514_0392_zpsc9844aa9.jpg~original'>

In fact I only let him make them for me. I overheard the same bartender tell guests that there was no beer left that they wanted. Shortly after this the Assistant Bar Manager Mariana showed up and I let her know of these experiences and shall I say she jumped on him and made everything right by ordering up a replenishment of the bar. Christano would even make up his own trivia contests when it was slow around the bar. Lots of fun! Much better than the real trivia events.

My 4 favorite Bartenders;

At the Mast bar… Dexter and Shawn Great personalities quick to respond!

At the Molecular Bar… Marious and Barbara Amazing drinks and a lot of fun… This was our bar before dinner, after dinner, before shows, after shows, and any other time when they were open from 5PM till Midnight.

White Cloud from Marious @ the Molecular Lounge

Bartender extraordinaire Barbara on the Celebrity Reflection’s Molecular Bar

I had searched on the boards for any information on the Mast Grill seeing that I am a burger lover. Here is a video that shows them being cooked. They were Juicy and with grilled onions and crisp bacon were to die for.

More to come

We enjoyed Barbara at the Molecular Bar last year on the Eclipse. She was great! We spent every night before and after dinner with her, she made amazing cocktails and was a lot of fun ! We miss that smile. We are cruising on the Equinox on The 21st of Feb...hoping to have the same great experience at the Molecular !

Loving your pics and your review !!

Ok... Sorry friends, I have been busy. I keep walking around the house looking for a bartender or a buffet.:D

And I keep waiting for the cabin attendant to show up and make my bed and clean the bathroom and someone to cook my meals! Re-entry is painful. Only cure is to take another cruise! :D

Glad you enjoyed your time on the Reflection.

Now let me qualify, at sail away with over 50 from our CC group, I made sure and introduced my self to one of the bartenders at Sunset with a 'firm' glad to meet him hand shake. They did not stock the red wine my wife liked on the Premium pkg, he had it there that night and for the rest of the cruise. We parted at the end of the cruise with another 'firm' thank you very much handshake:rolleyes::D.

Sorry to be gauche but, HOW firm? And do you need to do this at all the bars or did you mainly frequent the Sunset?

Appreciate your tips as this is our first ever cruise and want to make sure it's memorable enough to make it the first of many. Thank you.

Sorry to be gauche but, HOW firm? And do you need to do this at all the bars or did you mainly frequent the Sunset?

Appreciate your tips as this is our first ever cruise and want to make sure it's memorable enough to make it the first of many. Thank you.

Before drink pkg, every time you got something to drink the server would swipe your room card and have you sign a slip with a tip line just like any restaurant or bar at home. With the pkg we are not handed the slip to sign. Hence, when we figure which bar will be our 'watering hole' we will give the server/bar tender $5-10, nothing overboard. We would take the extra steps to stop at the Sunset a couple of times a day. A few time he would see us coming and have my wife's wine waiting! I did mention on the second day that we did not want nor intend for him to by pass anyone already waiting, he smiled and my drinks seemed to have a tad stronger kick the rest of the week.

Your first cruise! Oh my! Be prepared for your vacation planning to be forever changed! Please let us know how it was, good and not so.

Before drink pkg, every time you got something to drink the server would swipe your room card and have you sign a slip with a tip line just like any restaurant or bar at home. With the pkg we are not handed the slip to sign. Hence, when we figure which bar will be our 'watering hole' we will give the server/bar tender $5-10, nothing overboard. We would take the extra steps to stop at the Sunset a couple of times a day. A few time he would see us coming and have my wife's wine waiting! I did mention on the second day that we did not want nor intend for him to by pass anyone already waiting, he smiled and my drinks seemed to have a tad stronger kick the rest of the week.

Your first cruise! Oh my! Be prepared for your vacation planning to be forever changed! Please let us know how it was, good and not so.

Many thanks! I'll be certainly sharing my experience on here as so many others have so generously done. I've learned a lot here and hope to pass that on to others.

Many thanks! I'll be certainly sharing my experience on here as so many others have so generously done. I've learned a lot here and hope to pass that on to others.

The one thing, as a first time cruiser, SLOW down!:D From the pic's and videos you can see, there is a lot of stuff to do, or not do. There is no way to experience everything in 7 short days. Sometimes trying to 'over do it' can mess up your vacation. Our 1st was in 1987, and we still look forward to the next one!

The one thing, as a first time cruiser, SLOW down!:D From the pic's and videos you can see, there is a lot of stuff to do, or not do. There is no way to experience everything in 7 short days. Sometimes trying to 'over do it' can mess up your vacation. Our 1st was in 1987, and we still look forward to the next one!

Its been a long time since my last cruise (far too long) but I learned a lesson there that I have since followed in my extensive land based travels and vacations. Don't over plan. Pick a few things that you must do but save time to just relax, people watch and soak it all in; you're most not going to be able to see and do everything there is to do anyway. My best memories of our vacations are usually those that happen spontaneously. Relax......and have a few adult beverages to take the edge off.

Thanks to both. Although it's our first cruise, we have travelled extensively and long ago learned that focusing on a few things is WAY more enjoyable than checking everything off of along list. As per your tip, I'll concentrate on applying that approach to our cruise. Can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Friends

I just wanted to post 2 new videos to this thread to go with the others.

This video is of our dive in St Thomas at Coki Beach. This is a very nice beach quiet and many many fish to see in only waist deep water. I am a certified diver and went on a resort dive with my friend who was trying scuba for the first time. Coki Divers do a fine job of getting you ready and watching you throughout the dive. If you have snorkeled before but would like to enjoy staying under the water I would highly recommend this location and this company. They only work with 4 people per dive master and for us, it was just the 2 of us. Enjoy the video

This next video is our trip to Maho (airport) Beach St Maarten. I ran out of battery before getting the real big planes but did catch 2 small and 2 large. along with a nice drive in heavy traffic along the beach.

I still have a few more videos for you so stay tuned.:)