Bar Hop stops reviews

Sir_Randy

I did already book for May 8th and didn't want to bother Tom again so please let me know if he tells you more people have signed up :)

Thank you!

I'll will update as soon as he responds. Hopefully there are enough for us to go. How many are in your group? (there are just 2 of us)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Hey, DanAnna, your photos look like Rastas is on the beach now. Have they moved it across the road or is that just the angle of the photo? Is the Huge Hog still at Rastas. It's been 2 years since we were there, but we watched that mammoth grow from a small pig to an unbelievably huge hog. Always laid in the shade. Great photo op. I will be there on May 6. Can't wait to see it all again.

Hey, DanAnna, your photos look like Rastas is on the beach now. Have they moved it across the road or is that just the angle of the photo? Is the Huge Hog still at Rastas. It's been 2 years since we were there, but we watched that mammoth grow from a small pig to an unbelievably huge hog. Always laid in the shade. Great photo op. I will be there on May 6. Can't wait to see it all again.

Definitely on the beach. My first time there so not sure what it was like before. There is a building across the road as well so I assume that is the Rasta's you remember? As for the beach location it sure looks like it's been there awhile. Did not see a hog. Have fun!

Dan

Edited by DanAnna

Just booked tonight it looks like there will be enough for us to go yipeee

Yeah! I might have talked a couple on our cruise into it? She didn't say for sure. Did Tom get back to you on this? I haven't heard from him.

Haha I was on all our roll call dates asking too!

I really want to do this and can't wait :D

Yeah! I might have talked a couple on our cruise into it? She didn't say for sure. Did Tom get back to you on this? I haven't heard from him.

Haha I was on all our roll call dates asking too!

I really want to do this and can't wait :D

Yes Tom got back with me and confirmed we have enough! :D

I registered for the bar hop several days ago and haven't heard anything besides getting my receipt mailed to me. Did you all get confirmation emails?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I emailed them several times before booking asking questions and they have responded to me several times.

I believe the only thing that you will get when you book is the confirmation until time gets closer. Once the date is closer they will send all the details.

Here is what I know so far about the May 8th hop...

We do have our minimum for that date...max is 40

The Breeze will be in port from 9am-5pm local time (CT). The Triumph will be here 9am-4pm, and the NOTS 8:30am-5pm. The other 2 ships originate in the Central Time zone (same as Cozumel) so their port times are correct. You originate in Miami, Florida (ET) so we dial your port times back one hour to match Cozumel time (CT).

We’ll start at 10:15am and end at 3pm, so all ships can potentially participate in the Hop

Now the date just needs to get here ;) Look forward to meeting my fellow hoppers:p

DanAnna thanks for sharing pictures from your recent bar hop!!

We are going to be in Cozumel on May 8th and are hoping to do this bar hop. When I checked a few weeks ago there was not enough people booked for that day as of yet. I think I am going to send another email and check to see if they have enough yet.

Try going to roll calls for all ships there the same day you are to generate enough people. It's really a great time!

Try going to roll calls for all ships there the same day you are to generate enough people. It's really a great time!

Thanks ! We have enough... super excited :D

Thanks ! We have enough... super excited :D

Tom predicted it would fill up closer to our date and he knows better :D We were panicking and he will probably be turning people away for that day!

I'm sorry I don't know your first name maritch, my name is Donna and my Husband and I will be on the Navigator docked at the international pier. I think we are going to share a cab with another couple from our ship (which I don't know either) LOL

Can't wait :)

Tom predicted it would fill up closer to our date and he knows better :D We were panicking and he will probably be turning people away for that day!

I'm sorry I don't know your first name maritch, my name is Donna and my Husband and I will be on the Navigator docked at the international pier. I think we are going to share a cab with another couple from our ship (which I don't know either) LOL

Can't wait :)

Hi Donna my name is Bobbie we will be docked at Puerta Maya on the Breeze.

I know right... worried for nothing or maybe or posts helped interest others. Either way I'm just happy we get to go and glad Tom was right.

• 3 months later...

We have read the reviews of other people that have done this tour & they love it. From what they say you only get 1 shot at each of the 4 bars, then you have to pay for the rest & food also. If you search CC & Trip Advisor & You Tube, you will get a better idea. Also go to Cozumel Bar Hop dot com for that info.

At $69 for 7 hours for your excursion that you mentioned, sounds like a better deal since so much more is included.

• 2 weeks later...

We are doing the Cozumel Bar Hop on our Sept. Cruise and I have our confirmation email and it states they will give instructions about a week before our cruise....But what I want to know is where are we meeting the bar hop bus at these days....some say Carlos & Charlies and some say Senor Frogs....either way we have to take a taxi to meet them right? Do they still drop us off at the pier tho? Hoping to shop or spend some time at Pancho's Backyard after the hop.

We are doing the Cozumel Bar Hop on our Sept. Cruise and I have our confirmation email and it states they will give instructions about a week before our cruise....But what I want to know is where are we meeting the bar hop bus at these days....some say Carlos & Charlies and some say Senor Frogs....either way we have to take a taxi to meet them right? Do they still drop us off at the pier tho? Hoping to shop or spend some time at Pancho's Backyard after the hop.

When we emailed them, they said that the instructions would be in the email 1 week before you go on the cruise. We leave Aug 9th on the Caribbean Princess so we should be getting that email shortly. Will let you know what it says but the meeting location could change by the time you go.

We also asked about if they drop off where the ship is & they said they do. Probably have the choice of being dropped off in town if you want to. We want to do some shopping also but might have time to do that before the Hop.

Going by the reviews & videos seems like a great time plus we have never been on the other side of Cozumel, should be interesting & fun :D:D !!

When we emailed them, they said that the instructions would be in the email 1 week before you go on the cruise. We leave Aug 9th on the Caribbean Princess so we should be getting that email shortly. Will let you know what it says but the meeting location could change by the time you go.

We also asked about if they drop off where the ship is & they said they do. Probably have the choice of being dropped off in town if you want to. We want to do some shopping also but might have time to do that before the Hop.

Going by the reviews & videos seems like a great time plus we have never been on the other side of Cozumel, should be interesting & fun :D:D !!

Yes it definitely sounds like a lot of fun and we have about 6 other couples that will be in our group that are going too...so it ought to be interesting and fun...my main thing is to see the other side of the island also.

I will appreciate any info you gather on your hop, once you get back. Have a great cruise and Bon Voyage!

We have read the reviews of other people that have done this tour & they love it. From what they say you only get 1 shot at each of the 4 bars, then you have to pay for the rest & food also. If you search CC & Trip Advisor & You Tube, you will get a better idea. Also go to Cozumel Bar Hop dot com for that info.

At $69 for 7 hours for your excursion that you mentioned, sounds like a better deal since so much more is included.

The most fun part about it was the people we met going on the Bar Hop. Yes, we too have rented a jeep and done the private thing, but we LOVED the Bar Hop! The guide was really sweet and filled us in with lots of "inside" info on Coz and each of the stops. The hoppers got on the van as strangers and off the van as friends!! We loved. it. It included singing along to some songs in the van as well. One couple hailed in a beach vendor selling bracelets. They said it was their tradition to purchase a bracelet for everyone on the Hop. We were all presented with about a thousand bracelets and chose whichever one we wanted. The sweet couple made a deal with the vendor and purchased them for everyone. Now, that's something that doesn't happen when you are traveling alone on a private jeep tour. :) Comaradarie and friendship. That's what made this trip a blast.

Yes it definitely sounds like a lot of fun and we have about 6 other couples that will be in our group that are going too...so it ought to be interesting and fun...my main thing is to see the other side of the island also.

I will appreciate any info you gather on your hop, once you get back. Have a great cruise and Bon Voyage!

Thanks ...........we will have a great time, really looking forward to the Hop :D. When we get back, will update here to give any info.

Wow..........6 other couples :), you already have a party started before you get on the Hop !!

The most fun part about it was the people we met going on the Bar Hop. Yes, we too have rented a jeep and done the private thing, but we LOVED the Bar Hop! The guide was really sweet and filled us in with lots of "inside" info on Coz and each of the stops. The hoppers got on the van as strangers and off the van as friends!! We loved. it. It included singing along to some songs in the van as well. One couple hailed in a beach vendor selling bracelets. They said it was their tradition to purchase a bracelet for everyone on the Hop. We were all presented with about a thousand bracelets and chose whichever one we wanted. The sweet couple made a deal with the vendor and purchased them for everyone. Now, that's something that doesn't happen when you are traveling alone on a private jeep tour. :) Comaradarie and friendship. That's what made this trip a blast.

That was nice the couple bought bracelets for everyone ! I did a Bar Hop in Key West a couple of years ago, like you said everyone was strangers at the beginning & at the end everyone was friends ! We rather do the Bar Hop, rather than a private excursion. More people.......... more fun :D !!!

Hi tootsiebit, We got the email from Tom & the meeting place for us is at Senor Frogs downtown. He said it is formally Carlos & Charlies which is located at the Punta Langosta cruise ship pier downtown.

When we get back, will tell you know how it was. In 10 days we will be doing the Hop :D:D !!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tootsiebit............. were back from the Hop :D !!

We really had a fantastic time. Our Guide was Greg & he was very informative about Mexico & what we would be seeing/doing. At each stop we got a shot of the offering at that particular bar. We wanted to try different beers from Mexico so that is what we drank during the Hop. I think at the 3rd bar, is where they had the giant margarita $14 US dollars. The 4 women drinking it said it was very good. We did have some chips & salsa at the 2nd stop & was very tasty. At Rastas we had chicken fajitas and was good also. Not sure about the prices of the food we bought since Sophia bought those.

The scenery was awesome, nice quiet beaches & the water temperature was good. Being close to the ocean, we always felt a breeze. There was always bathrooms at each stop & shops where you can buy stuff. We really liked how each bar looked.

The next time we come to Cozumel, we will once again do the Bar Hop since it is a really fun time & away from the crowds. Everyone was fun to be around & very friendly which added to the entire tour. Wish we had discovered this tour before now !!!

• 1 month later...

Looking into doing this in January - was curious about the beach access at the stops and if there is time to actually get in and enjoy the water a little, or do most people sit in the bar area and not get in the water?

Also, this is the first time to Cozumel for some of the people in our group - so if this was your first time (and maybe only time) to Cozumel, would you recommend this tour or something where they can see/spend more time at the beach?

Thanks!

Looking into doing this in January - was curious about the beach access at the stops and if there is time to actually get in and enjoy the water a little, or do most people sit in the bar area and not get in the water?

Also, this is the first time to Cozumel for some of the people in our group - so if this was your first time (and maybe only time) to Cozumel, would you recommend this tour or something where they can see/spend more time at the beach?

Thanks!

It's on the east side (ocean side). Most beaches there aren't really set up for swimming. Water/currents can be very rough at times. Punta Morena, k has a small pool. Coconuts is on a hill. No swimming at Playa Bonita or Rasta. But you can sit out on the beach at Rastas.

If you're looking for beach time/water sports etc. with some crowds I'd suggest heading to Paradise Beach, Mr Sanchos, or Playa Mia. Or for fewer crowds go to Alberts or Palancar or Palya Corona. All ont he westside (channel side)

Thanks!

It all depends on what you value most from your time in Cozumel. First time I went to Cozumel, I did the Tulum tour of the Mayan ruins there. Very interesting & worth the time IMO.

If the beach is your main goal & want to spend the most time at a beach, probably Mr Sanchos or Nachi would be better for you. The Bar Hop does stop at 4 beach areas, some have better water access than others. You do spend approx. 45 minutes to 1 hour at each beach/bar when we did the Bar Hop. Very nice views plus we had a bunch of fun with the other Hoppers on the bus. A few people did get in the water but most of us either walked around the beach or sat near the bars. Greg, our Bar Hop host, was entertaining & informative regarding the other side of the Island.