Bar Hop stops reviews

Sir_Randy

Thanks for the comments re: the crowd factor. I did reach out to the Bar Hop folks to see if they had room for 4 and Tom responded same day with a "Yup, sure do".

With our port intensive itinerary (3 back to back) and this being the last, we worry that the day of we wont be so excited to go (had that happen before). We were just planning on staying on the ship but then you fine CC folks had to post all these fun photos of the bar hop, and well, he we are thinking about it. :D

It's actually a really relaxing day! Lot's of eating and drinking and enjoying the view. Definitely go, even if you are "ported" out. It's a great way to go. They do the driving and timekeeping. All you do it enjoy the ride!!

So...our cruise is coming up in 2 weeks and there are 6 ships in port and about 25,000 cruisers. Oh joy!

Anyone been on the Bar Hop with that many people in port? Wondering how much this specific tour (or its stops) are affected by the masses??? :eek:

I'm guessing a lot of people don't even know the hop exists. We did it a couple of weeks ago and even with four ships in port, there were only thirteen people on the hop, and two of them were on a land vacation and had taken the ferry over from the mainland.

Even with a handful of cruisers who hired private drivers and ended up at the same bars, none were crowded. I found it to be a fun and relaxing way to spend the day. We're already planning to do it again next time we end up in Cozumel.

Edited by Rudyard

The Cozumel Bar Hop is a definite must do!! We just got off the Norweigian Epic and were on the Barhop November 16th!! It was so much fun and a great way to see the east side of the island! Great views, food, drinks and new friends!! Please look into this.....you won't be disappointed!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have rented jeeps and done our own bar hop/island tour around the island several times. You can pick out your own stops, bring your own snorkel gear, and cruise at your own leisure.

Do you remember who you rented the jeeps from? We are planning to do the same thing. Can you rent snorkel gear or should we bring our own?

Do you remember who you rented the jeeps from? We are planning to do the same thing. Can you rent snorkel gear or should we bring our own?

Depends where you stop on the snorkel gear. If you're heading to the east side, I don't recommend snorkeling, much less swimming, as the reef, while fantastic, is very far out and the water can be rough with strong currents. If you do want to snorkel, you'll need to get back to the south west side. I'd take my own equipment. Some of the beach clubs rent them I believe, but they may also have you purchase a "tour".

The only issue with renting a jeep on your own is that one of you cannot imbibe in the giant margaritas and icy cold beer that is offered on the east side. (I guess you could, that's up to you, but I'd rather not get pulled over in Mexico with alcohol on my breath). Other than that, driving on your own is fun and very easy...almost impossible to get lost in Cozumel.

Some sad from Coconuts. Garfield the cat passed away earlier this week. It was posted on a Coconuts Facebook page. When we saw him last month he was asleep in a chair at first so we quickly petted him and went and got a table at the other side of the bar. About five minutes later he came over and laid down by our feet and we spent the rest of our time there drinking beer, eating nachos, and petting Garfield. RIP.

Garfield_zps86819e87.jpg

It looks like the Bar Hop is now called the Beach Hop. And it only goes to 3 bars now. Has anybody been on the tour lately? Also does anybody recall what the cost of the hop was. It seems the price has gone up. I already have given them a deposit for our January Hop but I don't recall what the total was supposed to be. My Bad.

It looks like the Bar Hop is now called the Beach Hop. And it only goes to 3 bars now. Has anybody been on the tour lately? Also does anybody recall what the cost of the hop was. It seems the price has gone up. I already have given them a deposit for our January Hop but I don't recall what the total was supposed to be. My Bad.

We went to the Cozumel Bar Hop website and it is still called the same thing. Could you show us where that new info is ? Maybe we missed something...........

Not sure where you are seeing this?

The website still shows 4 stops unless it has not been updated. Be careful that you are looking at the original tour and company. There are several "look-alikes" from time to time, including some of the cruiselines themselves. Google "Cozumel Bar hop". They also do a kids hop which does stop at three stops, at beaches more suitable to kids and without the drink samples I believe but it is not more expensive.

Let us know what you find out.

Not sure where you are seeing this?

The website still shows 4 stops unless it has not been updated. Be careful that you are looking at the original tour and company. There are several "look-alikes" from time to time, including some of the cruiselines themselves. Google "Cozumel Bar hop". They also do a kids hop which does stop at three stops, at beaches more suitable to kids and without the drink samples I believe but it is not more expensive.

Let us know what you find out.

I double checked. I am at the right website. http://www.cozumelbarhop.com/

Under "Tours" it shows the "Kids Hop" and "Beach Hopping". The original "Bar Hop" is gone. I sent an e-mail off to them. I'm still waiting for a reply.

Edited by Fritz

I double checked. I am at the right website. http://www.cozumelbarhop.com/

Under "Tours" it shows the "Kids Hop" and "Beach Hopping". The original "Bar Hop" is gone. I sent an e-mail off to them. I'm still waiting for a reply.

I see the confusion. The 2 tours you mention are "specialty" tours (private and families).

The "regular" Bar Hop is reserved under the "book a tour" tab.

Sent from my phone. Typos are inevitable.

Yes, soccersharon is correct.

The link you showed takes you directly to the "regular" hop. The other two are specialties under the tours tab that I have never actually seen reviewed. I would actually like to read a review from someone who has done the kids family hop.

I'm guessing a lot of people don't even know the hop exists. We did it a couple of weeks ago and even with four ships in port, there were only thirteen people on the hop, and two of them were on a land vacation and had taken the ferry over from the mainland.

Even with a handful of cruisers who hired private drivers and ended up at the same bars, none were crowded. I found it to be a fun and relaxing way to spend the day. We're already planning to do it again next time we end up in Cozumel.

Here to report you were correct....although Coconuts WAS quite crowded *and we had only about 13 on our hop*. Very fun day and we'd do it again next time around!

I see the confusion. The 2 tours you mention are "specialty" tours (private and families).

The "regular" Bar Hop is reserved under the "book a tour" tab.

Ahhh. I see the error of my ways. Thanks to everyone for your input and help.

Edited by Fritz

Going to be in Cozumel on the 9th and they tell me they are sold out. BUT contact them if you are interested and they would consider a 2nd tour. We have our name in.

If you're on a roll call, ask if anyone would like to join you :)

Obviously I am new on cruise critic. I thought this is the roll call. We are now planning to rent a driver and go on our own bar hop - more interested in seeing the east side with a few beers and authentic Mexican food along the way.

• 2 weeks later...

For those who are up in the air about whether or not to book the Cozumel Bar Hop excursion in Cozumel instead of one of the excursions offered through the ship, perhaps the pictures below will help you to make a decision.

I just returned from my second Cozumel Bar Hop on December 1, and even with a much smaller group (10 people) on this hop, my opinion has not changed, the Cozumel Bar Hop is still the best excursion that I have done in my seven visits to Cozumel.

First Stop: Punta Morena

10849816_998595351751_2836901346418754278_n.jpg?oh=9e469d88c6cf82db9ad7537d52addf2c&oe=5509D1F4&__gda__=1426488473_41f18a510aef8a9f1132364d2087e13b

Punta Morena

10848043_998595361731_167821392893292180_n.jpg?oh=2cb9f07d8c50e0eeeb0d620fd73642d5&oe=554488F3

Punta Morena

10641175_998595391671_7630824190046157973_n.jpg?oh=cedd405d99bb095a43d7ad81fdf77c81&oe=55134858

Punta Morena

10380879_998595506441_6851021738100831886_n.jpg?oh=39518f1de715c82d1734d797d748345c&oe=5507E87B&__gda__=1426281080_bd494ee80743bd60a111c125e8403d07

Punta Morena

1013643_998595536381_7192608521549239783_n.jpg?oh=3f0ea0e9a96cce5cefcbac1de5d64e3d&oe=55463433

Punta Morena

10392350_998595561331_5132067271510445440_n.jpg?oh=82b9b2fad763807e4c1f77cd9dba7613&oe=54FB86E0&__gda__=1427648909_659ace390f38a82b871fef39231ebf81