Support Very Slow?

WmFoster

I have a reservation with an inbound airport to ship transfer. The reservation lists the wrong airport. I asked my travel agent to have the airport fixed. He tells me that he has been on the phone for 90 minutes (and still counting) today with Royal about this.

Anybody else experiencing really slow times for seemingly, basic reservation corrections?

[quote name='WmFoster']I have a reservation with an inbound airport to ship transfer. The reservation lists the wrong airport. I asked my travel agent to have the airport fixed. He tells me that he has been on the phone for 90 minutes (and still counting) today with Royal about this.

Anybody else experiencing really slow times for seemingly, basic reservation corrections?[/QUOTE]

While it may seemingly be a simple correction, the process internally may require some time to complete, or they may simply be very busy with their workload with other customers. They probably handle thousands of calls a day. Be patient and let your TA take care of it and get back to you. Edited by leaveitallbehind

[quote name='leaveitallbehind']While it may seemingly be a simple correction, the process internally may require some time to complete, or they may simply be very busy with their workload with other customers. They probably handle thousands of calls a day. Be patient and let your TA take care of it and get back to you.[/quote]

Whether I'm patient or not is irrelevant. In the long run if it costs 90+ minutes to make a change like that, it will cost (you and) me more money. My TA will cost more and RCCL cruises will both cost more to cover that time. I'm asking to see whether I'm the lucky one and should disregard it or whether it is something systemic to make noise about. I didn't find your reply helpful.

[quote name='WmFoster']Whether I'm patient or not is irrelevant. In the long run if it costs 90+ minutes to make a change like that, it will cost (you and) me more money. My TA will cost more and RCCL cruises will both cost more to cover that time. I'm asking to see whether I'm the lucky one and should disregard it or whether it is something systemic to make noise about. I didn't find your reply helpful.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Wasn't being critical - just trying to offer another perspective on what might be going on.

Perhaps a more helpful response would be that in my experience I haven't found their support lacking or of concern in the manner you refer. But make all the noise you want if you feel the need.

Cruise lines handle 1,000's of reservations daily among all their ships, then you figure the amount of people cruising from week to week. When I call in a change or question to our TA, I might wait a few mins to a couple hours to be notified the change, correction or question has been taken care of or answered. Not sure why it would cost you/I more money for a change. Depending on the amount of time or number of days you have been waiting, if your TA is responsible and has assisted you before to your satisfaction then I would wait and let her get the mistake corrected. I don't see how leaveitallbehind could have answered you any differantly. On the otherhand if you have been waiting weeks, then I could understand your concern.

[quote name='Desert Cruizers']Cruise lines handle 1,000's of reservations daily among all their ships, then you figure the amount of people cruising from week to week. When I call in a change or question to our TA, I might wait a few mins to a couple hours to be notified the change, correction or question has been taken care of or answered. Not sure why it would cost you/I more money for a change. Depending on the amount of time or number of days you have been waiting, if your TA is responsible and has assisted you before to your satisfaction then I would wait and let her get the mistake corrected. I don't see how leaveitallbehind could have answered you any differantly. On the otherhand if you have been waiting weeks, then I could understand your concern.[/quote]

From my view Leaveitallbehind would have been better not to answer. I'm looking to see if you have encountered this issue now or recently. I wasn't looking for generalities - maybe this or that. I guess I should have been more specific and said - If this just happened you you, please let me know. If it hasn't no need to reply.

I never said I wasn't patient or I wasn't waiting. My TA voluntarily tells me this took over 90 minutes. That doesn't sound right to them or me.

[quote name='leaveitallbehind']Wow. Wasn't being critical - just trying to offer another perspective on what might be going on.

Perhaps a more helpful response would be that in my experience I haven't found their support lacking or of concern in the manner you refer. But make all the noise you want if you feel the need.[/quote]

Thought I replied with a Thanks this morning but don't see it now. And perhaps I should have taken your original answer to mean "no, not in my experience."

[quote name='leaveitallbehind']Wow. Wasn't being critical - just trying to offer another perspective on what might be going on.

Perhaps a more helpful response would be that in my experience I haven't found their support lacking or of concern in the manner you refer. But make all the noise you want if you feel the need.[/quote]

...or his TA is full of it and didn't make the call but hey, that's just the skeptic in me. ;)