Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Photo Review- Jan 26th, 2014

usckatieh

Loved your review! I don't often read a review word-for-word, but yours was so funny and entertaining, I could not stop. :)

May your DH and my DH never meet... mine packs about 2 hours before we load the car!

Did you have a larger oceanview stateroom? It looked like there was a lot of floor space?

Thanks for the comments everyone! This was just a regular Oceanview- nothing fancy. It did seem like we had a good amount of floor space for the kids to spread out coloring books etc. but the most popular hangout was the Pullman bed! The only place space felt really tight was by the front door/ closet area. The front door, bathroom door and closet all converge there so there was no multitasking in that area!

Edited by usckatieh

Thanks for the comments everyone! This was just a regular Oceanview- nothing fancy. It did seem like we had a good amount of floor space for the kids to spread out coloring books etc. but the most popular hangout was the Pullman bed! The only place space felt really tight was by the front door/ closet area. The front door, bathroom door and closet all converge there so there was no multitasking in that area!

Thank you for responding. That was the 1st pic I have seen from that vantage point and it definitely makes the room look a bit bigger. I have a 3 yo and having a bit of space for him to be able to move around and play makes a big difference.

• 2 weeks later...
Day 1- Time to get on the big boat!

Our Ocean View Room

Here’s a photo of the room from the door

2014FreedomWEB-013.jpg

And one from the window

2014FreedomWEB-014.jpg

The kids LOVED the Pullman bed that came down from the ceiling. That bed was like their own secret loft during the day. It had a little bar across the long side to keep anyone from falling out and a ladder that you can set up and take down to get to the bed. The mattress up there was fairly comfy and definitely sized to fit a medium sized adult. Even with just one side down though, I still managed to whack my head on it a few times when getting up from tying someone’s shoe or something. I meant to grab a picture of it pulled down but I forgot- probably a side effect from all those bed to cranium collisions.

There was a loveseat sized couch that we made up as a bed for my son. It was the perfect size and we turned the bed towards the bathroom wall which made it impossible for him to fall out.

There was also a curtain in the middle of the cabin which, at first, I thought was a genius idea to turn our little studio apartment room into a “suite” but after it was pulled back-and-forth, and open-and-closed approximately 128 times by each of the children, causing my husband to threatened to turn into the Hulk if they touched that curtain ONE MORE TIME, I took back their genius award. If you don’t have little curtain monsters, you may like that feature.

We were debating whether to get an interior room or an ocean view and I’m glad we went with the window. Among maybe benefits, I love being able to watch us pull into port without having to get out of my warm, cozy bed. It was calm most of the trip but on rougher sea days, all of us were amazed to see how big the waves got. And I had a natural alarm clock with the rays of Caribbean sun waking me up each morning. Of course, we usually get up at or before sunrise anyways, so other people may see that as a downside.

Was wondering if you had a refrigerator/minibar and/or coffee pots in your room?

We have only done JS before. We will be in a Large Ocean View this time and don't know what is in the Ocean View!

Any help would be appreciated! :D

USCKATIEH -

What an awesome review of your amazing week in the Eastern Caribbean! Your kids are adorable and looked like they had a wonderful time.

We are sailing 10/19/14 but the itinerary is STT and SXM. Looking to check Maho Beach off my bucket list.....I'm an avid airplane fan.

Thanks again for your review and Go Gamecocks!

Beth and Jennifer (DD, USC class of 2012)

Lexington SC!!!

Was wondering if you had a refrigerator/minibar and/or coffee pots in your room?

We have only done JS before. We will be in a Large Ocean View this time and don't know what is in the Ocean View!

Any help would be appreciated! :D

Hi Tropicalgal! There was a mini-fridge in our room but it was more like a cooler with a door than a fridge. It didn't really keep anything cold. We mostly used the ice bucket. No coffee maker that I noticed.

USCKATIEH -

What an awesome review of your amazing week in the Eastern Caribbean! Your kids are adorable and looked like they had a wonderful time.

We are sailing 10/19/14 but the itinerary is STT and SXM. Looking to check Maho Beach off my bucket list.....I'm an avid airplane fan.

Thanks again for your review and Go Gamecocks!

Beth and Jennifer (DD, USC class of 2012)

Lexington SC!!!

I'm hoping to see Maho too one day when my little boy gets bigger and doesn't mind the noise as much. Go Gamecocks!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Mickev99! Thanks for commenting. I thought it was a bit odd but they only seemed to have AO during lunch on the port days. That did limit what we could plan for adult activities in that time range.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok i finally got my printer fixed. and wanted to print the daily schedules and kids schedules. but now the photos say they are on photo bucket . is there another way to get them .

i am so bummed i cant see them .

it was an awesome i still read all the time to help plan it would love to plan better the days we have

thank you so much for the help and the review

amanda

Hi usckatieh, your review seems fantastic! We are doing the same trip in October and would love to use your notes to help plan. Is there another way to view the pictures, especially the Compass ones? I really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Jen

• 3 weeks later...
so i have 2 kids and am trying to decide if we want to sit with others or not and how long does it take to eat.

thank you

amanda

The smaller the table, the faster dinner will be over. With a small table, it could take as little as an hour.

Also, if you want dinner to go faster, make sure you mention that to your waiter up front. They want to accommodate you.

Edited by clarea

Thank you I am very greatful for the imput. I just changed my info. From yes to no others at table. That is a great tip. I think it will be hard enough to keep them there let alone longer for the hold up for ther other peoples food.

Amanda

something we did made that not avb to us i think it was the pre paid grat. or such. and the on kid who needs to get out the most is the older one and they dont take him

but great idea. i am going to check later on this again thought to see if i can try again thanks for the reminder .

amanda

Have you considered family time dining where the kids club staff take your children after they finish eating? Then you can relax and finish your meal.

Cheryl

To my knowledge, you need to be on traditional early dining to take advantage of My Family Time Dining.