Getaway is amazing!!!

lbt43

I am booked on the Getaway for 3/29. It's my first time that I won't be cruising on Carnival.

Can you tell us exactly what entertainment comes with an extra charge? I know about the Specialty Dining venues, but what about entertainment?

Would love to see a copy of a day or two of the activities they have for teens. We will be on board Mar 22.

I second this! We are traveling on 3/29 with two teenage boys (17) and they have only experienced Carnival up until this point.

I am booked on the Getaway for 3/29. It's my first time that I won't be cruising on Carnival.

Can you tell us exactly what entertainment comes with an extra charge? I know about the Specialty Dining venues, but what about entertainment?

Burn the Floor and Legaly Blonde are free. Howl at the Moon and Grammy Experience are free. The Illusionarium Dinner show is an extra fee. Wine Lovers Lucnh is an extra fee. The comedy performances are free.

Is there lobster served in the MDR? If so what night? Also are the new MDR Menus in full swing?

My wife and I will be on the Getaway in March and would also like to know if (and when) lobster will be served in the MDR. Thanks!

Did you travel with kids? This will be our first with our 4 year old (he will be 5 when we cruise). Just curious of the activities he will be able to participate in. Glad you love her!

He is going to totally Flip Out over the Sponge Bob water park for kids!

Do you know if they have shellac polish/manicures?

Going on the Feb. 22 cruise.

Not sure if this will interest you or not.. but I do my own gelish manicures and my only pet peeve was if I had a nail chip/peel while on a cruise that I would be out of luck if there was no way to get it fixed (we will be doing 16 days in Europe this fall part land and part cruise so easy to figure that I will need to touch up).

At any rate, I found a small 6W LED curing lamp on Amazon for $28 bought a cute little caboodles case to fit everything in, the Gelish basix kit and extra bottles of what I use for my french manicures. I put together a nice little travel kit and have been using it for touch ups at home too. You can add a second coat right on top to repair. Some people think it is too much work to do your own, but what I save in my manicures goes into the cruise fund and we cruise twice a year. ;)

Not sure if this will interest you or not.. but I do my own gelish manicures and my only pet peeve was if I had a nail chip/peel while on a cruise that I would be out of luck if there was no way to get it fixed (we will be doing 16 days in Europe this fall part land and part cruise so easy to figure that I will need to touch up).

At any rate, I found a small 6W LED curing lamp on Amazon for $28 bought a cute little caboodles case to fit everything in, the Gelish basix kit and extra bottles of what I use for my french manicures. I put together a nice little travel kit and have been using it for touch ups at home too. You can add a second coat right on top to repair. Some people think it is too much work to do your own, but what I save in my manicures goes into the cruise fund and we cruise twice a year. ;)

Thanks. I will look into doing that. It was much easier with reg. nail polish, but gel/shellac lasts longer.

Happy sailing.

I had a wonderful time bringing Her from Southampton to New York City. She is a beautiful ship. The art work on Her walls in the public areas is like being in a Art Museum in Miami. She very much as a Miami, south Florida feel to Her. The staff from Captain Rune on down to the wait staff and housekeeping were terrific. I can wait to back on board.

My questions about the Getaway are - could you post the Daylies and the MDR menus? How much is the Illusionarium? How is the spa suite specifically salt room and tile lounges? Is it worth getting a Vibe club pass? How is the food at Moderno? Where is the best place for breakfast? What are the hours for the restaurants?

I really appreciate you taking questions. I hope your cruise is outstanding!

Do you know if they have shellac polish/manicures?

Going on the Feb. 22 cruise.

I can answer that! Yes, they do. And I will follow that up with....it ain't cheap. If you want a full pedicure and the gel/shellac polish it'll run you about $100.:eek: I decided rather quickly ummm, no thank you.

Edited by tarps14

Do they offer a spa pass? If so, how much? What do you get to use? Thanks.

They do - but I don't know the price as we were in a Spa Mini so it was included. You get full access to the Thermal Suite - tile loungers, steam rooms, sauna, salt room, regular loungers, hot tub, thermal pool. Enjoy!