hotels for precruise ft. lauderdale

I am not here for a Cruise this time :-(..... Im here b/c my sister is going to college in Fort Laud and i knew everyone on cruisecritic would have info on the hotels there..

We have stayed at the embassy suites many of tiimes and loved them i just heard that many people were saying its old so i wanted to make sure its good

Yankee Clipper is an older hotel and a bit past it's prime, but the location is great. It's suppose to be in for a major remodel soon, but I don't believe a start date has been set yet.

Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale is fine, just getting a bit worn around the edges, but not bad. It's in the process of being remodeled now. I understand they're starting at the top and working down with all rooms to be renovated by the end of the year.

dougp26364:

We stayed at the Comfort Inn that you are going to be staying at in 2003. It was wonderful then. It had a great Omelette bar and full breakfast free. It was also so convenient with the free shuttle to and from the pier and the airport.

We're looking to book with them again next July when we sail out of Miami. We just need to check and make sure that they still have the shuttle to Miami also.

We've also read the reviews and they are very mixed. I just know from our experience it was great for the money.

If anyone else has any other info, let us know.

Has anybody ever stayed in the Holiday INN Express hotel on 17th we are planning on staying there for a pre-cruise. There rate for Feb 13th is 128 dollars for 1 night. Any feed back would be helpful

That's easy. The Embassy Suites. But don't book directly with them. Use priceline/biddingfortravel.com. If it is not a busy time of the year, then you should be able to get it for about $60/night.

I didn't realize Embassy was coming up again on Priceline. (Our Son books for us on PL.) What month did you get this price? Thanks.

Last September we stayed a night at Pier66 and found the accomodations to be very nice. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. We booked for a total price of $99 on Priceline. We would stay there again.

This year we booked the Embassy Suites for September on Embassy Suites website. Cost with taxes is about $130. This price does include free drinks from 5 to 7pm in the lobby area and also a full free breakfast. It is also within walking distance to many stores so all in all will work out to be cheaper than last years stay.

TrentS

I have a room reserved at the Holiday Inn Express 1150W State Rd 84.

Do you think I should change it to the Holiday Inn Express SE 17?

Regards

Speedwell

I would if it were me... SE 17th Street is a much safer location, with a lot more shops, restaurants, etc. that you can SAFELY and easily walk to. It's also a lot closer to both the airport and port.

We had a nice 1 night precruise stay here in May. VERY new propoerty. We got the rate that included breakfast, and it was quite good. I needed to fax something back to my office, the front desk staff was very helpful and didn't charge me anything. We had a rental car so we didn't use the shuttles, but they had shuttles to/from airport and to port everglades.

Best of luck!

Volleymasha

We stayed here one night post cruise, very nice hotel, nice staff, beautiful new rooms. Small, but nice pool, a good exercise facility. Restaurant serves a decent breakfast.

One consideration with this hotel (especially vs. the 17th St. area hotels) is a lack of restaurants, grocery stores, etc. Only Islamorada Fish Company and Subway are within walking distance, everything else is a good distance away (at least this was the case in March '04). A huge Bass Pro Shops is attached to the Fish Company, that's about all the retail action for this area.

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for a FLL hotel for one night, Feb. 12th. Can anyone tell me which ones that have been mentioned or they have stayed at have balcony rooms? It sounds like 17th St. area is the place to stay. Ocean front would be nice but I doubt that I can justify the price for only being there and being awake a few hours for one evening. February is expensive!

We are a family of 7 arriving in FLL late the night before our cruise from Miami. Did we make a bad choice flying into FLL, it was significantly cheaper? Also, what is the best hotel to accomodate us for the night, with a shuttle from the airport and perhaps to the Miami pier? If there is no hotel that will transport us to the Miami pier, what is the best way for all 7 of us to get to the pier?

Thanks

We have used priceline three times for a precruise stay in FLL. Each time I have entered 3 stars in the airport area and everytime I got the Sheraton for $50. It's a very nice hotel and their shuttle will run you over to the port.

I'm looking for a FLL hotel for one night, Feb. 12th. Can anyone tell me which ones that have been mentioned or they have stayed at have balcony rooms? It sounds like 17th St. area is the place to stay. Ocean front would be nice but I doubt that I can justify the price for only being there and being awake a few hours for one evening. February is expensive!

These SE17th Street hotels have balconies...

Embassy Suites... http://www.embassysuites.com/en/es/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=FLLSOES

Marina Marriott... http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/FLLFL

Archived