Paradise or Elation

sunny delight

I am looking to book a very last minute cruise on one of these 2 ships. Both are within driving distance for me to Tampa or New Orleans. Similar itineraries and I know these are sister ships. There will be 3 of us including a 16 yr old. Any thoughts on these 2 ships? Should I book this weekend or keep watching to see if the rate goes any lower for Feb 17 sailing? Thanks!

I also love the Elation. But it only has the one water slide in the pool. I'm a old guy and don't need the slides. The Elation has a great crew

also

The Paradise only has one slide too, that said, we just enjoyed a great cruise on the Paradise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have sailed both and enjoyed them equally. The Elation, to me, has a more glitzy, vegas vibe while the Paradise is a little more subdued. The Elation's Atrium is one of the most beautiful across the fleet.

Edited by 2bthereagain

I LOVE "Paradise", and have sailed her over, and over again. She doesn't have the dreaded 2.0 upgrades yet, so the shows are MUCH better aboard "Paradise". Crew is fantastic, food outstanding, and just a wonderful cruise overall. You won't go wrong with "Paradise". :cool:

"SKY"

I have never been on the Paradise, but I was on the Elation last summer and loved it! beautiful, small ship, never seemed overly crowded, no chair hogs, friendly crew... and like stated above, everyone needs to cruise down the Mississippi at least once in their lives! It's amazing!

I have not been on either but went out of New Orleans two years ago. It is the best port that I have been out of. It is such a great experience and the people that get on seemed to be a different crowd than the ones going out of Florida.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app