Aggravation and only 3 days into booking.

Tutankhamen

I feel your pain with tech support. I booked a cruise 2 days ago over the phone. The rep said I had multiple lattitudes accounts and she was going to fix that. Well, when I got the confirmation I was listed as living at a whole different address. Called in again and had that problem fixed. Next, I could no longer log into my account at NCL. The next agent I spoke to said I had to speak to tech support. After a 47 minute wait on hold a tech support person reset my password which took about 2 seconds. I guess long hold times are the norm.

I can assure you that when I have booked with other lines, I did not have to create 3 different accounts at their website. I had separate booking numbers but could pay all cabins with one payment.

As for the "this is the way it is done at NCL" does not mean one should not share what they think of the practice.

I think most of us understand your frustration, especially with all the emails: That is what would annoy me the most, but 3 reservations, 3 conf numbers just isn't a big deal and I can assure you Princess and HAL handle multiple cabins the same way.

Having separate (personal) logins for each reservation is how it is done with NCL, no mess ups there unlike what LrgPizza said.

Yes, clearly the first customer rep could have done the bookings originally with right passenger info but other than that, the rant contained nothing unusual about the booking process - yes, it might not be what you're used to with other lines but that's the way it's done with NCL.

Again, it was everything. being on hold for hours. Getting disconnected. Tons of emails. Having 13 payments. 4 payments alone of three cabins. Booking limited excursions and fearing that it may sell out before purchasing for all cabins.

I can assure you Royal has a better system in place.

I like analogies. I love my car. It is my favorite car I have ever own. But don't get me started on the trunk. Poor poor design. Doesn't mean I don't love my car. I see the flaw in the trunk design.

Yeah. I can't imagine hating everything that isn't perfect like some of these people expect us all to do. That would make for one miserable existence, that's for sure.

Yeah. I can't imagine hating everything that isn't perfect like some of these people expect us all to do. That would make for one miserable existence, that's for sure.

Truth is, I am so excited about this upcoming cruise! Haven't sailed NCL in many years. So not sure what to expect.

It is fun researching a newer line. CC not working correctly has certainly hindered my research. I guess CC sucks too!!

At any rate you will enjoy the Breakaway. She's a fabulous ship.

Make sure you go to the ice bar. I've heard the rope course is great too. I watched my nephew do it and he loved it.

Anxious to do the water slide. Kids are afraid. hahaha

Hi Tut, that indeed is aggravating and sorry you had a tedious booking experience! You mentioned you are all set and ready to go...I am going to suggest you also bring confirmation of all your pre booked items that you mentioned earlier...just in case there is an issue on board (which I hope there is not), you will have printouts in hand.

Enjoy the ship with your group and enjoy the water slides!

Coka

Just have an open mind and remember even a sub par cruise is better than work and enjoy the time with friends and family.

What makes you think it will be sub par? Can you be more negative? Edited by LrgPizza

I also understand your frustration.The initial start of the actual Sale is what got this whole ball rolling in the wrong direct. Sadly it is the way of the times NCL has jumped feet first into treating most of the phone sales like boiler room sales.(Trust me I hate it as well, I have been in sales far too many years and hate this approach) They think this is the way to go in selling. Most of the phone sales are high pressure will not take no for an answer. Do not even think to tell them full your name and phone number and that you have a future cruise deposit because I know of several instances where people ended up having a reservation when they did not even ask to have it and was only getting a price. :( But I will also state that this was sort of mirrored from Carnival and their selling Technic but NCL probably took it a step further. The only way to kind of get away is to have a PCC at NCL or to contact a Travel Agent. Also don't be surprised to also have this happen with RCI if you do not already have a PCC they are all moving in this direct.

The bad part about this while their sales have increased dramatically so have their cancellations :rolleyes: But of course upper management does not see that :D

Then being on hold with the cruise lines... sadly tis the Season... Yes Wave Season trust me hold times are actually much longer with Celebrity and RCI than they are with NCL. I think that the cruise lines underestimated the amount of phone reps they needed for this years busy season. NCL I do know has been hiring many new Reps not so sure about the others.

OK the separate accounts like being mentioned I am also scratching my head at how you even had separate cabins with other cruise lines without having separate reservations numbers and did not have to sign in separately for each one. I know some cruise lines such as Princess, HAL and RCI can make payments with one credit card and apply at once if there is a group set up but as far as you signing on line, no. Unless you have one of the Large Family Suites on RCI then they will assign one reservation number for you to use but there really could be two to three real reservation numbers. It does sound like you have most things handled at this point. A little advice, there is a right way of doing things, there is a wrong way of doing things, then there is the way that Norwegian Cruise Lines does things :D...all the complaining in the world is not going to change what happened and how the company handles things, it is what it is..... Just relax and know that really your family is going to have a fantastic time. Just my personal opinion I rate NCL higher than RCI ;)

I feel your pain with tech support.....The next agent I spoke to said I had to speak to tech support. After a 47 minute wait on hold a tech support person reset my password which took about 2 seconds. I guess long hold times are the norm.

The saying "we are currently experiencing higher the normal call volume, please hold the line and one our our reps will be with you shortly" is customer service speak for "we have cut the number of reps we have way down to improve our profits and we know you will wait if we give you a BS excuse"

Edited by jimsig

Truth is, I am so excited about this upcoming cruise! Haven't sailed NCL in many years. So not sure what to expect.

It is fun researching a newer line. CC not working correctly has certainly hindered my research. I guess CC sucks too!!

I hope you enjoy your cruise. My experiences with booking cruises and multiple cabins have been great with NCL. No issues and I have not found anything of concern.

Edited by newbe dave

What makes you think it will be sub par? Can you be more negative?

Hey keep your mouth shut I never said it would be sub par I've been on many cruises non of witch are sub par a vacation is what you make of it it was a statement that if it is a sub par cruise to have fun any way you should stay out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hey keep your mouth shut I never said it would be sub par I've been on many cruises non of witch are sub par a vacation is what you make of it it was a statement that if it is a sub par cruise to have fun any way you should stay out of it.

Is that a sentence? By the way, I didn't open my mouth to type that.

I feel your pain with tech support. I booked a cruise 2 days ago over the phone. The rep said I had multiple lattitudes accounts and she was going to fix that. Well, when I got the confirmation I was listed as living at a whole different address. Called in again and had that problem fixed. Next, I could no longer log into my account at NCL. The next agent I spoke to said I had to speak to tech support. After a 47 minute wait on hold a tech support person reset my password which took about 2 seconds. I guess long hold times are the norm.

Only a 45 min wait. Your lucky! I can't count the times I've heard the "A representative will be with you shorty" recording. I finally hung up on NCL after 2 hours and 20 min. with the phone to my ear. Just to ask why our reservations haven't shown up yet for two days now (so that I can complete the required paperwork). A message for NCL is "It's past time to weed the heard". Ya think? Customer Service at NCL is non-existent! It seems that once they have your money, your no one!

Really? That is how I have always done it. I am beginning to think the first guy was new, as I said in my first post. It was very evident in the way he stumbled with the sales pitch. Once he made the courtesy hold and had reservations, it was a done deal. The error on their website was a separate issue that compounded my frustration.

This may also explain the duplicate emails for each reservation.

I am going to call NCL and see if I can get a PCC as some have suggested. Thanks to those who have helped with suggestions and not derail the thread by calling names or the like.

I will keep those who are interested updated on how this progresses. For those who do not wish to contribute anything of value, please move along.

I just completed a blended family cruise, two cabins, linked reservations. One of my step children in each cabin, dh, I and our daughter in one dh's ex wife and her husband in another. We were able to call shore excursion desk schedule everything including pulling one stepchild from the opposite cabin for excursions with mom on one day and with dad on another day. Then we each paid for the excursions we were responsible for including charges for the child not booked in "our" cabin. If NCL could keep that straight you should not be having this many problems. Call the shore excursion desk directly if you need the number let me know and I will post it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Sparkygirl

I have always booked directly with the line. I know what I want. I have never had to, but I like to have the ability to call the line direct if an issue arises and changes need to be made. I have always heard if you use a TA and need to make changes you have to call your TA, who calls the line, who calls you back. Just seems easier to call the line myself.

I don't know, I think I am just going to leave everything as it is. Nothing more to do but to pack and set sail.

The OPs experience would seem to indicate that having a TA deal with the line would have saved him a lot of time and frustration. The quality of PCCs or CSRs or whatever terminology is used to describe people who are basically order takers varies considerably and I would guess that many of them have never even been on a cruise ship, so the amount of accurate information they can offer is questionable at best. Let the TA deal with being on hold for 50 minutes and dealing with some of the people that the OP encountered and he or she will have more than earned the commission and the cost will be the same for the OP regardless of whether he booked on his own or used a TA.

Interesting! We have called five times to book our reservations NCL. Never a problem, outside of being on hold and I hate that no matter what, they could not have been more pleasant, courteous, efficient! Never to many e mails always kept us up to date. We love NCL, except for the Epic!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Unless you have anything positive to add do not say or type anything you are rude

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hello, kettle. I was the one defending the OP from your rudeness! And as a result you told me to shut my mouth. Seriously? Get real.