Anyone checked into the one day offer?

mared1

Has anyone checked with Carnival on the one day sail - today was a preview for past cruisers and tomorrow for anyone. If all they offer is $100 as a credit - I don't see that as being a big incentive to buy from Carnival.

This special is not special at all. This rate is based on the supersaver fare but you actualy are paying more then if you were to buy their sale on their short four or five day cruise on sale now. Travel agent said about $70.00 dollars more. Look for the $329-349 4-5 day cruise sale.

Seems I get "One Day Sale" and "Biggest Sale Ever" emails twice a week. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I booked for November on the Ecstasy and was given a really good deal by just asking the PVP what they had available for past cruiers. The special was not advertised anywhere else that I could find.

My gripe is that I am a frequent Carnival cruiser who books early to try and get the best pricing and cabin selection on the ship. I send in my deposit and then I get E-mails telling me I could have got a better deal if I had only waited. Then if you read the fine print (very fine), you will see the now famous prohibition specifically negating any currently booked cruisers. I know it makes perfect legal sense (and I am sure their legal staff had a go at it) but from a marketing sense, why put a stick in the eye of your best customers. Yes, it is their right and yes they can do any thing they want and yes it is not much of a reduction but no, it still smacks of arrogance. Why do any thing that irratates your better customers?

In any event, I still will not give up cruising. I am still booked for my March cruise on the Liberty. I am still sailing Carnival. When I get these E-mails, however, I always get the urge to take up their challenge and see if I could do better especially when they say you can not cancel a cruise to get a reduction. Oh really?

They are still higher than their base military rates.

Not to jump on you in particular, Comeaux, but I wish people would stop referring to the price as a "base military rate." There is no such thing as a "base military rate." :eek: The military discount is a floating discount based on the capacity of the ship, how many people have already booked, how many of those used the military discount, what category of cabin you are booking, etc.

It ranges from $0 to $200 pp depending on all of those things.

The website that publishes the "military rate" is misleading. It's a discount. And the discount varies, and fluctuates. It is not always the same.

Well the way I see it, if you were gonna book anyway then yesterday or today was the way to go. I mean hey $100 is $100! We had planned to book a cruise with my mom and MIL anyway for Mothers Day so we did yesterday and the $100 on board credit was just gravy. Plus our rate was discounted as well about $40/pp off the lowest price I've seen anywhere on the web including Carnival, Expedia, Overstock, Travelocity etc.. So I think we made out pretty well!

Tam

I, too, get these "Biggest Sale Ever emails twice a week"

Yesterday, I spoke with a rep from Carnival and he gave me a price for the 8/28 Valor, but he said I couldn't get the $100 credit because it was only for oceanview rooms or higher?!?

Anyone else find this?

Yes.

Please read the "fine print" on the E-mail, specifically:

"Valid in categories 6A-12. Excludes all interior categories and category IS/OV/BL/ST."

I, too, get these "Biggest Sale Ever emails twice a week"

Yesterday, I spoke with a rep from Carnival and he gave me a price for the 8/28 Valor, but he said I couldn't get the $100 credit because it was only for oceanview rooms or higher?!?

Anyone else find this?

I could not believe the price that the PVP gave me yesterday... it was a joke! And because we are travelling the day after Thanksgiving, she said our cruise did not qualify.

SO>> I got a quote from my favorite online travel agency.... which was almost 500 dollars less than Carnival! :) :) :)

Needless to say... I booked it!

I have heard many people they got deals on Carnival's sales... just this one was a stinker.

Catrin

I could not believe the price that the PVP gave me yesterday... it was a joke! And because we are travelling the day after Thanksgiving, she said our cruise did not qualify.

SO>> I got a quote from my favorite online travel agency.... which was almost 500 dollars less than Carnival! :) :) :)

Needless to say... I booked it!

I have heard many people they got deals on Carnival's sales... just this one was a stinker.

Catrin

Would you email me the name of the online travel agency you used? marejmc@hotmail.com - Thanks

I posted on this board about 6 weeks ago that for the first time in 4 cruises, our PVP couldn't get us a great rate.

The result was we shopped around other cruise lines to see what was out there and we have booked a 10-day Caribbean cruise with Princess. After 6 cruises with Carnival, our 7th will include 6 ports we have never visited before.

We are paying about the same for a 10-day on Princess as we would with back to back 7 day cruises with Carnival. We feel we cannot compare since it's apples to oranges, but if we're happy with our cruise experience in the end, then it's all worth it!

CityWoman

Archived