Crown and Anchor prioroty check in?

leighi123

What does "priority check in" mean?

We want to get on the ship as soon as we possibly can! What is the best way to do this? Best time to arrive? We don't mind waiting if we can get on sooner.

Also, when is the last possible time you can get off? We are being picked up by car from port, so no need to rush off for a flight or anything. :)

Not much. They have so many check in lines at the pier its usually very fast for everyone

Priority boarding would only mean something if you were early checking in and were in a suite or upper c&a and then it might only gain you 10 or 15 min utes

Otherwise everyone just boards when you get there if boarding has already started.

Depends on your cruise, guess 9am

Edited by setsail

Not much. They have so many check in lines at the pier its usually very fast for everyone

Priority boarding would only mean something if you were early checking in and were in a suite or upper c&a and then it might only gain you 10 or 15 min utes

Otherwise everyone just boards when you get there if boarding has already started.

Depends on your cruise, guess 9am

Yep, I've yet to see a "priority line" that looked any faster than all the others:D

Most ships will start boarding passengers around 11am. If you get to the pier between 10:15 and 10:30 you should be one of the first on board.

If you do self debarkation ( carry your own luggage off ) the you could stretch it out and leave the ship by maybe 10 at he latest. If you do not want to carry your own luggage off hen go to guest services and ask for the highest # luggage tag available.

Most ships will start boarding passengers around 11am. If you get to the pier between 10:15 and 10:30 you should be one of the first on board.

If you do self debarkation ( carry your own luggage off ) the you could stretch it out and leave the ship by maybe 10 at he latest. If you do not want to carry your own luggage off hen go to guest services and ask for the highest # luggage tag available.

Thanks, 10:30 sounds good to me (we live a little over an hours drive away).

I don't mind carrying bags, we will only have 1-2 between the 2 of us, and they have wheels!

Just so you know there will not really be anything for you to do but sit around and wait to get off the ship.

Well we won't have to wake up super early, and we can take our time with breakfast. Seems like last time somehow we had to get off fairly early and it was a rush/crowd, I'd rather take my time.

Well we won't have to wake up super early, and we can take our time with breakfast. Seems like last time somehow we had to get off fairly early and it was a rush/crowd, I'd rather take my time.
You'll have to check the time breakfast is available on the day of disembarkation as opening times are not as long as during the cruise as the staff need to prepare for the new sailing. So you may not be able to take your time with breakfast before departing.

I usually arrive at the port around 10:30-11:00 as well, but you have to Keep in mind if there are any delays check-in might not be open and even once they open check-in they might not start Boarding. So be prepared to wait and while far from being the norm I´ve encountered wait times of many hours - worst was no embarkation until 4pm:eek: - Yes this was a rare, so far one time in over 20 years occurance.

If you want to leave late, carrying your bags off yourself does nothing for you. This is only of importance if you want to be amongst the first ones off. If you want to leave late, just make sure you get into one of the last Groups. Once the last Group is called you Need to leave anyway, there is no lingering around on the last day.

IME the last day is always a rush/crowd. You usually have to be out of your cabin no later than 8am and breakfast times are fairly limited as well. So sleeping in and having a later leisurly breakfast is rather impossible on the last day.

For the crew you are a Thing of the past at this time and all they want is to get rid of you ASAP to get ready for the next set of passengers that start lingering around check-in at 10:00-10:30am;) eagerly waiting to get onboard being welcomed by a sparkly and shining ship.

Just so you know there will not really be anything for you to do but sit around and wait to get off the ship.

I agree. The ship will be swarming with people getting off, chaos in the halls and stairwells, just not really a great or relaxing atmosphere to hang around.....:rolleyes: We've disembarked in San Juan the past four years with plans to stay in town for three days, and have seen no reason to hang around a chaotic atmosphere on the ship.

Edited by bouhunter

Also, the room stewart starts knocking and unlocking the doors usually around 8-8:30 to speed you up... I would expect you will be getting off the ship about 8:30 to 9am. Then sometimes there is a wait to do immigration or whatever they call it... The last cruise I did I was surprised to wait in line on deck, and in the long hall way to have my documents checked before I could get my luggage. We waited about an hour from 8-9!!! We were in suites and Diamond plus...... there are no perks leaving after 8 am.

What does "priority check in" mean?

We want to get on the ship as soon as we possibly can! What is the best way to do this? Best time to arrive? We don't mind waiting if we can get on sooner.

Also, when is the last possible time you can get off? We are being picked up by car from port, so no need to rush off for a flight or anything. :)

I am in the same situation in May. Want to be on as soon as possible and leave as late as possible. Thanks for all the tips.

We are new Platinum members who showed up at noon.

We just cruised out of Port Everglades on the Liberty. From the back of a long line outside we moved steadily towards the front of the terminal entrance. Once we hit the front of the building there was a sign that said Priorty Check-in. I asked the staff at the sign if that included us, and he said yes and opend the chain/rope letting us in. We bypassed many other cruisers who seemed to look at us with envy as we walked quickly into the building, and into a very short line for Platinum and above. From the start of the long line outside, to getting our Sea Pass card, it took 21 minutes. WOW!

We used the Valet Luggage Option for disembarkation @ $20 pp. This includes your airline boarding pass, and you never see your luggage until you reach your final destination. We left the ship when we were ready, but still encountered a long line, but it moved steadily.

C&A members, regardless of their departure lounge (and luggage tag number) can use the uncrowded Botticelli MDR on Deck #5 as a waiting area where coffee and pastries are available. They have a staff at the entrance to the dining room who asks for your departure number so she can call you when it is time to leave. We told her that we were using the Luggage Valet and she said we could leave whenever we wished. My wife sat and had coffee while she read her book, and I ran around taking more photos. When I was done I went back to join her for coffee until we were ready to leave shortly after 10am, but we could have stayed longer. There were still a lot people on the ship.

Edited by Roce48