How comfortable are the beds on the Dawn?

cmoose

Yes, beds in full suites (categories starting with letter S) are different from lower category cabins, mini-suites and down.

We have never had any problem with any of the beds on NCL ships, suites or non-suites.

Has NCL changed their mattresses? I found the mattresses superb on a Jade Mediterranean cruise a few years back, and tore the bed apart to figure out what I was sleeping on. It was a German brand, but after doing some research, found out that it was a solid latex (not memory foam) mattress. Evidently they are more popular in Europe than the states.

Long story short, I bought one when I got back home. Latex is about twice as expensive as a good quality innerspring mattress, but I have never regretted the decision.

Can't speak for the suites but the aft cabin we just came from had a brick. The steward did bring an extra foam pad which made it bearable.

It has been a while since I was on the Dawn (2005) in a balcony , but it was the best mattress I have ever slept on. We have since been on the Jewel twice (2011 and 2013) in mini-suites and those mattresses are a close second best.

Edited by ncklhaus