Can Balcony Discount be adjusted as we are Emerald going to Diamond cruise in 3 weeks

We recently purchased a cruise and got a discount for Emerald as we booked a balcony. If you are Diamond there is a higher discount.

We are cruising in a few days which will take us to 82 points so technically we will be Diamond after we leave the ship. We have another cruise 1 week later (the cruise we booked and got emerald balcony discount). Are we able to request the difference in discount as we will be Diamond before we board our following cruise? Does this make sense?

I'll do anything for a discount!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Once you are done with the trip that makes you diamond, you can call RCCL and see if they will adjust the price for you - but you may be out of luck.

On another note - your check in for the next trip will probably reflect you as Emerald members - a quick stop by the LA should get that problem taken care of (if it occurs), as it can take a few days for C&A to update your cruise points;)

I didn't know if we would be eligible or not as the loyalty sales person on the ship we bought the cruise gave us so many different answers, many were wrong, and she charged the wrong credit card for our booking and really had no clue. I thought there must be a rule or something

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We did three cruises (2 were B2B) last year & we booked when we were still gold, so no balcony discount. But after the 1st of the three we were platinum.

We saw the C&A officer on board & they arranged a refund for us of the platinum balcony discount for the final 2 cruises, so it can be done. :)

I thought it could be done but the rep in board who sold the cruise said not after final payment, I didn't trust this but she was having none of it. We are going in 5 days on the same ship and she is the only person selling cruises. I want my discount! I think I will call the call centre after we are diamond on our next cruise :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I know of a person on a b2b2b and the 3rd leg was adjusted accordingly as the next level was reached with the 2nd leg. Her TA contacted RCI before the 1st cruise to advise them of the possible increase in loyalty discount, they agreed and adjusted her bill accordingly.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were on a b2b last year on the Adventure and turned diamond after the first cruise. We spoke with the loyalty ambassador during the first week and she told us to come back on the first day of the second cruise to have everything adjusted. We had no problems at all getting the extra discount. I believe it was refunded back to my credit card, but I can't quite remember.

Some Loyalty Ambassadors are better than others. You are certainly entitled to the discount once you have completed your Diamond cruise. Make sure the person you check in with on the ship[ is the primary LA, not one of the assistants. If that doesn't work, call the C&A rep, not the main call center. As a last resort, contact the Resolutions Department.

You may want to contact the C&A desk or Resolutions after the first cruise and before the second. It is always easier to get stuff like this done before the fact instead of after the fact.