Price Drop Reflection T/A

Cruzinram

IF you haven't made your final payment yet. and IF the price for the veranda is from Celebrity, and not a travel agent, they should allow you to change. One other thing, if you booked under a promo, such as 1-2-3, that might be in jeopardy, I'm not sure though on that part.

BTW, My agent has also lowered the package price down to what I paid for the inside cabin.

Please post what happens on your upgrade. I am on the same cruise and was able to take advantage of the guarantee balcony as it was also available before final payment. According to celebrity you can upgrade as long as the cost is more than what you paid. A good travel agent should be able to go to bat for you in case of a problem.

I would bet prices will go down again on this cruise several more times before sailing based on recent price drops of the TAs leaving shortly before this one. (Silhouette and equinox).

Good luck:D

Last year on Silhouette, the balcony guarantees got down to $679! Not looking that good for this year, but I believe the port charges are higher because of all the European stops vs the Caribbean ports last year. Watching and waiting. . .

Aqua prices on the equinox TA this april went as low as 1,099pp during exciting deals but i think they may be back up now.

I was on the Adriatic cruise right before the silhouette TA last December 1 and wished I could have stayed on at those bargain basement prices. But prices this year probably wont go as low.

Predicting prices is about as reliable as timing the stock market or betting in Vegas. Lol

Anne

OOOPS. My fault. I misread the sailing dates. The package I purchased is not even on the web site now, and the one I was looking at is for the Oct sailing. So, it looks like I may be stuck with the inside cabin. The price for my package did not come down, in fact, it is no longer on the site. I bet they pulled it after the Celebrity price drop. This happens to me everytime I book just a little to early. Drives me crazy. Happy with we got, but sure would like to have had a veranda at the lower cost.

I was kicking myself for missing this sale. Lo and behold, it showed up this morning again. I called my online TA and booked a veranda guarantee for $949 plus tax, etc. I checked on Celebrity's web site and my reservation was there, along with a cabin number, this was shortly after noon. It was a 1C. I checked for other 1Cs that were available that might have a more preferred location. Location isn't something I would pay for. I found three at midship. I called my TA and my first charge was mine, at no extra charge. Did I mention that they also gave me a $225 obc?

I was kicking myself for missing this sale. Lo and behold, it showed up this morning again. I called my online TA and booked a veranda guarantee for $949 plus tax, etc. I checked on Celebrity's web site and my reservation was there, along with a cabin number, this was shortly after noon. It was a 1C. I checked for other 1Cs that were available that might have a more preferred location. Location isn't something I would pay for. I found three at midship. I called my TA and my first charge was mine, at no extra charge. Did I mention that they also gave me a $225 obc?

I Hit the wrong button, I wasn't done.

I booked my air from Rome to Phoenix, using choiceair.com. British Airway had the best price and times. When I got my conformation code I went to British Airway's site to see if I could improve my seats. It must be my lucky day as I was able to grab exit row seats on both the flight from Rome to London and from London to Phoenix at no extra charge.

I booked the flight from Phoenix to Ft. Lauderdale, to start the cruise directly from the airline as they were about $150 p.p. cheaper.

Just as I predicted, I just received the notice that the April 26 sailing of the reflection TA is going to be listed on exciting deals this Tuesday. Price for a guarantee veranda is $799 per person.

Looks like prices may be going down considerably on this cruise although exciting deals is only for new bookings.

Many other TAs also on sale too.

Stay tuned....:D

Did the OBC come from the TA or Celebrity? We are looking at booking this cruise, the Tuesday Special will be $899 for a veranda. Reflection veranda at $799. I prefer the Reflection itinerary, it's one day longer, I like the ports better, but a bunch of our cruzin' buddies from last year's TA will be on Silhouette. . .

It was from the TA. Because of the low price, Celebrity offered nothing.

Hmmm. Good to know. I have seen smaller OBC's offered but nothing that good. I wonder of it's combinable with the shareholders credit? Course since I don't know who it is, it doesn't really matter ;)

I just can not seem to find a good T/A. None of the ones I have done business with want to do the work. All they seem to want to do, is book the quick cruises, and not do anything on your behalf. I have been through about four different agents and companies, and it is always the same. I have a call and email to my agent regarding the price drops, and as I expected, she is ignoring me. Same company I have done business with before, but different agent. This is a large online agency based in Florida near one of the ports. I understand under certain situations, Celebrity will not allow changes, but I do expect a response from my calls and emails. I think I will just go back to doing it myself, as have done in the past. I am just trying to make it little easy on myself, but it seems I am the best person to look out for my best interest.

Hmmm. Good to know. I have seen smaller OBC's offered but nothing that good. I wonder of it's combinable with the shareholders credit? Course since I don't know who it is, it doesn't really matter ;)

Let me explain the obc. The regular obc was $175. The online travel agent gives you an obc to use for a future cruise after you completed the one you booked, it's called a Loyalty gift. After cruises 1-5 you get $25, after 5-10 you get $50, after 15-20 you get $75, etc. It's per cabin and is entirely combineable with any thing else. So $175 plus an extra $50 equals $225.

This was my 10th cruise with them so a couple of weeks after I get home, I'll get an electpnic voucher worth $75.

They are based in New Hampshire and are one of the agencies named by Cruise Critic as an option.

I am also on the Reflection's TA in April. We were in an inside GTY. I monitored the prices and got my price adjusted down three times before final payment. I "saved" enough to more than pay for the balcony GTY upgrade today. I felt I'd better do it now before it was put on the Tuesday Special and then would only be for new bookings.

But I am going to monitor the pricing....because next time I may just wait until after final and book. Our time is totally flexible and Choice Air doesn't seem to fluctuate on one way flights....

Okay, now I know, I have used them too. Thanks! I will call to see what they're offering when Tuesday rolls around.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Keep in mind, as the price of the cruise goes down, so does the obc. The obc is them giving you part of their commission. As there commission goes down, so does your cut.

I am also on the Reflection's TA in April. We were in an inside GTY. I monitored the prices and got my price adjusted down three times before final payment. I "saved" enough to more than pay for the balcony GTY upgrade today. I felt I'd better do it now before it was put on the Tuesday Special and then would only be for new bookings.

But I am going to monitor the pricing....because next time I may just wait until after final and book. Our time is totally flexible and Choice Air doesn't seem to fluctuate on one way flights....

Helen,

I am with YOU, if only I had the discipline to wait. And then the onetime I wait will be the time that the ship gets sold out before final payment. lol

I was able to save alot of money on the reflection TA by changing to the balcony guarantee right before final payment but I am still hoping to be able to upgrade back to something a little better if Celebrity reduces the regular or senior prices further of higher priced cabins.

You have to be flexible to play this game but sometimes it really pays! See you on the reflection one way or the other!

Anne

I know! It feels like gambling and there is a reason I don't gamble; I like sure things! I had planned to wait until after final payment to book the Reflection. But then the prices just never dropped. I booked last year's Silhouette spring TA before final payment for a great price. I guess I got afraid this would be the year/cruise that the prices just never went down and then I'd be cursing myself that I hadn't booked.

But the prices are so crazy! I specifically booked the inside GTY because I figured if balconies dropped into my price range I could upgrade. Well, if I hadn't been vigilant about monitoring the inside price drops I would NOT have been able to upgrade because the balcony GTYs are now LOWER than the initial price I had for an inside GTY booked!

Sigh. Now all I have to do is wait (I hate waiting) and hope I don't end up staring straight at the lifeboats in a 2D.

But we will see you on board!

I hear you guys. I am doing the watching and waiting game, and it's uncomfortable! So far it's paid off, prices are coming down, but it's still kind of scary. We are waffling between Reflection and Silhouette; there are still over 200 open cabins on Reflection which makes me think prices will get lower still.

Last year we caved in because there was one specific cabin we wanted, and it was the right choice. But after tracking them for so long, it gave us the courage to try this year to wait it out. But :eek::eek:;)