My view on Specialty restaurants

Please feel free to reference ANY post I have made that has in any way insinuated mine is the only opinion that counts. I'll wait here patiently for you to do so.

I have better things to do with my time. Plus, no matter what I show you, I doubt you'll be convinced.

Another point is that the Navigator took away some free public spaces for the new pay restaurants. No more deck 14 card room and Cloud 9, or deck 3/4 disco. I think the Viking Crown on deck 14 is the disco now, which I guess means one less place for live music at night.

Edited by Jimnbigd

I have better things to do with my time. Plus, no matter what I show you, I doubt you'll be convinced.

Then maybe you shouldn't make baseless accusations you can't or won't back up. It seems the only one here who has been intolerant of differing opinions is you.

I'm sorry that I don't agree with you. I completely respect your opinion, I just don't happen to share it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having differing opinions. And when someone has a differing opinion, they usually share WHY. That is what has happened here. You propose that this trend will stop if we all object to it. And you are likely correct. However, I do not believe you have given any merit to the fact that a good number of us do not WANT to see this trend stop. However all you've done is dismiss those dissenting opinions as somehow belittling you.

Tell you what, if your preference is to express your opinion and only hear from people who agree with you, this might not be the best forum. It's really a shame you can't get past this, because this thread actually has a lot of great thoughts from BOTH SIDES of the debate in it. But somehow, you've taken the whole thing as some sort of affront to you personally. This might not be the right forum for you.

Then maybe you shouldn't make baseless accusations you can't or won't back up. It seems the only one here who has been intolerant of differing opinions is you.

I'm sorry that I don't agree with you. I completely respect your opinion, I just don't happen to share it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having differing opinions. And when someone has a differing opinion, they usually share WHY. That is what has happened here. You propose that this trend will stop if we all object to it. And you are likely correct. However, I do not believe you have given any merit to the fact that a good number of us do not WANT to see this trend stop. However all you've done is dismiss those dissenting opinions as somehow belittling you.

Tell you what, if your preference is to express your opinion and only hear from people who agree with you, this might not be the best forum. It's really a shame you can't get past this, because this thread actually has a lot of great thoughts from BOTH SIDES of the debate in it. But somehow, you've taken the whole thing as some sort of affront to you personally. This might not be the right forum for you.

Many people in this thread have disagreed with me. Few people have disagreed with me AND used childish name calling while doing it. You sound like a very angry person. I really hope everything works out for you because this is just a thread in a forum about restaurants on cruise ships. First world problems, check yourself dude.

Another point is that the Navigator took away some free public spaces for the new pay restaurants. No more deck 14 card room and Cloud 9, or deck 3/4 disco. I think the Viking Crown on deck 14 is the disco now, which I guess means one less place for live music at night.

This is true and all, but they also did add the flow rider. Overall public space did decrease on the ship but not in areas where most people would notice. From my understanding the old nightclub the "dungeon" wasn't very popular anyways and the deck/card rooms were under utilized.

So while it is easy to say they just replaced public space with private fee places, I think they did strike a good balance.

Many people in this thread have disagreed with me. Few people have disagreed with me AND used childish name calling while doing it. You sound like a very angry person. I really hope everything works out for you because this is just a thread in a forum about restaurants on cruise ships. First world problems, check yourself dude.

I honestly think you're confusing me with someone else. I haven't called you names anywhere in this thread. I made the hypothetical statement about "not insulting", but other than that, I have simply been trying to engage you and others in a dialogue. I'm far from angry about any of this. Puzzled by your impressions of what is happening here? perhaps, but angry? not in the slightest.