I feel sorry for the Slide Attendants...

MickCruiser

Seriously? Yes, this commercial will be the sole reason children will try to go down a slide with multiple people. How irresponsible of carnival for finding a way to play off of the Olympics.

I think this commercial is great.

I thought it was great too. If your kids believe everything they see on tv then they will be trying to order some dynamite from the ACME company to blow up the RoadRunner. :rolleyes: Kids have been going down slides in tandem since I was little and that was a long time ago. I think the parents need to teach them that you can't do everything you see on TV. I wish it were true but those diet gimmicks won't make me lose 20 lbs in a couple of months. :(

Just think of this commercial as another teachable moment for your kids. What they see on commercials is marketing and not reality. Just like all those burgers shown on all those fast food commercials. Ever seen one look so good in real life?:eek:

Children - large and small and those of the adult variety - have been sliding in tandem and tripledem (not a word I know LOL) for many many years - I can say, we have survived - I love the ad, cracks us up - the line if "and they just met yesterday" is the best!

My son is 10 and he laughed and said "shame we can't do that, but that is fun" - kids understand the rules, it is up to us as parents to ensure they are followed - Carnival is not here to babysit our children nor are they responsible for us teaching them - pretty sure that was in our parenting contract :-)

My fear is this giving small kids the idea of doing this at pools, parks, and playgrounds.

The first time this commercial was aired, my children (11 & 7 yrs old) called out loud at the same time: you CAN'T do that.

It's common sense. Public waterparks or Carnival cruise: one person at a time.

I don't see kids making a big deal out of it, if they are told NO. It's the parents whom I am afraid of.

The first time this commercial was aired, my children (11 & 7 yrs old) called out loud at the same time: you CAN'T do that.

It's common sense. Public waterparks or Carnival cruise: one person at a time.

I don't see kids making a big deal out of it, if they are told NO. It's the parents whom I am afraid of.

As I recall there is signage at the slide that says that only one person at a time is allowed on slide so I doubt the parents would get too far.

Children - large and small and those of the adult variety - have been sliding in tandem and tripledem (not a word I know LOL) for many many years - I can say, we have survived - I love the ad, cracks us up - the line if "and they just met yesterday" is the best!

My son is 10 and he laughed and said "shame we can't do that, but that is fun" - kids understand the rules, it is up to us as parents to ensure they are followed - Carnival is not here to babysit our children nor are they responsible for us teaching them - pretty sure that was in our parenting contract :-)

If only more parents had as much common sense. And yes, I am a parent too.