I feel sorry for the Slide Attendants...

MickCruiser

I dig the new Carnival commercial, tho It is getting tons of play. :-)

But I cannot imagine they let four kids go down a slide at the same time.

Thus my empathy for the Slide Attendants who have to say...."hey man, it's a commercial. This is the real world and safety dictates one person at a time". ;-)

haha, I said the same thing to my husband and we watched the commercial. I said "you know on a ship, 4 kids are going to get on the slide and want to go down together, will be told NO and they will say - BUT WE SAW IT ON TV"

You know it's going to happen! I thought of the poor person working the top of the slide, too. I said it may not have been the best idea for a commercial.

I dig the new Carnival commercial, tho It is getting tons of play. :-)

But I cannot imagine they let four kids go down a slide at the same time.

Thus my empathy for the Slide Attendants who have to say...."hey man, it's a commercial. This is the real world and safety dictates one person at a time". ;-)

Ha ha - we caught that as well! I have no idea why they would do something like that for the commercial when it's obviously not allowed ! : p

They had a disclaimer at the bottom of the commercial saying unless you are an Olympian luge member, you can not go down the slide four at a time. :eek:

Really! I didn't catch that. If true, classic!

Still feel sorry for the attendants. :-)

They had a disclaimer at the bottom of the commercial saying unless you are an Olympian luge member, you can not go down the slide four at a time. :eek:

Do all 4 have to be Olympic Luge team members?

Man, I wish I knew a member just so I could do this.

haha, I said the same thing to my husband and we watched the commercial. I said "you know on a ship, 4 kids are going to get on the slide and want to go down together, will be told NO and they will say - BUT WE SAW IT ON TV"

You know it's going to happen! I thought of the poor person working the top of the slide, too. I said it may not have been the best idea for a commercial.

And their parents will likely go looney-toon on the attendant.

Someone will get mad their kids cant do it, then rush to guest services and remove tips. They are going to tip in cash "later". Then they will send a nasty note to John Heald, with vague references to "other lines let me bring my entire family on the slide" and refer to cruise critic like it is some kind of exclusive club.

Cute commercial, but super tiny disclaimer. You must have a 1080 high def TV, & it must be a huge TV. My 27" low def TV smudges all the words together. I know that some people will say that parents need to teach their kids that they cannot do this instead of relying on TV & Carnival to raise their kids for them. Although that is true, many parents will not do this; some because they themselves don't know that this is against the rules. And plenty of kids will ignore their parents directions anyway.

Kids love to ride in tandem on waterslides. Since I'm a waterslide enthusiast, I see it all the time. Kids have to be told that they can't do that all the time, on cruise ships & waterparks everywhere. The commercial is pretty much telling kids that it can be done on our ships (as kids won't see the tiny disclaimer), and they will remember, especially the ones who are cruising soon. Most kids will take the rejection in stride, some will throw a fit.

Edited by k2excursion

The first time I saw the commercial (day 2 of the Olympics coverage), I thought, OMG, kids are going to want to do this.....and if they aren't allowed to, their parents are going to scream bloody murder.

I think it was irresponsible of Carnival to air this commercial without a LARGE disclaimer so everyone could see and know that this would NOT be allowed on their ships.

Edited by sailinglisa

My fear is this giving small kids the idea of doing this at pools, parks, and playgrounds. This is completely irresponsible.

Next Carnival commercial will have kids running with scissors.

Seriously? Yes, this commercial will be the sole reason children will try to go down a slide with multiple people. How irresponsible of carnival for finding a way to play off of the Olympics.

I think this commercial is great.