Car Rentals

Snook

I am having one heck of a time finding information on car rentals in Anchorage. I tried calling one or more of the more well know ones but cannot get a live person to talk to. I asked questions on line, left message on phone, tried live chat with no success on any of them. I simply want to know which car rental companies are open downtown Anchorage on May 22, 2014. That's all I need to know at this point because I can (I think) make reservations on line. Is May 22 too early for them to open?

I am having one heck of a time finding information on car rentals in Anchorage. I tried calling one or more of the more well know ones but cannot get a live person to talk to. I asked questions on line, left message on phone, tried live chat with no success on any of them. I simply want to know which car rental companies are open downtown Anchorage on May 22, 2014. That's all I need to know at this point because I can (I think) make reservations on line. Is May 22 too early for them to open?

That information is on the companies web sites. I think that you are confused about Anchorage, it is a large city, that does not shut down in the winter like the small towns along the coast.

As was said, no need to call them. You can find that info on each company's website. Also, most booking engines won't let you book a pick up when the rental agency is closed.

Generally off-airport companies are open Mon through Friday from early morning until 6pm or so and on Saturday mornings.

Thanks all for your suggestions. I am booking online with one downtown and close enough to our hotel. Yes, Budget Queen, the one you mentioned seems to be a better deal than others. We plan to drive down the Seward Hwy to Alyeska Resort and ride the Aerial Tram. Should make for an interesting day.