Oasis Photo Review – All Dining and Drinks Menus - Daily Programs

From outside the Windjammer lobby is a wide deck that goes forward right to the Solarium upper lever. It overhangs the part of the pool decks offering shade on Deck 15, for those who seek it.

In the next photo, if you look up to Deck 17, that is the location of the private deck for Gold Card holders, meaning those in Suites, not to be confused with Crown and Anchor Gold members.

Deck16open_zpsd6dfbfb6.jpg

Golddeck_zps92e4ae79.jpg

golddeckaft_zpsdc1fa628.jpg

Golddeckup_zps81b928da.jpg

Deck 17 Plan

DSCF5437_zpsde25ea25.jpg

The Viking Crown Lounge sits directly on top of the Windjammer…

JanFeb14116_zpsd1f6b5b0.jpg

…and is adjacent to the Loft Suites, which occupy an area to the aft that formerly would have been part of a much larger lounge.

DSCF5440_zpsfe7b8255.jpg

Access to the Pinnacle Lounge is also from this area.

DSCF5438_zps4c672bab.jpg

Unlike other ships the Viking Crown Lounge view to the front is relatively narrow and is not as impressive because it does not tower above what lies in front. So not as good for watching the seas ahead that can be experienced on other vessels in the fleet. In fact I get the impression the Viking Crown was very underused.

DSCF5444_zpsb16bb0d7.jpg

crownland_zps2d51a471.jpg

DSCF5445_zps1f7a1c1e.jpg

JanFeb14117_zpsb82ce4e1.jpg

Night view looking directly forward from the Viking Crown Lounge

Next will be Day 8, Disembarkation, most certainly the biggest failing of the entire cruise…

Great review!!

We will be on the Indy in less than 3 weeks (woohoo!!) and we are also flying into Orlando for a day at Universal. Can I ask you how long it took you to drive to FLL and what route did you take? We are driving down the day of the cruise so i want to be sure and leave enough time.

Thanks

You travel on the Florida Turnpike to I-595 EAST and that leads directly into the Cruise Port. It takes about 3 to 31/2 hours to make the drive.

Enjoy your cruise!

Caneguy

Great review! My family will be on Oasis in June and we're all looking forward to this cruise. You said you have the menu to the Solarium Bistro. My husband and I are thinking of dining there one evening. Have you posted that menu and I missed it, or is it coming?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

Great review! My family will be on Oasis in June and we're all looking forward to this cruise. You said you have the menu to the Solarium Bistro. My husband and I are thinking of dining there one evening. Have you posted that menu and I missed it, or is it coming?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

Thank you justchar for the feedback. Much appreciated.

I have not yet posted the Solarium Bistro menu.

The next thing to come is Day 8 and disembarkation. Then some bits and pieces that were missed, including photos and a summary of the overall experience. Then all the speciality menus not yet posted. Then the full restaurant wine list. Then, but only if there is sufficient interest, other wine and drinks lists including for the pub. Then miscellaneous other things like laundry list, in-room bar price list etc.

Megacruiser, thank you so much for your fabulous review. My husband and I will be sailing on the Oasis for the first time in May. Your detailed review and wonderful pictures have helped us become familiar with the ship. I'm sure I will feel like I have already been there after seeing all of your pictures. We are thankful for your hard work and time spent posting your review.

If you have any drink/cocktail menus that have prices listed, I would be interested in seeing those. We are still debating on purchasing the premium drink package. I'm not quite sure it would be a wise purchase, so any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

Thank you for this wonderful review. Just found it today and read through most of it. We will be on the Oasis on the May 10th sailing, Can you tell me if there is a night where they serve lobster at no additional cost in the MDR? I thought maybe it would be the second formal night, but I didn't see it on the menu.

Thank you for this wonderful review. Just found it today and read through most of it. We will be on the Oasis on the May 10th sailing, Can you tell me if there is a night where they serve lobster at no additional cost in the MDR? I thought maybe it would be the second formal night, but I didn't see it on the menu.

Lobster is served on the second formal night.

Enjoy!!!

Continuing to follow- and have subscribed- though I am sailing in 6 days and very much interested in the bar/pub, bistro menus- leaning towards drink package- but would love the info.

thanks again for a great review

N

Thanks for the info Caneguy. But I looked twice at the MDR menu posted here for Wednesday and I did not see lobster - just the one you have to pay for. I did see the prime rib. Am i missing something?

It's called the Fisherman's Platter. I believe there is shrimp along with the lobster tail.

Continuing to follow- and have subscribed- though I am sailing in 6 days and very much interested in the bar/pub, bistro menus- leaning towards drink package- but would love the info.

thanks again for a great review

N

I am confident the Solarium Bistro Dinner Menu, wine and drinks lists will be posted before you are due to leave.

Regards

megacruiser

Thank you justchar for the feedback. Much appreciated.

I have not yet posted the Solarium Bistro menu.

The next thing to come is Day 8 and disembarkation. Then some bits and pieces that were missed, including photos and a summary of the overall experience. Then all the speciality menus not yet posted. Then the full restaurant wine list. Then, but only if there is sufficient interest, other wine and drinks lists including for the pub. Then miscellaneous other things like laundry list, in-room bar price list etc.

There is interest for anything from the ship you would like to post lol! I have really enjoyed reading your review. I have 46 days till we step on the Oasis and just can't wait! Please keep posting!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There is interest for anything from the ship you would like to post lol! I have really enjoyed reading your review. I have 46 days till we step on the Oasis and just can't wait! Please keep posting!

Thanks for your feedback, At Sea 4Ever,

I'll put you down as one vote for all the extra miscellaneous documents. There is a lot of time involved in editing and uploading those extra photos, so will only include them if there is a significant genuine interest.

Regards

megacruiser

I love your pictures so much that I have gone back to page 1 several times and looked at them again. :D We are going on the Oasis in October (2nd time for us) and our DS is taking his girlfriend (a 1st time cruiser). I showed her your review and she is now more excited than ever. Thank you for such a great review and amazing pictures.

Still following and loving this review. We are sailing on the Oasis on may 10th, and I cannot get enough information on her! Keep it coming...every detail is exciting to me! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with all of us :)

Please share all the bits & pieces like laundry price list, pub price list. What may seem trivial to those that have sailed on Oasis before is invaluable info for 1st timers like myself. Do we have to book shows etc online before boarding?

Thank you for taking the time to do this. I'm following to the end and then will re read probably many times.

I can't thank you enough for all the time you've spent sharing your trip. Everything you have included has been so helpful, entertaining and informational! I'd love to see specialty menus, bar prices, etc. if you have time to post them. Best review I've ever read!!