Regal or Ruby?

Cruiser-66

We are planning to book one of these ships for next year. I thought for sure it would be the new Regal, but notice Ruby will be doing the same trip with one extra port being Turks. Ruby is a little less money, but this far out it's hard to say if it will end up that way. Those who have sailed Ruby or Royal what do you think? We haven't been on either class.

just as a heads up which might not effect you. We were booked onto the ruby for 31st January 2015 for a caribbean cruise. We have been informed that the ruby is repositioning and it will now be replaced by the caribbean princess.

We are yet to decide if we will continue or not

just want you to be aware as it is still showing as ruby on the website as well as in my booking section on the website

We are planning to book one of these ships for next year. I thought for sure it would be the new Regal, but notice Ruby will be doing the same trip with one extra port being Turks. Ruby is a little less money, but this far out it's hard to say if it will end up that way. Those who have sailed Ruby or Royal what do you think? We haven't been on either class.

If you are a fan of nice balconies and roomy cabins or enjoy walking on the Promenade, Ruby would be my pick. If none of those preferences apply to you, probably Royal.

Since the Regal has yet to sail, there really aren't any reviews as yet. However, there is plenty of reviews for the Royal which is the sister ship of the Regal that you can read.

If the Ruby is replaced by another Grand Class ship such as the Caribbean Princess then maybe the decision comes down to itinerary and/or cost. Either class ship is great for the Caribbean.

OP;

I've sailed the Royal but not her sister the Regal since it hasn't launched yet. I've also done two cruises on the Ruby. I would choose the Ruby. Mainly because I like bigger balconies. On the Royal, unless you are lucky enough to get one of the few angled ones right under the Sea-walk, or are able to endure a soot filled aft suite balcony you will have a very tiny balcony. I would choose the Ruby. I also like that the Ruby has an Explorers lounge that the Royal/Regal do not. The Vista lounge on the Royal was not very well thought out. The seating can be a challenge. Another thing I like about the Ruby is Adagios and the location of Sabatini's. Great Aft views while enjoying a drink or dinner.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Most of our cruises have been on Princess's grand class ships. Looking at the Royal, It doesn't look like there isn't very many pools for that amount of people. Any comment's from people that have been on both ships?

We did the T/A. Didn't really sit around the pool, but I did see it fairly well used. Those that have done a Carib cruise could probably answer better as to how crowded it got.....

Bob