Sunshine or Sensation?

Nightlockkk

I was fortunately offered one of the free cabins from Carnival, though I am just starting a new job I can't let this offer go to waste. Two friends of mine and myself are looking into a short 4-5 day getaway from Port Canaveral since we live in Orlando. I wanted to see what the pros/cons of the Sunshine and the Sensation would be? I know about the Sunshine just being dry docked and the Sensation being older but I wanted to check on some opinions. Please let me know, I trust y'all more than I do reviews. :) Thanks!

What on a ship and/or cruise is important to you?

Honestly, I just love to cruise. So nothing important. Just nice crew, relaxation and maybe some nightly entertainment. I just wanted to see if anyone had any advice who had been on both ships. :)

Neither, try a dream class ship.

I've been on the Dream and the Magic, I'm not a fan of the huge ships. I liked when I sailed the Valor/Victory/Destiny (before she was sunshine) lol

IMHO, I'd do the Sunshine, simply because our experience on the Sensation was one of the most subpar we've ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

IMHO, I'd do the Sunshine, simply because our experience on the Sensation was one of the most subpar we've ever had.

I've been on a btb and a 3 day recently on the Sensation and this just goes to show you that there can be very different opinions. i personally loved the Sensation and the Sunshine doesn't interest me at all.

Why you may ask? Well, the Sensation has a GREAT crew, one of the most fun CDs ever, hospitality staff was very efficient and one of the best I've had for fulfilling request (ice in room, replace flickering light was done within 10 mins) all done with smiles. The shows still have band and singers and they have my favorite show on board "Dancing in the Streets", wait staff was very attentive and responsive, food was very warm at the least. The social hosts, Shannen, Dallas and Pablo were very warm and inviting, piano bar and comedy lounge were plenty large enough for the people.

Downside, they only have 3-4 day cruises where the Sunshine offers the longer ones. Go ahead and pick what's important for you and have a great cruise.

I'd go with the Sunshine if you are looking for some nice relaxation on sea days. The Serenity deck is 2nd to none. It's 3 decks. You can catch the action of the lido deck on its first floor or get all the peace and quiet you want one the upper decks. Very nice ship.

I've been on the Dream and the Magic, I'm not a fan of the huge ships. I liked when I sailed the Valor/Victory/Destiny (before she was sunshine) lol

Did you like the Elation? If you enjoyed the Valor, Victory or Destiny more than you enjoyed the Elation, I would pick the Sunshine over the Sensation.