Norwegian Escape Public Rooms

London-Calling

I hear that the Haven will be bigger with more suites?

Is it longer or taller (extra deck) or both?

There's an extra deck, but it's the same length.

Escape:

escape_haven_zpsa4bec603.png

Getaway:

getaway_haven_zps698956b5.png

I'm assuming the loss of the aft-most 2-Bedroom Villa on the starboard side is to give more space for an enlarged Haven Restaurant. Also, it looks like the space for the two forward-most S5/H5 Penthouses has been absorbed into the enlarged DOS.

For those concerned about even more crowding, maybe guests of the new and super-sized Haven will be required to stay in the Haven and not venture to the other parts of the ship. ;)

You mean they do come out to mingle with the riff-raff?:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Anyone any idea what this glass bit is on Escape. I don't think Breakaway has it?

breakaway_plus-edit.jpg

IT IS THE FOOD REPUBLIC NEW RESTAURANT on deck 8. Look and compare the deck floor plans of the BA and the Escape. on the BA that area are balcony cabins, i know that for fact because that was were my cabin was my past cruise.

It will be were cabins # 8780 to 8764 are now on the BA/GA. samething on the other side with the Distric Brew House.

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/breakaway/deck-plans

http://www.escape.ncl.com/the_Ship/deck_plans

Looking at the renderings you can see the curved glass windows.

http://www.escape.ncl.com/dining/food-republic

But when you open those sliding doors a gale blows in. Plus you could look into the adjacent balconies. So guess they are sheltering the waterfront entrance!

Yep it's there on Breakaway as well..

8737852975_2af253490c_b.jpg

Breakaway mid-aft in NY by single_cruiser, on Flickr

Looks like they may frost the glass as currently from that spot you can see this..

8736479440_629e305e26_b.jpg

View from End of Waterfront by single_cruiser, on Flickr

It is on the BA but is different, is the end of the waterfront, and then continues with balcony cabins. on the BA is Fat Cats, on the Escape is 5 O'Clock bar and then continues with the Food Republic restaurant.

I am very excited about it, we actually found that out today looking at the floor plans. That means more public space.

This one is a good one done a few weeks ago..

Wow! This is super! I am going to share with some friends that I am trying to convince to come on my Escape cruise with me! I do have a question.... You made this video? I have been following the everything escape thread, and I thought I read that there is not going to be Howl at the Moon on this ship?

Is there going to be Howl at the Moon on the Escape?

Wow! This is super! I am going to share with some friends that I am trying to convince to come on my Escape cruise with me! I do have a question.... You made this video? I have been following the everything escape thread, and I thought I read that there is not going to be Howl at the Moon on this ship?

Is there going to be Howl at the Moon on the Escape?

Yep I made the video. The initial publicity included howl at the moon but I believe it will only be a single pianist request as opposed to duelling pianos..

• 1 month later...

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I'm a little leery about the Escape. It's the same length and width as Breakaway and Getaway, so the extra tonnage is mainly due to an extra deck of Haven suites. It will carry approximately 200+ more passengers, but the pools and public spaces are essentially the same square footage. The new dining areas will be extra charge. As beautiful as they are, the Breakaway and Getaway get slammed for being crowded, especially the pool deck. Although the Haven pool might absorb some of the extra Haven passengers (and get more crowded as well,) it sounds like the Escape will be an even more crowded version of already crowded ships. :cool:

I'm having trouble getting excited about this ship, until ncl releases some information that there will be more public spaces. So far all we have heard about are more cabins. What that means to me is a ship that will be even more crowed then the Breakaway. More cabins with the same public spaces. I hope I'm wrong, or I will pass on this ship.

Please. Could someone do a summary of this thread.:)

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I'm a little leery about the Escape. It's the same length and width as Breakaway and Getaway, so the extra tonnage is mainly due to an extra deck of Haven suites. It will carry approximately 200+ more passengers, but the pools and public spaces are essentially the same square footage. The new dining areas will be extra charge. As beautiful as they are, the Breakaway and Getaway get slammed for being crowded, especially the pool deck. Although the Haven pool might absorb some of the extra Haven passengers (and get more crowded as well,) it sounds like the Escape will be an even more crowded version of already crowded ships. :cool:

From this post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46115068&postcount=9

As for Escape, I am booked on a 14-night sailing in August 2016. I am confident that this will be the best class of ship Norwegian has ever built. Why? Escape class combines the best of Epic and the best of -Away class and combines them into an elegant new whole. Here are some statistics that should comfort you, taken from NCL.com and Meyer Werft's website:

• Escape class holds 4,248 passengers (double occupancy). That's only an increase of 279 passengers over -Away class.

• Escape class is .5% shorter than -Away class, but it is 4% wider than -Away class, which is excellent. Most complaints about -Away class have been that the ships are too narrow.

• Escape class is 18,000 gross tons larger than -Away class. Gross tonnage is generally described as a measure of a ship's interior volume, so there's lots more space for those extra 279 passengers.

• Escape's main pool area has been reconfigured. The main bar has been stacked, so it has half the footprint of the main bar on -Away class. This results in more deck space. Plus there's only four slides, not five. Plus, they've combined multiple smaller hot tubs into fewer, larger ones. This all makes for a better pool area.

I am confident Escape is going to be an awesome ship.