Transfer Between Cruise Terminals at Southampton

HKM

We will be getting off of the Ruby Princess at the Mayflower Terminal in Southampton on May 23 and boarding the RCI Adventurer at the City Terminal. Does anyone know if there are shuttles between the terminals? Would a taxi drive balk at making a short trip between terminals? Thanks for any help you can provide.

You may be able to walk it unless you have mobility issues

you can check the map (last on page)

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Port_Maps/

maybe contact the port authority and ask the best way to transfer between terminals

The taxi driver will not mind they are used to short runs, to the station for example. You may not find the fare cheap. Anyway it must be about a half a mile. There are hotels just as close. Get a Taxi. There will not be any shuttles. I would have thought what you are doing is quite rare.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Presumably you will be getting off the Ruby Princess at about 9am but not boarding the other ship until after 12 noon? So what do you intend doing for three or more hours?

We hope to stay onboard the Ruby as late as possible (probably around 9, as you suggest), then get to the next terminal and drop our luggage. After that, we'll either wait in the passenger area described on the port site or walk to town, as it appears is possible from the City Terminal.

The taxi driver will not mind they are used to short runs, to the station for example. You may not find the fare cheap. Anyway it must be about a half a mile. There are hotels just as close. Get a Taxi. There will not be any shuttles. I would have thought what you are doing is quite rare.

Thank you. I'm glad to hear the taxi drivers won't refuse us. We could walk but it sounds like a difficult area for that, especially with luggage. It's hard to picture whether or not there are sidewalks but that would be unusual from what I've read about the Mayflower Terminal's location.

Thank you. I'm glad to hear the taxi drivers won't refuse us. We could walk but it sounds like a difficult area for that, especially with luggage. It's hard to picture whether or not there are sidewalks but that would be unusual from what I've read about the Mayflower Terminal's location.

There are pavements(sidewalks) all the way from one to the other. But I do not think you can walk along the dockside. You may have to walk inland about a 300 yds. Turn right and walk three quarters of a mile. But if you are pulling and carrying luggage, not a pleasure.

On this site there is a photo showing the docks

look at bottom of the page

http://cruisesouthampton.com/markers/city-cruise-terminal

Looks like you could walk it

I would contact the port authority just to be sure

I have googled the distance you have to walk and because you cannot walk along the dock side it is 1.3 mile, terminal to terminal.

Unless you are quite fit I believe you will need a taxi due to luggage. Ask the driver the cost of dropping off your luggage and then taking you into town. At that time of the morning there should be no queue to drop off luggage and town is close.

Southampton has a nice shopping centre close to the port. It will be easy to stock up on toiletries if you need to. I would recommend Super-drug or Boots. Both on the main shopping street. There are plenty of coffee shops and a nice park.

We have only visited Southampton to take cruises therefore I am sorry to say I can not recommend any places of interest to visit for a few hours.